Hyper Motard Check In

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by conlysm, Jun 11, 2010.

1. steveWFL

steveWFL Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just sayin' hi. A lovely friends bike, my photography

[​IMG]
  2. Surfdog

Surfdog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :clap Hey... I got one of those... 08 and love it. many mods made.

rear subframe painted black, Bar swap, rizoma front blinkers, MWR airbox mod, PC V, DP Cams, DP ECU, Termis, butterfly & cat removed and latest thing is removed rear peg /heel guards removed, custom one made.
  3. SSDMR2300

SSDMR2300 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    i wouldn't be too worried about problems with these things, i put 30k on my first hyper and 15k on my current one, the only thing to ever go wrong was the slave cylinder leaked on the first one and warranty replaced it
  4. talltimber

talltimber Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Howdy All,

Long time lurker here with an 08 Hm1100

Mine looks pretty original but on closer inspection you'll find Waspworks velocity stacks, reflashed ECU, k&n Pod Filters, PCIII, Tag Metals bars, pazzo levers.

Exhaust is next on the list then hopefully I'll add a 990 adventure to the stable. (I ride dirt roads on the hyper and it feels some what sacrilegious).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. sfarson

sfarson On a Ride

Oddometer:
    From today's blast.

[​IMG]
  6. dbmike

dbmike n00b

Oddometer:
    re; 796 reliability,...I have 13K on my 2010. Only hitch has been an oil leak from the horizontal cylinder head. Warranty repaired it. Went to a maint seminar and did the 7500 mile valve, belt adjust myself.

52-53 mpg and routinely run to 165 per tank when commuting.

1st time Duc owner. Good experience thus far.

Mike
  7. Tom S

Tom S Can I ride it?

Oddometer:
    So, how are those Conti Road Attack tires workin’ out for ya? Still like ‘em? Are they holdin’ up mileage wise?

I’ve seen wildly different reports from people on those. Some complain that they square off in the center way too soon & wear out too soon. Others report that they lasted a long time like I told you that mine did.
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15864751&postcount=79

I just got a Conti Road Attack2GT rear tire mounted on my Hyper EVO SP yesterday. Not necessary what I wanted, but it was here & my original tire was at the cords at 4000 miles. That more miles than I expected from that tire. Still with no wear bars it kind of caught me out. I should have already had a tire in hand. :shog
    The guy that sold & mounted the Attack2GT kept saying it was just an ‘Attack’. That’s what it says on the tread.
    He also kept saying it was a “sport bike tire”. Turned out not to be the case. Not much written about these Attack2GTs, must be something new.
    Cost me $255 + $42 mount & dyna-beads. :eek1
    http://canyonchasers.net/reviews/tires/road-attack2.php
  8. Pork Butt

Pork Butt Save the USA

Oddometer:
    I'm not sure how many variations they make but I am running Road Attack 2s this is my third set and they are pretty good. I get over 2,000 miles ridding hard prolly more if I was sport touring. Back in September 2011 I road most of the BRP then down to The old TWO camp ground in GA and back home to VA but I do not know the miles. Full of camping gear for a week the rear was shot when I got home.

PB
  9. ADV8

ADV8 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Being a 2007 model it was ready for a going over.
    The old bus has come up looking pretty good with new tyres/tires (Pilot Pures) and a new chain and sprockets (15/44)
    One thing noticed if small stones collect in the swing arm dish the lower shock mount sits in they can fret away at the shock end.
    The search is on for a repacking kit for the Termignoni.?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. cms81586

cms81586 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Checking in. New (to me) 08 Hyper 1100 S.

Termignoni Slip-ons with Ducati Performance (DP) 2-1 ECU
    Power Commander V with Custom Map
    Carbon.de Windscreen
    DP Rear Fender
    Scotts Steering Damper
    DP Handlebar Bag
    DP Performance Seat
    DDM HID Kit with hi and low beam
    R&G Fender Eliminator
    CFM/Woodcraft Adjustable Rearsets

Crappy cell pictures but they'll do for now. The previous owner took real good care of it and I plan on doing the same. Waiting on CA Cycleworks to release their "midsize" fuel tank and that'll get added.

CMS

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  11. NateLePain

NateLePain The Illegitimate Painter

Oddometer:
    Do you have a link or would care to explain what a maintenance seminar is about?

Thx... nlp
  12. cms81586

Oddometer:
    New countershaft sprocket going on this weekend. I'm loving the Tard more every day.

