WetFest 2012 -- Sept 7-9

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by huzar, Nov 5, 2011.

1. 1911fan

1911fan Master of the Obvious Supporter

Oddometer:
    I probably should have taken more pics, but the route's pretty familiar to me. I've probably got a pic of everry DS I've owned in this spot:
    [​IMG]

Chuck (left) and Tori on the face of Chumstick:
    [​IMG]

The obligatory 'Tori Fall Down' pic:
    [​IMG]

I've got a 'Chuck Fall Down' pic too, but it doesn't seem to have loaded..... maybe later. The Saturday night thunderstorm started several fires, one out by Dryden, one up Number 1 Canyon which (as of last night) had about 30 houses under evacuation orders, and (looks like) one in the Mission Creek/Devil's Gulch area. We might get FR7100/Mission Creek reopened if the FS has to get firefighters in. Good news, bad news.

I had a great time, should have stayed Friday night too I guess. Sunday was cloudy and damp, and most people had packed up and left by noon, which was when the sun came back out.

1911fan

FIRE UPDATE:
    Shamelessly cribbed off the WABDR thread:
  2. Mr. Cob

Mr. Cob Howling "Mad", Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Howdy All,

Had a great time at this years WetFest, small group but quality folks who showed up. I didn't take many photos but I'll post some that I took from the summit of Chumstick Mountain a bit later.
  3. enduro0125

enduro0125 Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer:
    Nice to meet everyone from out West.
    We had a great time.

Thanks to Huzar and 1911 fan for setting this up.
    Nice ride around the orchards,Larry.
    Thanks for the swim.
    And thanks to Mr.Cob for breakfast and letting us sleep in the Toy Hauler.

Dan And Ellen
  4. YamaGeek

YamaGeek Skeletor sparklemuffin.

Oddometer:
    I'm sorry I didn't make this, was choice between this and another ride I've got planned, sometimes things don't pan out. Looks like there wasn't a lack of excitement. :lol3
  5. huzar

huzar Pastor of Muppets

Oddometer:
    So it turns out the big blister on my calf is not a burn... :bluduh

When I scampered up to the top of the ridge to take pictures of the lightning storm on Saturday, I must have tagged some poison oak :baldy
  6. Mrs1911fan

Mrs1911fan Adventurer

Oddometer:

THAT sucks!!! I'm surprised that as dry as it is on that hillside any poison oak was there :eek:( BUMMER

Tori
  7. B50Paul

B50Paul Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks 1911fan & Huzar:clap:clap

Had a great time . Was welcomed to the gun club on Friday by a 21 gun salute by our own Mr Cob,
    who didn't know what to do with the peace symbol cookie I gave him :lol3

After a ride around Leavenworth and a semi pot luck supper . We were entertained by an incredible thunder and lightening show.
    Paul
  8. peterman

peterman cop magnet Supporter

Oddometer:
    I used the excuse of a northern rally gathering to draw my sister across the border for a visit.
    It worked!,,I did not spend much time with the miscreants, but I did get SweetSixty [​IMG]

on the back of a motosickle
    [​IMG]

for the first time in 40 years or so, and she LIKED IT!

thank you Direwoof [​IMG]

and that spangled drongo on the KLR[​IMG]

for attending to us!

Marcin & 1911fan,,
    Thanks for putting this together, I'd have hung out and met more of you,,but I had such a good time seeing my sis after so many years,,we pissed the weekend away together,,and when we were out shopping, she found a Colt 1911 with laser sight,,clear plastic toy pistol that she wanted to buy for 1911 fan,,never having met him, and after my explaining the 1911 thing,,too funny!
    but as you now know,,we did not make it back up the hill after the certain death warnings of fires and lightning strikes,,:lol3,,but the thought was there!:clap
    Anyhow,,thanks for having us to your area,,we had a good time!
    Glad nobody got lit up,,what a show!
    We worried about you ff's turning into a string of christmas lights,,flashing from tent to tent, only stopping at the tents without metal poles,,a total flash of melting aluminum and nylon across a span of imaginable lengths,:huh,,
    all seen and imagined,,,from the safety of the motel's covered entry way:D,,:1drink
  9. Media

Media livin' in overtime

Oddometer:
    Thanks Huzar and 1911 fan for a great time.

Marcin - The 'Rebel Yell' was all right but not as good as 'Buffalo Trace'. Which I bought because I liked the label. I know another poor reason to purchase bourbon. Oh well, batting 500 is pretty good for me.:D

To all the other inmates there - what a grand time and group. Good riding, good company, good liquor and great stories.

Looking forward to the next time it "comes around on the guitar".

'till then, Happy Trails

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. 1911fan

1911fan Master of the Obvious Supporter

Oddometer:
    Any of you guys head over this way, PM me and we'll ride.

1911fan