Adventure in Ohio?

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by somecallmetim, Nov 14, 2003.

1. vivid dadas

vivid dadas Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Scott, welcome, it's a pretty cool site as long as you remember; the view here is abysmal at best the pollution,heavy truck traffic,and so on. try california i here its good there.my last ride down to mohican the smog was so thick i could hardly breath.
  2. Whitey1

Whitey1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Welcome Scott!
  3. Whitey1

Whitey1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    :lol3
  4. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
    Vivid Tatas got jokes!

Welcome Scotty. I'm near you, in Mt. Fucking Gilead, for now. Wanna buy a house?
  5. Whitey1

Whitey1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Scott
    Nice garage space for sure at Meefs, if you qualify you could be my new best friend since he is leaving me.

edit* Shit you are a BMW rider. :lol3
  6. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
    I know, look at all those fucking BMW's in his profile. :eek1
  7. Whitey1

Whitey1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm jealous of the collection.

Im off tomorrow by the way if you or anyone wants to ride in the morning to mid afternoon.
  8. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
    First day on the job.
  9. Whitey1

Whitey1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Call off ya pussy.

:D
  10. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
    I do have over 1300 hours of sick leave which transfers. 11 years worth of calling off maybe 4 times...
  11. Whitey1

Whitey1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I get 2 sick days a year. Zero personal days. :cry

Good luck tomorrow buddy! :clap
  12. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
    Thanks. I'm watching Lethal Weapon I - IV now to rehearse some good one liners. Here's to hoping for a situation where I can mutter "nailed 'em both", and then saunter away without even looking back as the music starts.
  13. flashover604

flashover604 tailgunner

Oddometer:
    You're gonna need to get a dualie and a strong log chain.... On the plus side, you won't need the trailer for your 13 hr boredom killing bike transport relays...
  14. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:
    I'm back...

not that any of yinz missed me

had a fine time...ate like a pig...drank like a fish...

took a couple good rides

got wet on the way home today
  15. vivid dadas

vivid dadas Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Pretty good motorcycle weekend so far; rode out to Peoli yesterday morning and got Bruced, but had a good ride before it got too hot, then went out in the late afternoon on the gravel with my neighbor/bicycle buddy. His name is Grasshopper. He recently purchased an 1982 Honda XR500R for $200. It doesn't have a title, it has a headlight that works but no tail light, no blinkers, no mirrors, no license plate, no insurance, no gear, no motorcycle endorsement. When you do something with the Grasshopper, it's always an adventure.

Had a nice ride this morning with bryguy and guernsey, started in OW, did all of SR 26 starting with County Road 26 in Morristown, then SR 676 over to SR 339, Dropped bryguy of in Beverly, and stayed on 376 to Macksburg, lost guernsey to I-77, and I came back in via SR 821 to Caldwell and SR 285 and was home at 1:15 PM. It was 170 twisty miles. We were dry all the way.

It was nice and cool today, we only saw 4 motorcycles on all of 26. We met 2 guys and we passed a couple riding together. The questionable weather or the early hour must have kept most of the HD crowd home.

I'm riding tomorrow with my best buddy Pauley on his Burgman and his banker buddy who has a HD that he rides when the sun shines.
  16. rxcrider

rxcrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    R90/6 and other blasts from the past - I'm guessing he was responding to post number 2.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=423894&postcount=2

17. rxcrider

rxcrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    no wonder he replied to you
  18. rxcrider

rxcrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Grasshopper's real first name isn't Pete is it? I've only known one guy named Grasshopper and one of the last times I saw him, he almost killed me, towing me behind his car on rollerblades in downtown cleveland. He stopped for a red light and I couldn't... sounds kind of like the same type of guy.
  19. buildit

buildit Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer:
  20. BigOhio

BigOhio Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    :clapThanks for the ride Luke, it was a great time and you probably only heard "too slow" once during the enitre day and that just happened to be a nicely rutted, rocky uphill that some more throttle would have done me nicely. Other than that it was "perfect" and the rain pretty much held off until I pulled into the driveway. Then of course was the yellow jacket that got into my helmet and stung me in the carodid artery right after we split up. I'm not allergic, but it still hurts and swelled up pretty nicely.