Classic Guzzi Pics??

Discussion in 'Old's Cool' started by Rathlindri, Aug 26, 2008.

1. sjc56

sjc56 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I met him at motorcyclepedia in New York he was on his way to that race.
  2. danedg

danedg Horizontally Opposed

Oddometer:
    [​IMG][/QUOTE]:freaky
  3. fritzcoinc

fritzcoinc Enjoying my last V8 Supporter

Oddometer:
    My old V7 Sport, about 1980.
    [​IMG]
  4. nick949eldo

nick949eldo Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yep - and some knob welded them on to the stubs. When they are working well, they are fine, but I find them temperamental and inclined to leak.

I'm thinking of cutting them off, getting something more recent and having a single carb setup made up. One of my many 'might do that's' for this winter.

Nick

[​IMG]
  5. mtiberio

mtiberio Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have a Sonny Angel 2:1 manifold made for a guzzi I'd let go for cost. I paid $200 for it, but I have decided to go in another direction.

[​IMG]
  6. nick949eldo

nick949eldo Long timer

Oddometer:

Thanks Mtiberio
    I'd be really interested except that I would also need a set of manifold stubs to connect the unit to the cylinders. You don't have a couple of those too do you - or thoughts about the best way to attach it?

Nick
  7. Bloodweiser

Bloodweiser honestly

Oddometer:
    looks like it might fit on the stock intakes... :dunno

fucking cool tho.
  8. mtiberio

mtiberio Adventurer

Oddometer:
    manifolds are not a problem. You could harvest yours from that welded up mess someone left you with, or you could buy a pair from Mark at Guzzi Classics in California. http://www.motoguzziclassics.com/ he has tons of used parts. Or ebay of course...
  9. JonnyCash

JonnyCash turd polisher

Oddometer:
    Funny that it seems like there are quite a few people on here who are constantly recommending mark at MG classics. I've seen his stuff on ebay, always buy-it-now, for insane prices. Just recently I called him for a shift fork shaft. Right off the bat, he was pretty rude to me, and it took me quite some time to get him to listen to me long enough to get it through to him what I needed. Just wouldn't shut up for a second. When I finally got through to him, he wanted $85 for it. MG cycle said I could have a brand new one for about ten bucks more. Fuck off and keep your parts, jerk!

I see ambo/eldo manifolds on ebay all the time, and they don't seem to fetch a real high price. That said, I'd just chop off the welded-on carbs, spend some time with a die grinder and a file and use what you've got.

I'll also add, that there is a guy that is always selling Guzzi and BMW parts on ebay from Austin TX who goes by Lamontsanford. I've gotten a number of things from him, and he's been a pleasure to deal with.
  10. zookster

zookster Chupacabra

Oddometer:
  11. danedg

danedg Horizontally Opposed

Oddometer:
  12. BubbaJim

BubbaJim Adventurer

Oddometer:

I too have dealt with lamontsanfurd and couldn't recommend him enough. Guy's name is Larry Chabira. Top eBay seller who uses accurate descriptions on all his items and posts promptly. :thumb
  13. leafman60

leafman60 Long timer

Oddometer:
  14. England-Kev

England-Kev Long timer

Oddometer:
    Now that is nice, right hand shift too:clap
  15. leafman60

leafman60 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks ! 1967 !
  16. impala4speed

impala4speed Adventurer

Oddometer:
    :freaky[/QUOTE]
    Besides everything else that's just too cool about this bike, I'm digging the visor attched to the top of the windshield.
  17. 996DL

996DL Dunning-Kruger PHD

Oddometer:
    Num, num, num... :tb

Could you perhaps explain the second lever setup, below the clutch lever, leafman60 ?

996DL
  18. deerslayR

deerslayR Spodely Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Decompression lever? Although a Falcone prolly doesn't have enough compression to warrant one.
    Even the Nuovo Falcone , the one pictured here, has maybe 6.85 to 1.
  19. nick949eldo

nick949eldo Long timer

Oddometer:
    I originally held it on with duct tape, to the horror of my son (who foolishly thinks I'm aesthetically challenged). I finally got rid of the duct tape glue smears and bolted it on permanently. It completely removes any buffeting from my face, which, on longer rides, is well worth it.

Nick
  20. leafman60

leafman60 Long timer

Oddometer:

Yes, that's a compression release lever. I get questions about it all the time since it doesn't look like the smaller levers typically used on other european bikes.

I have fun with it. When asked what it is, I reply "Haven't you ever heard of double-clutching?" That usually gets a serious stare from the questioner.

The engine is only 6.85:1 compression but the lever does come in handy even though not required when kick-starting instead of using the electric starter.

Most people do not know the proper procedure to kick start a big single. Slowly turn the engine over with your foot until you get to compression and feel resistance. Then , pull the compression relief lever and carefully roll the piston just past the highest compression point. Let the compression release close then and give it a helluva kick. The situation is very rare that this thing doesnt start with the first kick. The same works for my old 500 cc '53 Matchless G80.