Rockies regional randomness

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by Geek, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Tha Rick

Tha Rick Shake and bake! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Devil's racetrack?:D
  2. rmhrc628

rmhrc628 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Correct - no quad use on any public land. That also means no 1000hp monster buggies.

Our country wants to register everything.

I like the US approach. Freedoms first. Then fight to keep them. In Aust we have nanny statism sorted. It's a joke. Quad sales are a trickle here.

We have no formal bike only trails - all bikes must be fully road registered.
  3. toddler

toddler Unpronouncible

Oddometer:
    Pinewood Springs, CO(between Lyons and Estes Park)
    Ahhh...just "the racetrack" out in Death Valley. Cool place. Beer hats grow on Cactus out there.:deal
  4. rmhrc628

rmhrc628 Long timer

Oddometer:
    That sounds awesome !!

But how would a landowner get insurance so he wouldn't get sued? Alcohol, high hp and risk equals danger.

The only way down here that is possible is private land and loads of insurance - def ZERO drinking.
  5. AteamNM

AteamNM Wonna Be ADVrider Supporter

Oddometer:

:lol3:huh:deal

I have seen organized belt sander racing. I have seen parents spend half a mill. on campers and round track go carts for 7 year olds. There are folks that Jeep, ride, hunt, bird watch, hug trees, hunt mushrooms, collect rocks, ride horses and bicycles, all kinds of folks out doing all kinds of things. The point is this is FFFFKKKing AmerKa. Pursuit of happiness. I agree sort of to this missive above. My nephew is a member of the Appalachia Ridge Runners in NE Kentucky. They own 4000 acres of trees, bogs, mined areas, tertiary growth, most or all hard woods are gone. They have places like that where they can rip up the ground, dig massive trenches, bust up rocks and destroy trees. Kool :clap

They are also incredible stewards of their land. If a guy wants to build a rip roaring "rock crawler" with twin steering, then I say God Bless AmerKa and pass the ammunition. I appreciate his liberty and freedoms to do so. There is a place and time for everything. I bet this location is private land. Sure beats ripping up BLM land or private property-no trespassing kind of juicy liberal screaming thing.

The one side that says, motorcycles or whatever are bad. They don't understand that their opinion is just that. Just because I don't like what someone does, you know Polka music players, doesn't mean the Polka folks should not play Polka. Anyone have any good Polka?

Huba huba to Bubba in his $50K forest killer and really the only crawler I have seen splatter up a cliff. That dude was riding or driving trials, hopping and positioning, then splatters a ledge. FFFKKK. :eek1
  6. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IhnUgAaea4M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  7. thump_co

thump_co ..ouch

Oddometer:
    Rubbish.. we all know for a fact the recreational users are the ultimate destructive force on public and private lands.

And as a concerned trail advocate, I've spent hours trying to help educate other users on proper trail etiquette in places like West Mag. Thankfully the USFS, as the steward entrusted with this land, is here to back us up in these conservation efforts:

[​IMG]

Glad we've been keepin' that singletrack single.
  8. AteamNM

AteamNM Wonna Be ADVrider Supporter

Oddometer:
    <iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IhnUgAaea4M" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420">

</iframe>

Bed Bath & Beyond..... FFkkkkk Y... :evil
  9. Desert Scoundrel

Desert Scoundrel Banned

Oddometer:
    So I did some searching here and around the net but I need your opinion(s). I am looking at having the seat redone on my Wee. I have narrowed it to two people/companies, Tumbleweed(El Kabong) or Go West Seats. I have read many good things about both. My question is: which one will give the best results for the money for my 50/50 Wee? I am getting ready to do a several month long moto tour of the US and the seat I have now is a no go. Talk about monkey-butt! A bare-red-assed baboon has nothing on my after a few hundred miles!

Also, I like the looks of the Renazco seats and I'd like to have that nice suede-type top in dark silver/grey and black vinyl sides. You the look!

Thanks guys
  10. Blakebird

Blakebird r - u - n - n - o - f - t

Oddometer:
  11. Desert Scoundrel

Desert Scoundrel Banned

Oddometer:
    Do you know how reasonable his prices are? I am trying to stay under $300-ish
  12. nwcolorider

nwcolorider NWCOLO

Oddometer:
    We have always been limited over here in Craig in some of the finer micro brews found in the state. Trinity Brewing in the Springs is owned by an ex student of mine, he put that micro-biology degree to work. He got one of our local establishments to carry some of his beer. I must say, I really like this, and the size is JUST right. :freaky:clap:freakyTwo of these and it will be bed time!
    [​IMG]
  13. Tha Rick

Oddometer:
    For Medicinal purposes, especially a sore thumb.:freaky
  14. nwcolorider

nwcolorider NWCOLO

Oddometer:
    That is what I tell the wife, she caused the thumb!:lol3
  15. ROAD DAMAGE

ROAD DAMAGE Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Norm, I'm thinking this is a story that's worth hearing. :evil

Come on, spill the beans. :lol3
  16. MeterPig

MeterPig Meh

Oddometer:
    It's their idea of a good time.

Funny, every ride I have shown up on....most of the group brings knobbies. (Evil). Spins their tires (double evil) and often...some even have a loud pipe (triple uber evil).

Sure as can be, someone will jump in with "my group never blah, blah, blah". Yep, you would be the minority. Most folks just ride. It weren't for the interwebs and digital cameras, the city dwellers wouldn't be aware of the unwashed masses stinking of "their" forest.

Osmand, it's not personal man. Just saying that there are all kinds in the this world.
  17. MeterPig

MeterPig Meh

Oddometer:

Not everyone is happy to sue.
  18. nwcolorider

nwcolorider NWCOLO

Oddometer:
    OK, so I am changing a tire in the family room, the shop was to cold, I was out of coal(I have 4 tons now)! I have the tire on the plastic on the carpet, cannot make a mess you know. Trying to get the last bit popped on, when she comes around the corner and scares the shit out of me, I thought she was upstairs! My hand comes off the tire iron and it slaps my left thumb! She laughs her ass off and says it serves me right, and I better go get some coal for the shop!
  19. Tha Rick

Oddometer:
    ^^^^:freaky
    This is why I bring some suds to the outer places! The scars tell of wounds healed, the bruises tell stories still fresh in the mind, and the comaraderie of the adventures taken, planned. A cold one after a good ride shared can bring about a friendship that's to be remembered-especially when there is a commonality.

I'm thinking about TNC as I type this and the stories we told of the mighty husky automatics in the day on a ride in the same area...:freaky
  20. Tha Rick

Oddometer:
    Nw- Now I gotta make the Geek trip to your neck of the woods!