The Yamaha Super Tenere XT1200Z Big Thread

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by mr moto, Feb 9, 2008.

1. twinrider

twinrider Pass the catnip

Oddometer:
    :freaky
    I mean I don't ride a raven.... Not that there's anything wrong with that... :augie
  2. GrahamD

GrahamD Long timer

Oddometer:
    He should have started with a Raven. His sticker bill would have been a lot less.
  3. Ludocrator

Ludocrator Adventurer

Oddometer:

I think it was pretty new, like less than 2,000 km (1,500 miles).
  4. Ludocrator

Ludocrator Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the advice. I guess there is only a few more months of waiting until we know new models for 2014.
  5. jaumev

jaumev Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well... the "Getting bored with it" statement was only a joke because I finish farkling it. :evil

The Super Tenere is the best bike I ever had and deserve to be bike for the rest of my life but as I think I told you before my next challenge is to do some off road solo trips. I’m not “Super Tenere sized” and I’m getting old so I need a lighter bike to this kind of trip, this is why I’m going to buy a Tenere 660.

My first idea was to keep the 1200 but I don’t have time enough to ride so many bikes and this beast don’t deserve to be covered of dust in my garage, better someone enjoy it.

So is a hard decision but if I find someone who love it… :cry

See what colour is going to be my next bike... :evil
  6. twinrider

Oddometer:
    I got mine used with 4000 km on it and it's smoother now than it was then. Will do the reflash next to lose the 1-3 gear restrictions.
  7. jaumev

jaumev Long timer

Oddometer:
    The stock seat but lowered and with a new cover.
  8. jaumev

jaumev Long timer

Oddometer:
    I preferred white, but after participate in this forum I'm changing to black... just to helps Pluric to have a theme to talk… :lol3
  9. Flydream

Flydream King of the Atlantic

Oddometer:

:eek1 you are coming out of the closet :D
  10. PWRCRZR

PWRCRZR Grumpy Old Bastard

Oddometer:
    The wife and I are not getting along well with the stock Tenere seat..I would like to here impressions from those of you who have other seats, what they are and how do you like them.
  11. twinrider

Oddometer:
    Sorry to say but there doesn't seem to be any strong consensus that any of the available aftermarket seats excels other than perhaps a Russell Daylong... I've been searching myself and will probably end up with an Airhawk.
  12. jaumev

jaumev Long timer

Oddometer:
    :shog
  13. Buckeye56

Buckeye56 Batoutahelius

Oddometer:
    I know that I have thoroughly enjoyed reading about your latest modifications to your Tenere. You are lucky that the 660 is an option. I am lucky Yamaha decided to sell the 1200 in the US so it is all good.
  14. pluric

pluric Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Cant' say, looking at all his stickers and all, it would be a surprise.:lol3
  15. mchaskell

mchaskell Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I prefer a sheepskin pad to the Airhawk. The Airhawk introduces a bit of "squirm" to my derriere, and I never feel part of the bike when using one.
  16. twinrider

Oddometer:
    I tried a sheepskin and it didn't help much at all. I've heard the key to an Airhawk is just to put enough air in to raise your butt up off the seat just a tad. Currently using one on my 250DP with good enough results that I'll probably get one for the S10 unless I can find a seat worth the $400 or so it will cost.
  17. cosmic

cosmic Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I had a nice conversation with one "seat magician" here in CRO. Guy is re-building seats from ground zero in two days time. He already did a few GS ADV, and the owners where amazed. That made me think, cause i ride GS ADV a lot and the stock seat is just perfect. I decided to contact the guy to see what is all the fuzz about. Anyway, i have to drive 400km up north to make a perfect custom shaped seat (front/aft) bazed on my weight, size and seating positions. I could also send my seats, but he never did the tenere's seat, and i preffer to have it perfect. I guess i'll keep the enduro style seat opposed to some more "low rider" style. I was thinking something like TT seats. The best part of it is the price. I'll get the complete custom job for 200€!

Here are some pics....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

©
  18. sylwester

sylwester Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Is there a problem with the purchase of a single spokes to XT1200Z?
    I wrote on this subject for Yamaha EU NE and nothing .....
    In the Balkans, one broken spoke, and now it turns out that I have to buy the whole set!
    Is damaged right but-ton (rubber) to meter-panel.
    I need to buy a whole panel for a rubber ..,
  19. pluric

pluric Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I still have some used ones (rear) from my rim replacement. If you PM me
    an address I can send you a couple. Someone else in Poland asked for some
    before too. What are you guys doing over there???:wink:
  20. pluric

pluric Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I ran into the AirHawk distributers on a ride once. They adjusted mine to the level you suggested
    and I tried it. Didn't work for me. I run it high and the "squishy" feeling goes unnoticed after a little
    while. I actually kinda like it in corners. It lets you roll a little from side to side without actually
    moving on the seat.