Carrying Deodorant

Discussion in 'Trip Planning' started by Jamie Z, Nov 30, 2011.

1. LegIron

LegIron Nomad

Oddometer:
    Chain Lube works great...and it's good for 1,000 miles or so depending on your sweat glands and the temperatures.
  2. Gerg

Gerg The Destroyer

Oddometer:
    After a nasty hot ride back from Washington to California (left Washington in a drizzle and hit the Cali border at ~100 degrees) I found that I needed to carry the smallest can of Lysol I could find. Spray the jacket insides every night. Made a HUGE difference in the stink factor at the stops.

Gerg
  3. lhendrik

lhendrik Putins Puppet

Oddometer:
    Embrace the funk. Subvert the dominant paradigm. Go deodorant free. Just don't ride near me, Really folks, motorcycle specific deodorant? Really?
  4. Rock Junkee

Rock Junkee Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    i use the tea tree with aloe roll on and it worx great small and easy plus its alluminum free
    most of your house hold deoderents have all sorts of shity chemicles in them and have been
    related to cause cancer
  5. KLRUSERIOUS?

KLRUSERIOUS? Farkle-whore

Oddometer:
    Axe spray deodorant comes in small travel sizes and can be used to spray down the inside of your jacket too.

I have seen these at my local pharmacy but I would have to agree that smelling like a hells angel on any given bike trip has never been an issue. How close are you getting to your ride buddies anyway?
  6. ben2go

ben2go Long timer

Oddometer:
    What brand?Need more info.I am allergic to some deos.This may cure my issue.:ear
  7. Mgbgt89

Mgbgt89 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I had the gel melt in my truck before. Truck smelled great for a while though.

I use gold bond powder on bike trips, Handful in each pit, and one on the balls. Works great.
  8. XFrog

XFrog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Weird, not questioning that you had this happen...but I have been thru extended rides (as in days on end) in temps in excess of 105 degrees F, as reported in the shade by the National Park or weather service, and never noticed a problem. I have been on tarmac so hot my kick stand sunk into the ashpalt while parked!

Hottest rides:

Death Valley in August.
    Big Bend NP in late May.
    Sturgis in early August can be wicked hot.

I usually pack the full size Speed Stick unscented or 'powder' anti-perspirant deodorant. I always have it packed in my Swiss Army bath kit and tucked in a saddle bag. Maybe the bath bag and saddle bags shield some of the heat? I have used hard shell BMW bags and cordura soft luggage to good effect.

Xfrog
  9. munchmeister

munchmeister Grow'd Up Mini Trail

Oddometer:
    Check out http://www.minimus.biz/default.aspx for all kinds of travel items, in packets that won't melt in your tank bag or luggage. They've got it all.

[​IMG]

These are nice little energy boosters for those times when you're in the Nevada desert.

[​IMG]

They even have organic !!

[​IMG]

Oh, yeah, and don't forget the SPAM !!!

[​IMG]

:freaky
  10. ben2go

ben2go Long timer

Oddometer:
    Isn't this the foo foo stuff women use to keep their woo woo's smelling fresh? :rofl :lol3 :rofl

[​IMG]
  11. munchmeister

Oddometer:
    Gee, you seem to know a lot about it. :rofl

Imagine what it will do for your armpit :lol3
  12. ben2go

ben2go Long timer

Oddometer:
    :lol3

Just basing my judgment off the packaging.
  13. See red

See red Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I put degree in the middle of my bag, rolled into the clothes, I also stick a cold pack in there. I haven't had one melt yet. I have been up to 99degree heat all day. A few ice cubes in a zip lock works as well. Just enough to keep the inside cooler than the ambient.
  14. TwoShots

TwoShots Vagabond

Oddometer:
    :rofl

Hey my wife was passing the laptop, saw the thread title and had but one comment:

"What a bunch of girls."
    :lol3
  15. tucsondude

tucsondude Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :photog

that would probably work, i dont think fresh oil is considered cancerous outside of california.

deoderant.... being a smelly biker, is what being a biker is about.
  16. Throttlemeister

Throttlemeister Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm not talking about some short little trip here;
    Tell your wife to travel for an extended trip taking showers only once a week or less and see who's looking for deodorant:lol3

A person who's never smelled so bad in all their life will never understand why it's so nice to have some smell good on hand when you need it. I've lived in the same cloths for months on end and it is kinda nice having something to freshing up the smell when you can't regulary do your laundry:deal
  17. TwoShots

TwoShots Vagabond

Oddometer:
    She has. Or does, I should say. She can rough it in the desert or mountains or both for a week plus and still come out like roses. Go figure. I wish I had that kind of body chemistry.

I think she was goofing on x-pages dedicated to the subject. In short and if I had to translate she may have meant: "You're packing out for a trip of hundreds or thousands of miles and you can't figure out how to manage deodorant without help?"
    or...
    "Your riding a 500+lb bike with gear and you're trying to save 2 inches of space?"
    or....
    "Pack it, shut up and go!"

But those are only my assumptions, and we know about assumptions...
  18. munchmeister

Oddometer:
    OK, I found the manly stuff, not the "woo-woo" wipes. These work well for when you finally walk into that strip joint after weeks on the road and wanna smell sweet for the girls. :1drink

[​IMG]

Biodegradable, too !! :thumb
  19. TwoShots

TwoShots Vagabond

Oddometer:
    And 48 packets can be yours for (cough, choke) only $19.99!
  20. munchmeister

Oddometer:
    Geez that's a lot of strip joints. Personally, I only go once or twice a week.:lol3