Global Wild Card Tag

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by Stagehand, Jan 26, 2010.

1. ssm

ssm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Absolutely........tag on.
  2. Flashback

Flashback Mommys Lil Monster

Oddometer:
    Great. New Tag...Give me something named after an island or country in the Caribbean.

[​IMG]
  3. AllBlackPearl

AllBlackPearl I'm normal.

Oddometer:
    You guys never sleep, hu? :norton
    I will be out for a little ride in a few minutes to grab some passes for the "passes challenge". Weather's not too great today, though.
    I'll try to find some Caribbean stuff. Can't think of anything right now, but we will see.
  4. hoodoo

hoodoo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Will this work? Unfortunately, I did not realize until I got there that they had closed down.

[​IMG]
  5. Flashback

Oddometer:
    That one's on the fence and I'm going to have to say that while it was a valiant effort it's just not gonna cut it.

I was kind of hoping for something with a proper name such "Jamaica Grill" or "St Thomas Aquinas Church". You get the idea. Something sharing a name with the name of an island or country in the Caribbean.
  6. hoodoo

hoodoo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No prob. I thought it was named something else. I have a line on something else if the weather holds and no one beats me to it! :D
  7. AllBlackPearl

Oddometer:
    Two days I have been searching for anything Caribbean. Nothing, I found nothing! No Bar, Club, Pub, Restaurant, Disco or anything the like. Unbelievable.
    I was looking for streets, places, churches etc., especially by the name of St-Martin. I thought that would be easy. Nope.
    Google gave me one church St-Martin in the middle of nowhere on the way to Italy. Rode there today - and its name was St-Etienne.... :eek1
    Well, on the way back I incidentally drove by a travel agency and found that:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I know that is not really cool and I wouldn't mind if you didn't accept it. It was all I could get, though. :dunno

Cheers! :freaky
  8. Flashback

Oddometer:
    Well it is all about the ride and you did at least get an island/country name in the tag. Way to tag out outside the box. The grab is yours. :thumb

Now if my government would just lift the trade embargo we have against Cuba I could go have a nice vacation there too.

Speaking of Cuba -> are there any players in this game that live there?
  9. AllBlackPearl

Oddometer:
    Yeah, the rides were good! Went up to 1400m, quite a bit of snow up there. :wink:
    Today I had to face heavy wind.. trying to stay on the bike, keep the bike on the road and not to be hit by anything that was flying around... :D
    But it was a decent ride, good fun.

There are not many players in this game actually. The protagonists are from NZ, Aussie and the US. I think I am the only one holding up a European flag. :freaky
    Would be great if the game became even more international, though.

Anyway, here is the new tag:

[​IMG]

A sign/poster/advertisment.... that reminds drivers to pay attention on the road.

This particular one is quite popular in Switzerland and part of a big campaign (called "slow 'n' easy") that is funded by insurances, politics and other traffic-related organisations. It was started in 2009 and will last until end of 2011.
    There are posters, stickers, video-clips, TV-spots, a huge web presence etc.
    The aim is to reduce the number of accidents due to speeding etc. in the target group of young drivers.
    The Jesus-angel-Jim Morrison-guy is pretty cool indeed. :lol3

Cheers and good night from over here. :1drink
  10. eepeqez

eepeqez Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ahem!
    Not one, but three European flags!

:deal

We have a quite extensive and very successful road safety advertising program here, generally with specific messages to each ad, speed, drink driving, seatbelts, mobile phones, helmets, etc. Does it need to be a poster specifically about paying attention, or would one of the other themes suit?

I'm currently far from home with my boat instead of my bike, so its going to be a couple of days before I can chase one down anyway btw.
  11. AllBlackPearl

Oddometer:
    Who are the others then? And where? :huh
    At least I can't remember anyone...

Well, "paying attention" is a very broad thing, right? :D
    Of course, any of those would be fine. A message especially aiming at motorcycle riders would give extra points! :wink:
  12. NC-Okie

NC-Okie Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Yea!! My second global tag!!

Just north of Pittsboro, North Carolina, good old USA!!
  13. AllBlackPearl

Oddometer:
    Grab's yours. :clap
    That is a nice one - yeah, we are everywhere. Beware! :D

Tag on!

And again - 90% of my thoughts are in Japan. :(:
    I was not really productive at work today, because I can't concentrate... We have people from all over the world working here, including lits of Japanese and discussions about nuclear power, mother nature etc. are going on everywhere...
    Sorry for the off-topic...
  14. NC-Okie

NC-Okie Long timer

Oddometer:
    14 March 2011 Global Tag

Tag shot Veterans Memorial

[​IMG]

It seems most towns and cities here in the United States have small Veterans Memorials honoring the men and women that gave the ultimate sacrifice for their country.

Additional Pictures

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One more

[​IMG]

Please leave politics out of it and just take a moment and remember the men and woman the died protecting your country.
  15. AllBlackPearl

Oddometer:
    I will leave any political or other comment out for sure - BUT we had that Tag at least once before. I think even more than once.

Whatever. I will be out for this one again, 'cause we don't have anything like that over here.
    Grab it quickly, please...
  16. ssm

ssm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The veterans get a whole park around here...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This okay?
  17. NC-Okie

NC-Okie Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great grab SSM!!!!!
  18. ssm

ssm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    New tag......a cheese shop

[​IMG]

In honor of St. Patrick's Day, I picked up some Irish cheese while I was there.

[​IMG]

In case anyone was curious, The upper left is Coolea cheese, upper right is Cahill Porter ( made with Guinness) and on the bottom is Ardrahan cheese.
  19. AllBlackPearl

Oddometer:
    Cheese! :D
    I guess I am obliged to grab this one, am I not? :lol3:lol3

Well then, here it is, taken 10 minutes ago in Monthey, the next "bigger" "town" (~4000 inhabitants I think).
    That is a very nice little cheese store with a variety of mainly Swiss cheeses ("fromage = cheese). Great stuff. Of course now it was closed. Shops close at 18h30 over here. :deal
    (Sorry for the quality, my old little camera doesn't like to take photos in the dark...)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As I assume that this grab is OK and as I want you to have a chance to play on, while I go to bed :D, here is the new tag:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I want you to find a sign (or anything close to that) with the number 13 in it!

The photo is taken in front of a club that goes by the name of "13 stars club" (in French Club 13 étoiles).
    The 13 stars are the major part of the coat of arms of the "Canton du Valais":

[​IMG]

The "cantons" are the 26 federal states of Switzerland.
    The 13 stars in the coat of arms of Valais stand for its 13 districts.

If you wanna learn more, ask me :D or have a look at the webpage of Valais: http://www.valais.ch/en/

Cheers! :freaky
  20. AllBlackPearl

Oddometer:
    Looks and sounds delicious! :dg