Boise ride this weekend...

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by ryanwilliamcantrell, Oct 17, 2007.

1. daxm

daxm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What!!! No big bike anymore! Hmm... I guess I can't be your friend anymore. :rofl Okay, I'm over it. What about Aug 2-4?

Idahosam, You know this area better than I. Considering that most of the trail is just following the stream bed up the mountain I'm concerned with going too early. Can you do the first weekend of Aug? (Aug 2,3,4 area).

I don't know if we need a double overnighter if anyone is tight on time. I figure either I'll get to the top or not on one day and be too pooped to try it again. Last time I tried Silverspurs had to wait 30 minutes for me to catch my breath before we continued our trip.

I'll setup a motoidaho.com event once we dial in the date. :norton

Oh, and you small member (oops I mean bike) riders. You can come too. Feel free to laugh heartily as my fat ass tries to ride a big bike places neither should go. :wink:
  2. Xylx

Xylx Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Last week when I was lying on a rock in Moab with my DRZ on top of me I was thinking, maybe it's time to get a TW200. I know a guy who is not the most skilled rider, but got one up the Kane Creek trail in Moab. Speaks volumes about those bikes. I see low mileage TWs on Craigslist in Boise fairly often.
  3. Idahosam

Idahosam Set Adrift

Oddometer:
    Hey Daxm, I wish but as it stands right now I am scheduled to be at the "Rally in the Gorge" that weekend.
  4. daxm

daxm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Then July 20th it is! :-)

I'll post a ride over at motoidaho.com

Bear in mind I'm not the most organized person so consider this ride a "choose your own adventure" type of ride.
  5. silverspurs

silverspurs why?

Oddometer:
    I believe Jason is drinking the Orange Kool-aid these days!! :wings
  6. Idahosam

Idahosam Set Adrift

Oddometer:
    Isn't that the best kind? :D Now if you can only get Jason on his new 500 to join in... get to work.
  7. daxm

daxm Been here awhile

Oddometer:

You can sign up here: http://www.motoidaho.org/node/1592
  8. daxm

daxm Been here awhile

Oddometer:

I just realized that July 20th is in the middle of the BMW National Rally being hosted in Salem, OR. Is this an issue for anyone? I certainly don't want to have people miss out when we can easily rearrange this ride to another date.

(Scheduling stuff is such a pain in the ass.) :pain
  9. tvbh40a

tvbh40a PSUViking

Oddometer:
    Idaho home of the fiesta bowl champ BSU bronco's
    This years snow pack is down. Wanna do it before the fires. 7-12-13?
  10. Idahosam

Idahosam Set Adrift

Oddometer:
    :huh...........:patch.........:scratch?????????
  11. tvbh40a

tvbh40a PSUViking

Oddometer:
    Idaho home of the fiesta bowl champ BSU bronco's
    Sam you know when I meant. Fixed it.
  12. silverspurs

silverspurs why?

Oddometer:
    The 2013 IAMC Challenge is ready for sign up over on http://www.motoidaho.com/

If you havn't participated in this before, you ought to check it out, it's a lot of fun and gives you some motivation to "get out there" and see some country...

Idaho Sam has a ride posted there for this weekend that will include some of the Challenge sites and looks like it will be a GREAT ride!! link here:

http://www.motoidaho.com/node/1533

ED says they are printing the shirts and bandanas right now and they ought to be ready by this weekend...

The challenge is a little more "big bike" friendly this year and takes in historical sites in Idaho, Utah, Montana and Oregon...

See ya out there!!
  13. MingRidesBikes

MingRidesBikes Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've been contemplating joining for a while now and am excited to join everyone this year! Also glad to hear "The challenge is a little more "big bike" friendly this year and takes in historical sites in Idaho, Utah, Montana and Oregon..." as I sold the KLR and have the Capo now. She's kinda chunky, shhh... :lol3
  14. silverspurs

silverspurs why?

Oddometer:
    Be ready to have some fun!:D... the folks who have visited all of the challenge sites in years past have averaged around 4500 miles to get them all in... usually about 1/2 to 2/3rds of those miles on dirt. probably a littles less than 1/2 on dirt this year, but in some really great areas... We'll see you out there!
  15. rockhopjohn

rockhopjohn I LOVE Orogenies

Oddometer:
    I had to leave to come back out to ND for work about two days after the Challenge got posted. I was tempted to go down to Happy trails and wrestle a bandana away from Ed and hit a few sites before I left. Can't wait to get back and start knocking them out. Got to get some miles on this Tiger, and it seems like this is a perfect year for a bike that size.
  16. ryanwilliamcantrell

ryanwilliamcantrell Get Out and Ride!!

Oddometer:
    Thanks, Sam, for putting together another good Poker Run last weekend. :clap

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Clint & I enjoyed running sweep most of the day, taking in the wildflowers and enjoying the sunshine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Burt let me roll on his Strom for the day. :wings:super

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  17. Jason Abbott

Jason Abbott Long time Idaho rider

Oddometer:
    Dang, sorry I missed the Poker Run. Boy Hunter and I rode Hemingway yesterday. I haven't been there since before he was born. It's a good place to dink around and hone some skills. I'm wishing now we hadn't got the auto-clutch for him. Nonetheless, we both caught a little air. :D

<iframe width="960" height="720" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JOj-VBOo_aA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  18. liv2rydktms

liv2rydktms Long timer

Oddometer:
    Are home safe and the bikes are unpacked. Thanks Sam for a great ride. :clap
  19. Idahosam

Idahosam Set Adrift

Oddometer:
    Great! I just arrived myself, need a shower now you guys missed the breaking snow drift exercise today :D.

Thanks Steep and Rocky, Shutterman, EWood, WURTY and the noob guy Buststrucks??

Later,,
  20. effensteve

effensteve Enjoying the ride

Oddometer:
    So, Trailrider says, hey I wanna try something I've been reading about :deal So I say ok sure whatever. So we load up the bikes and head out into the desert. I'm a little nervous.

well, here I managed a picture

[​IMG]