VFR Thread, How many of us have 'em?

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by Chad_NC, Feb 5, 2009.

1. RedRocket

RedRocket Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer:
    VFR for the power mad.

http://www.aaperf.com/

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HDCgwyY4yOY&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HDCgwyY4yOY&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
  2. Blakebird

Blakebird r - u - n - n - o - f - t

Oddometer:
    wow....the VFR goes back a ways, like before digital cameras :D

Have always loved two generations of the VFR - the '90-'93 (with the white '93 being my favorite), and the '98-'00. I had my '93 when I lived in Las Vegas after it replaced my FXR-S. My two good riding buddies had VFR's as well - another '93 and a '91. The '91 owner also had an Erion-built Stage II RC-30 (that he wishes he'd never sold).
    Another Vegas riding buddy has a yellow 2000 that has done some tremendous trips with us.

[​IMG]
  3. wfobusa

wfobusa Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I took my new 07 down to Key West and back up through Daytona this week. I got 45 mpg even with the hardbags and using the Florida 10% ethonal gas. I'm good with the stock ergos and stock pipes are fine with me as well. Daytona was overrun with idiots and I made a stop at the raceway and watched the superbike practice session. There were only a handful of people in the stadium and admission was only 15 bucks.. I saw Larry Pegram top out his factory Ducati at 199.4 mph and Tommy Hayden was lapping quicker than anyone !! Some incredible sounds coming from those superbikes in that speedway.. I made 1 pass through Daytona and it was a fiasco..very loud and too crowded for me..but interesting to observe for a couple of hours..the best part was that everyone was having fun and you'd never suspect our economy has a problem..everybody spending..:clap
    [​IMG]
    TonyKZ1 likes this.
  4. kbasa

kbasa big big energy

Oddometer:
    Full side panels are only a couple hundred bucks and they include the stickers.

I've got a slightly scratched one I'll sell for a lot less than that. It's a 98.

/end shameless mercernary activity.
  5. kawalaser

kawalaser Hip to be square

Oddometer:
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WslgcoT3nd0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WslgcoT3nd0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
  6. kawalaser

Oddometer:
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iA__4A7Jl30&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iA__4A7Jl30&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
  7. kawalaser

Oddometer:

Sigor ros hahaha +10000 :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap
  8. Velocipede

Velocipede Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    After many years lusting afte one I finally bought a White 93 with 13,000 Km's last year.It works as well as I'd hoped for.Some maintainance can be a bit of a pain,changing the oil filter needs the removal of way too much fairing stuff.Having said that however I suppose it will get easier the more times I do it.
    Does the instalation of HeliBars mean that new longer cables etc will be needed?
    If anyone here knows of a set of hard bags and mounting hardware I'd be gratefull for a heads up and if anyone knows of a seat cowl that can be had I would be even more gratefull.
    Finally,given the response shown so far I do think that a dedicated VFR thread is more than justified.
    John
  9. viajero

viajero Too old to be a nOOb

Oddometer:
    ...if not overdue.

I've had plenty of "adventures" on my VFRs over the ~155,000 miles ridden on the two. Even some off-pavement ones.:eek1
  10. bmccarthy

bmccarthy wrinkles

Oddometer:
    Me too. 1998 Will never sell it.:D
  11. Rex Nemo

Rex Nemo horizon calling

Oddometer:
    I've got a red '98 that I inherited from my father after he passed away at the end of '06 with something like 6k miles on it. Brilliant bike. I've taken it from Northern California out to Colorado and Montana and it did beautifully. I even use it as a platform these days for my occasional field biology gigs.

[​IMG]
    TonyKZ1 likes this.
  12. ggrjr

ggrjr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here is mine. 93 with 40,000 miles. It shares gagrage space with my 05 Vstrom 1000.
    From my first road trip.
    [​IMG]
    At work.
    [​IMG]
    With it's sibling.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    TonyKZ1 likes this.
  13. mvg2

mvg2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wow! Bag all the other generations. They can't touch generation vfr.

That 93 is absolutely beautiful! If i had the cash and for a second bike and a 93 (in white no less) popped up i would scoop it up without even realizing what happened. Very nice!!
  14. ggrjr

ggrjr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Even though I ride the Stom more, if I could only keep one, it would be the VFR. How many other bikes, can you tour on and still do track days.. I rode it to Atlanta ( about 380 miles), campd out, did a track day, and rode home. I have had it since 2000.
  15. KTMmiker

KTMmiker Moto Junkie

Oddometer:
    Sad ass economy forcing me to list my unmolested 5th gen in the Flea Market section. She's a sweety and no better road going partner have I ever had.:cry
  16. scoon66

scoon66 Who is the Coon?

Oddometer:
    A couple of shots of SVader's ADViffer.

[​IMG]

And my Strom.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Destination Riding:D
    [​IMG]
    TonyKZ1 likes this.
  17. Chad_NC

Chad_NC Long timer

Oddometer:
    I love all the different pics of the different kinds of Viffers on here. When I started the thread I never thought there would be such a variety of them, along with other bikes. Keep em coming guys!!
  18. bitemeback

bitemeback electriceel125

Oddometer:
    This is on my soon to purchase list (summer sometime, college sucks for avalible cash). I have been dieing for one since I killed my SV. I think this is the bike for me because I rack up the miles. 20,000 in 9months on the SV so I want something that can go the distance.
  19. Paulvt1

Paulvt1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I hope to post some photos this time next year on my new VFR 1200...

I wish.
  20. Dr. Horrible

Dr. Horrible easy to make

Oddometer:
    +1. After ten years and more than 100,000 miles together, my '95 VFR and I began to show irreparable signs of wear at about the same time. I would love to have replaced my old bike with a minty Gen V model, but my injured and arthritic bones dictated otherwise. Raised bars and lowered pegs are no longer enough to make these great bikes a viable option for me. There are many reasons to rue the ageing process, and keeping a VFR out of my garage is foremost among them.