The BMW HP2 Megamoto thread.

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by Joe Bar, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Macroenie

Macroenie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Depends, if you can ride at a steady pace fuel consumption will be very decent.
    If have taken alot of boring trips to work on which I managed to do 46mls/gallon while travelling at 65-80mph.
    Never gotten it under 42mls/gallon though with spirited riding but then again I don't have that many twisties in my neighbourhood so ymmv.
  2. hankgs

hankgs Long timer

Oddometer:
    So I went for another awesome ride, come back home and park the MM next to the GSA in tight quarters... Had to dismount on the right (non-kickstand side) and the bike starts leaning and leaning until we, the bike and the rider, are pinned against my parked bicycles... I hear a CRACK...!
    S H I T!!! :cry:cry:cry the right front plastic molding now has a hole in it. Does anyone have any spare parts? suggestions???
    [​IMG]
  3. ViperJustin

ViperJustin Retired HH60G Gunner

Oddometer:
  4. hankgs

hankgs Long timer

Oddometer:
    Justin, I don't think that would work for the mm...different faring (headlight surround) set up than the Enduro too... Thanks though!
  5. GSMarc

GSMarc Long timer

Oddometer:
    I remember having seen HP2E parts on a MM :

Should fit perfectly but will cost more $$$ to go for CF panels.

I'm waiting my HP2E CF parts in a few days, I will try if interested.

Sometimes on Ebay you can find a panel but not very often.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. szazbo

szazbo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Hank. I have some carbon fiber panels that I am selling. They are new, but will take some finish work, ie painting. I bought them new, paid a bunch and then bought a HP2 Sport. Still have the MM. My idea was to copy one of these cool paint jobs like GSMarc or HP2 Saucy and leave the center clear coated carbon and white around the edges.. I got them without paint.. Let me know if these interest you. The stock panels are over $500 each.
    Eric
  7. Maineroads

Maineroads Ridgerunner

Oddometer:
    Hey, that's my old ride! Anyone know of any MM for sale? I miss mine and I am looking for a bike.
  8. hankgs

hankgs Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Eric, sent you a PM...
  9. Rat Patrol

Rat Patrol Accelerate Adventure

Oddometer:

Cheers! Bay Area.

Also: R80G/S + 30YearsGS Adventure
  10. Rat Patrol

Oddometer:
    HP2 Megamoto that is... Let's ride - from the Bay Area (Marin)!
  11. Paulvt1

Paulvt1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey Marc - that bike of yours is wonderful. One seriously good looking machine..
  12. Rat Patrol

Oddometer:
    Any HP2 Megamoto owners in the Bay Area?
  13. fixinbones

fixinbones Tarmac Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Me too Maine roads.
  14. ViperJustin

Oddometer:
    I'm glad you guys talked me out of selling my MegaMoto. I'm "reborn" again with my bike. And now I'm planning a Memorial Day PCH tour. I'll do my best to include a Ride Report in the "Day Trippin'" section.
  15. hankgs

hankgs Long timer

Oddometer:
    Justin, I will try to get Eric, from San Diego to meet up when you get up to LA... A Megamoto parade!
  16. ViperJustin

Oddometer:
    I'll keep you guys up to date. As of now, I'm going to be riding straight across the 210 (from the 101) to catch I15. My last day is basically from Santa Barbara back to Vegas. Unfortunately, I'm on a tight schedule. But we will see...
  17. Rat Patrol

Oddometer:
    Really amazing motorcycle the HP2MM is! It is an honor to own one of these rare bikes - had the HP2S and like this way better - way more usable and fun. Just ordered Dunlop D616 tires and cannot wait to try them. Live in the bay area and love short 50-100 miles runs with an occasional dirt road, shortcut or simply unpaved parking lot (like looong rides too). Anyone up for a local HP2 ride?Also ride an R80G/S and '10 ADV - ride in all conditions.

Does anyone here name their bikes? Im thinking "Cyclops" or "Megaton" or "Tron" for mine - for the way it looks from the front. Jury's out on the name...need to ride ride ride more...get more acquainted...so to speak.

Love this moto! Daily commuter.

18. hankgs

hankgs Long timer

Oddometer:
    UPDATE...Plastics ARE repairable! I Krazy glued the five splintered pieces back into the panel and took it to a body shop where he reinforced the glue job with epoxy and netting on the back. He then smoothed out the "cracks" on the panel and reshot it. Turned out pretty damn good!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  19. Rangy

Rangy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    A couple of months ago I low sided my megamoto on the track - am just getting time to post about it.
    Still not sure exactly why. I had noticed some slip around the same corner and had lowered the tire pressure a bit.
    I have tried to embed the video without success, but you can see the youtube clip if you google "trackbmmm 20/10/12".
    As you can see I was doing about 150kph and got away without too much damage. I tore a ligament in my shoulder which is now almost healed. I was wearing a Motoport GP1 suit which did the job of protecting me. I'm still working on the bike - it slid backwards into a tirewall so the rear end sustained most of the damage. The subframe bent badly and I have replaced that with a steel one which is cheaper and stronger from www.archimedebikes.com and also got a rear carrier from him as well (all made very well). The carbon fibre cylinder head guard took most of the wear as the bike just slid on one side, so have replaced those with the BMW ones. The exhaust is scratched a little but will keep it for now. Replaced the handlebar which was bent and a few lights. The rear rim is bent sideways so have a guy still working on that - otherwise may look at getting a forged one - anyone have any experience of these? Have had the bike out for a ride and it tracks ok, but the seat is slightly off center so think the rear mainframe is bent slightly, so that is my next job. There are no obvious signs that the frame is compromised but will have a good look at that, and may look at getting another bike for the track.:D Looking forward to getting it back on the road as I'm missing good ride weather here in Tasmania, Australia.
  20. hankgs

hankgs Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well, I guess you now have a "dedicated" track bike! Hard to tell wtf happened out there, but I am glad you walked away...Post some pics of the post accident bike and its reconstruction process.
    G'day!