Anyone bought from KTM Cycle Hutt?

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by Max49, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Lurkerlou

Lurkerlou Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Very well said!
  2. Scott_PDX

Scott_PDX Leisure Engineer

Oddometer:
    Portland...the newer one on the left side.
    Aww fuck!

New to KTM's I foolishly ordered some parts a couple of weeks ago from them. Their site "looks" nice, show's what I know. No response from my order, so I try to call them and their Voicemail picks up to say their Customer Service office is closed until Monday the 21st for system upgrades. Hopefully I can cancel my order on Monday.

Guess I should have researched on ADV better!

Oh, and Jesus hates fuck-ups!
  3. go2cnavy

go2cnavy Dont Worry Be Brappy

Oddometer:
    Actually Jesus loves fuck ups. :lol3
    Good luck reaching them on Monday. It's MLK Jr. day.
  4. BISH

BISH n00b

Oddometer:
    just got my refund finalized thru my credit card this week.its too bad ktm doesnt get cyclehutt shut down.biggest scam i have come across since i got a computer.i just wanted to choke the guy when he answered the phone and basically admitted he was a fraud.WTF
  5. Black Hills

Black Hills Long timer

Oddometer:
    I still can't believe all the trouble with them? I bought my '11 990R from them in Mandan and they were great. everything I have ordered from them has arrived as promised? maybe I'll drive up to Sturgis and check in on them one of these days?
  6. jjohn82

jjohn82 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I had an order for two very simple things. A few Christmas's ago my kids (10 or so then) wanted to get me something. I asked for a two plug spark plug holder (plug caddy) and something else. You know cheap little items you need but are actually useless unless your kid gives them to you. Well, three and a half months and a bunch of phone calls later they show up...never, never again.

Now I shop local or KTMTwins. Although I did order some stuff from BDCW too.
  7. TwoTiredRiders

TwoTiredRiders Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We used to order from them all the time a few years ago. No problems. Helpful staff if you had questions. My relatives all would get me KTM Hutt gift cards for every holiday. Honestly no trouble but businesses change. Especially if they dont NEED the business, if you know what i mean...Thanks for the heads up.
  8. BaileyAZ

BaileyAZ Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I ordered a rear sprocket from the on Jan 18th. I called about two weeks after the order date to find out what was going on. I was told that it was on back order and should be in stock in less than 10 days. Feb 18 and still no shipment confirmation, so I called on the 19th. I was told that it was still on order, but someone else cancelled their order so they will ship me the one they have in stock today (19th). I am thinking WTF...in stock? Why not just send me that one instead of waiting for my special order? But I did not express my feeling on the phone as it would have gotten me now where. I called today because I have not received a tracking number. I was told it was quicker to send it 2 day USPS than FedEx and it was shipped on the 19th. I will let post if I get it by Friday. From here on out KTMCycleHutt.com will no longer be on my list of part suppliers. Horrible first and the last experience!
  9. racer49

racer49 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well I read this thread and thought I would Google them........The map view result says: also at this address "Hot Leathers Sturgis", " Thrift Store", "Weaver Art Gallery". Take a look at the "street level view " on google maps , sure does not look like a KTM dealership. Just dawned on me.... its one of those "work at home and make extra money with your computer" deals..:rofl
  10. fasteddiecz

fasteddiecz Panama Ed

Oddometer:
    Good afternoon Gents and Ladies,
    I wished I had read through this thread before ordering through cyclehutt. I ordered some basic accesories, some through Moose and some I thought they had in stock. I ordered online, couldn't get in touch with them for 5 days. Once I did talk with someone they could give me no clear reason why I was billed but nothing was ordered/shipped. I asked for a next day complimentary shipping, they agreed, a week later nothing showed up. I called them back and the parts were back ordered from Moose they said but didn't bother to call me. I cancelled the order, still waiting for a refund. I called a local KTM shop called CycleZone in Topeka KS, the boys had the items I requested in 2 days for a better price. Great bunch of guys who are willing to bend over backwards to help you get your ridding on. :clap
  11. tcskibike2008

tcskibike2008 SnowHawker

Oddometer:
    Here is my story about how lame cyclehutt is. I get a gift card from the wife and I order a KTM cup and a KTMADV filter kit. Cup comes no filter, three weeks later I am forced to call about the kit. No one has a clue and someone promises me that it will be shipped next day. Nothing so a week later I call and they had no intention of shipping it because they still don't have them. So to make it easy on them I request they send me some oil 10W60 and I was very specific about the weight. So today I get the oil its 5W40!

So mad! I found this thread googling "CycleHutt Sucks" you wouldnt believe the how many hits you get.

So whats the deal, these guys are from Sturgis are they to busy partying with the Harley guys. I tried to call them and the phones are down because of a snow storm. What?
  12. akarob

akarob Rob

Oddometer:
    They lie. There's no snow or system upgrade.
  13. tcskibike2008

tcskibike2008 SnowHawker

Oddometer:
    Why in gods name would they do that?
  14. tacosupreme

tacosupreme Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    To steal yo money. My buddy ordered some stuff, same story as everyone else. Ended up reporting them for fraud through his CC to get his $ back, but if the purchase was over 90 days there is nothing they can do. Cyclehutt just tries to push past the 90 day mark with BS excuses and it's free cheddar.
  15. tcskibike2008

tcskibike2008 SnowHawker

Oddometer:
    Sounds like they are run by the Hells Angels, oh well lesson learned. KTMTwins FTW!
  16. tcskibike2008

tcskibike2008 SnowHawker

Oddometer:
    So I gave CycleHutt a call, they wanted to send me the correct oil but charge and then credit my card for it in lieu of receiving the wrong oil back. I fought back and mentioned negative feedback throughout the net. Finally after some persuasion I talked the service rep into sending it no charge. Still waiting for a order confirmation..

Hopefully these guys are trying to redeem themselves.. I will let you know.
  17. The Griz

The Griz Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I stopped in to KTM Cycle Hutt before they moved to Sturgis, SD when they were still located in Bismarck, ND. They seemed like nice enough guys in person. They had a quite small operation going. They had a few bikes on the sales floor. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary. I haven't ever bought anything from them either online or in person though so I can't speak to that. I've never understood the move to Sturgis. They sell KTM's and KTM stuff not Harley's! :roflBeing in Sturgis offers no benefit other than a higher potential for break in and theft during the rally! And when the rally isn't going on Sturgis is MUCH more of a ghost town than Bismarck. They must have moved for personal reasons. Maybe family? The whole operation now seems very shady. VERY shady. I wouldn't order from them. I've had great luck with KTMTwins.com and KTMWorld.com. Anywho, just thought I'd share.
  18. tcskibike2008

tcskibike2008 SnowHawker

Oddometer:
    24 hours and no order confirmation.. Do you really think the customer service rep just told me what I wanted to hear and are not going to execute on it?
  19. Boatman

Boatman Membership has it's privileges ;-) Supporter

Oddometer:
  20. tcskibike2008

tcskibike2008 SnowHawker

Oddometer: