World of Tanks

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by OConnor, Jan 29, 2012.

1. UngaWunga

UngaWunga Mosquito bait

Oddometer:
    Not playing anymore until they add new maps. Done.
  2. Mambo Danny

Mambo Danny I cannot abide.

Oddometer:
    frecks is right, it is now the F2 button.

BUT... it used tobe the "T" key, so many of us have re-mapped the "T" key to what the F2 key initiates. This, in a lot of our experiences, is so much easier to hit while working the controls with the left hand. It's a fine motor skill, now, where the longer reach for the F2 key would be a stretch for most people's hands / fingers while driving a tank around. Arty, of course, may be a little more relaxed, but I leave my left hand on those driving keys even when playing arty anyway.
  3. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    I changed my driving keys to the arrows. I can't drive using letters because I don't spell very well.
  4. vwboomer

vwboomer Buffoon

Oddometer:
    1 battle away from my ST1.

I regret my learning curve and how shallow it was :evil

I started out buying new crews for each tank.
    and apparently I can research a tank but not buy it, and still get xp towards the next tank? if I had that bit of information, I wouldnt' have racked up 180k xp in my IS3 while on the fence about buying the next one.

:dunno

Sadly, when I get my ST1 I probably will have to run my T34 for awhile to make some money :rofl
  5. frecks

frecks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ahh, so this is why Darwinism will now favor the evolutionary trait of having long fingers. My ability to reach the F2 key with ease in a virtual tank warfare game shall lead to my eventual world domination. :lol3:freaky
  6. vwboomer

vwboomer Buffoon

Oddometer:

plus, it's a real lady pleaser :poser
  7. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    You weren't even there for the conversation after the 3 hour when a female at our table was talking about using her fingers for less nefarious purposes. I says "hold you fingers up once" ok, then I held my fingers to hers. You shoulda seen her jaw drop. Priceless.:rofl
  8. frecks

frecks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was wondering if I would see a response like this. You have not failed me.:beer
  9. Big Bird 928

Big Bird 928 Long timer

Oddometer:
    well, this morning I played a few games, surprisingly enough I had a 60% win rate even though I was using my Matilda BP for alot of it.
  10. janeuner

janeuner Get Some

Oddometer:
    That's pretty sweet! I guess we won't be seeing ya on FYYFF teamspeak much anymore.

BTW, have the UK or China releases provided new flavor-of-the-month tanks for clan wars?
  11. Smithy

Smithy Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer:
    Need one of you "modified" doods to look at my superpershing efficiency, it feels like I've had a good run lately.
  12. Mambo Danny

Mambo Danny I cannot abide.

Oddometer:
    :pynd That's funny!

I haven't been seeing it, but then the Chinese were only out about a week or so before clan wars was shut down I think. It's currently shut down while we await the new maps or territories for clan wars... and then for the first American territory battles we're all using tier 3 tanks by the looks of it.

I'll report back if things change. Supposedly the Chinese mediums should have a higher Alpha damage shot if I understand them correctly... so that may be one point in their favor?

Across quite a few clans, though, the trend is still the Russian T-62 as the primary medium unless, or in addition to, Bat Chats being desired. Even the new clan I'm probably joining only will use one M-48 Patton, if that, for its view range capabilities. So... not a tank I really want just yet.
  13. Smithy

Smithy Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer:
    Nevermind, I'm sucking again.
  14. janeuner

janeuner Get Some

Oddometer:
    That gets traded for inferior DPM and maneuverability. Which surprises me. So far, all the Chinese tanks I've seen in pubs have failed to impress...

I still haven't had to fight a T10 Brit medium. Those things look incredibly maneuverable, at least on paper.

Good to know - I'm at or near tier 9 on all three of those trees.
  15. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    I really don't understand why people don't like to play against the Type 59.......

:deal :lol3

[​IMG]
  16. AKjeff

AKjeff Long timer

Oddometer:
    There's something about the aggression and rage expended by ramming an enemy tank that I find satisfying.
    Most of the time I take too much damage though, I'm trying to wean myself off of it.
  17. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    You have to pick your opportunities.....only ram tanks smaller than yours. Yes, this is the one time in life where it is permissible to pick on the little kids. :deal
  18. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    Controlled Impact for the driver and spall liner. Look for tanks with 30% or less health too. Or, if your on a bridge and can drop on someone, that makes for non-stop giggling. Even if you die in the process.

I tried to ram a T50 in the SU26. I guess I didn't build up enough speed. Also with the nerf, I can't depress the gun enough to give them an in-your-face-shot anymore. The SU26 is kinda sucking now.

The M40/43 is still pretty good. 2 battles last night and I got the most kills on my team. 2:huh
  19. vwboomer

vwboomer Buffoon

Oddometer:
    anyone else getting tremendous lag since the update, despite the ping showing good?
  20. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    Mine's been like that since 8.0:deal