Richmond Va chatter

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by mikeinrichmond, Dec 19, 2008.

1. tommyhof

tommyhof Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    In, weather permitting, there's always Poes as well in Richmond, second Sunday every month.
  2. tommyhof

tommyhof Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    you guys do this on a Friday, we'd have to play hookie
  3. MotoMujer

MotoMujer Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    A weekend RTE, local or otherwise, would probably draw from near and far, esp. in the winter, judging by the RTEs bwalsh organized at one point (e.g., a wet March Woodstock VA RTE drew from as far as MD and perhaps beyond with a headcount of over 30 FFs). --> Post Up, They Will Come!
  4. Jeff Munn

Jeff Munn Just along for the ride..

Oddometer:
    Sorry that I forgot to wish you a happy birthday Brian, but it looks like the Steelers gave you a nice present last night anyways!

jeff
  5. B.E. Coyote

B.E. Coyote (Super-Genius)

Oddometer:
    Thanks Jeff but if barely beating the worst time in football in front of the home crowd and now likely having to face the Ravens without our starting qb is my gift from them, I would have rather had a jersey or something. :D
  6. Jeff Munn

Jeff Munn Just along for the ride..

Oddometer:
    ........Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves! ,,,, Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

Maybe that will but a smile on your face. Oddball always had a way of looking to the positive. I'd say, at least they didn't lose to the worst team in football, in front of a home crowd! :D
  7. dawgwhat

dawgwhat No Earthy Idea

Oddometer:

catching some rays drinking some wine :freaky
  8. dawgwhat

dawgwhat No Earthy Idea

Oddometer:
  9. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    Received this from an inmate this morning. I'm not going to reveal his name; he can do so later should he choose:

"Got a flat on the two wheeler today. Unfortunately I was doing 70mph on 95. I was unable to stop before the death wobble struck. Went down hard on the shoulder. Damage on bike TBD. Destroyed my helmet and ripped up my pants and coat. Fortunately I was ATGATT. In ER now for what might be a broken big toe. Sum bitch!"

Haven't heard anything back further, but hope and pray they find the toe was his only injury. :pope

10. jgiacobbe

jgiacobbe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Whoever it is, they already made it past the biggest hurdle which was not getting run over on 95. Here is to hoping for no broken bones and just soreness. The bike, helmet and gear are not important at this point.

Also, for whoever it is, I''m off work starting this Friday for the next week if you need help trying to get things sorted.
  11. higworld

higworld Cheeseburger in Paradise

Oddometer:
    Yea, what he said. ^^^

Anything this person needs, I'll be happy to pitch in and help. Glad the gear worked.
  12. H14

H14 Live, Laugh, Love.

Oddometer:
    I'm off work today and tomorrow if if any help is needed. Also have truck and trailer if that is needed.
  13. pplassm

pplassm Brace for collision! 40488

Oddometer:
    Yikes! A flat at speed on I-95. That's just about everybody's worst nightmare, isn't it?
    Hope the rider gets it all together soon.

BTW, what is this, slacker week? I'm off till Monday.
  14. toddzacker

toddzacker Just the Shame

Oddometer:
    Guy-
    I know everyone is in the same boat as I am about offering up time & efforts to help in anyway needed. Please keep us upto date on any needs to get this inmate back on two wheels as soon as possible.

Specially with the holidays coming I'm sure any of us will do what we can to help in anyway needed.
  15. Hack

Hack .......

Oddometer:
    Just heard from VACommuter/Mike and it seems he is ok. Open fracture broken big toe. Glad your ok Brutha :clap Ride safe folks.

Mike says we will hear from him this weekend.
  16. ddlewis

ddlewis Long timer

Oddometer:
    +1 on that. I don't know any details of this one but 70 mph flat on the bike on I-95 during morning rush hour is a nightmare scenario.
  17. MotoMujer

MotoMujer Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    VAC - glad to learn a broken toe is the worst of it. :eek1 Hope you are feeling well mucho pronto!!!
  18. Hack

Hack .......

Oddometer:
    Mike is tough as nails do to the fact that he hits the gym every workday morning. Because of that dedication he leaves for work and is on I95 at 3am. Im sure all these factors helped him out this morning. If Id hit the ground at that speed and as hard Im sure Id be done. Thats one tough Marine.
  19. Eddy Alvarez

Eddy Alvarez Motorcycle ADD Supporter

Oddometer:
    Mike, wishing you a speedy recovery!

Honda has launched six all new bikes this week! Not just boring new graphics but all new bikes!

Any motorcyclist over 40, with a pulse, should get hot under the collar for this! Rumors are $9999/$10,999 with ABS
    http://powersports.honda.com/2013/cb1100.aspx

They even made the Batbike available to us mortals!
    http://powersports.honda.com/touring/2013/gold-wing-f6b.aspx

WHY, WHY, WHY in the heck they left the CrossTourer in Europe, South Africa and Australia....I have NO freaking idea! It would have done well against the GS, Tenere and Tiger!
    http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcycles/2012models/2012-Honda-Crosstourer2.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcycles/2012models/2012-Honda-Crosstourer.htm&usg=__ozD10_-OWXdHtLkbB--P1gTVSOk=&h=1334&w=2000&sz=280&hl=en&start=4&zoom=1&tbnid=LHnoP6YSDcdukM:&tbnh=100&tbnw=150&ei=w-yjUJyFOY7-8ATwloDAAg&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhonda%2Bmotorcycle%2Bcrosstourer%2Breview%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Dactive%26gbv%3D2%26rlz%3D1R2MERD_enUS499%26tbm%3Disch&um=1&itbs=1
  20. kwn306

kwn306 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Was VA Commuter on one of his KLR's or his BMW?.................traffic was not messed up this morning, I got to work on time, glad he was not hurt any worse. If he does leave at 3 am traffic is a whole lot lighter than when Sue and I leave at 4:45 am, maybe that is why he didn't get run over.