[​IMG]
  13. optimum_malarky

optimum_malarky Premium nonsense

Oddometer:
    How many of you feel like it has been worth it to own a 1100s versus the standard 1100? There are always standards for sale locally, but very few s models. Is this because the s model is so much better? Also, what are the advantages to a newer motard versus an early model? Were there significant changes?

I am eyeing the Duc as a different, round town and local backroad fun bike. I like the idea of just whaling on the machine, whereas the hp of the SV1000 means illegal speeds are right where the fun begins...

Thoughts or comments?
  14. BCC

BCC I know better

Oddometer:
    I have an early s. I was going to use it also as my next occasional track bike and felt the suspension, brake and rim upgrades were worth it.

It turns out, I've never taken it to the track. In fact, it's my rip around for a couple of hours at a time, bike.

Even though I consider myself an adequate rider, imo the s makes no material difference on the street at all, compared to the standard hyper, unless you drag a knee, which I wouldn't do, with cars, curbs and poles nearby.

Still. It's more pretty.

So yeah, I'd get an s again.

[​IMG]
  15. Carter Pewterschmidt

Carter Pewterschmidt Long timer

Oddometer:
    Most fun I've ever had on a motorcycle. Period. I'm a city rider and I thought it was perfect.

I rode a 2008 1100S and a 2010 1100 EVO base. The S model rode a bit better and it changed direction quicker. I'm suspecting due to top shelf suspension and the forged wheels.

The 2010 was the first year for the EVO where they upgraded the engine a few HP and made the bike a few pounds lighter. You could feel the engine difference, since they put a lighter flywheel in it. It revved up much quicker but as with any light weight flywheel you had ride the clutch more to keep it from stalling. I could give or take the light fly wheel effect. Didn't feel much faster or lighter than the old one though. Seat was better on the EVO and the gauge display was easier to read.

Other than the flywheel of the newer bike and the forged wheels of the old one, a bloke like me can't tell much of a difference. You might notice the difference on a track but I wouldn't let it sway my decision.

If I got one I'd probably go for an 08 1100S because I like that it comes with forged wheels and in black it's the best looking Hyper. :thumb
  16. cms81586

Oddometer:

Which clutch plate and cover would those be...looks great!!!
  17. wncstrada

wncstrada Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    New owner checking in. I've wanted a Hyper since they first came out. I think that it's one of the best looking bikes Ducati has put out. I see the bike as a great all rouund - do almost anything bike. On top of that, we've got a great dealer here in Asheville. With my impeccable sense of timing, I've just found a used 2011 796 (just as Ducati revamps the Hypermotard line). I'm really impressed with the HyperExplorer project that Ducati of Bellevue did last year, and hope to mod my bike in that direction.
    [​IMG]
  18. DLFLHT

DLFLHT I'm a little fuzzy

Oddometer:
    I've always like the Hypermotards - test rode one, but never bought one. The new one may change that - I really like it. I've got it for my wallpaper and I might not be able to resist this time.
  19. jerdog53

jerdog53 Crop Dusting Everywhere

Oddometer:

Freekin love that picture! :clap
  20. twowheelflyer

twowheelflyer n00b

Oddometer:
    Just got back from Bologna where I attended the '13 Hyper family product training. We did get to do a short ride on the base model Hypermotard and I must say that this new bike is very impressive. The best thing was the throttle to rear wheel connection. The ride by wire system is a true wonderment. I stayed in the urban mode because it had snowed recently and our ride was on wet , sometimes muddy streets with snow on the sides of the road. It is important not to put bikes on the ground during a factory ride! The new 11 degree motor is a sweetheart, full stop. Great revablity and a fantasic snarl. I sampled it back to back with a 1100 sp and really felt a difference in the two frames. I really liked the initial impression of the front end feel on the new Hyper. The 1100 felt more "tucky". Of course this was far from ideal conditions and no where near what could be concluded on a warmer, dryer day. Also noticed the extra tourque of the 1100 and really missed the ability to change modes. I had to concentrate harder when opening the throttle on the 1100. Really excited about riding it more in March.
    I know people will put more agressive tires on the Hyperstrada and use it for ADVing. I just wish it had a half gallon more fuel. I think it should go 180 miles with a gentle wrist.We did not ride the Hyperstrada or the SP.
    Hell yes I want one...