Triumph Motorcycles

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by gatling, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Roadscum

Roadscum Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks bootzilla for posting that and for the comment regarding McQueen.

Regards, Paul
  2. RobH

RobH Don't tase me bro

Oddometer:
    Pardon, the poke, but you don't know what you are talking about. The Sprint GT is far more sport than touring. A 'sprint 675' would weigh no where near 435 lbs. and no sport tourer on earth weighs anything near that weight. If you want something that light, get a street triple and put a screen on it.
  3. Tripped1

Tripped1 Smoove, Smoove like velvet.

Oddometer:
    Its could be pretty close, just removing the stock exhaust pushes 675 Daytona's down to around 400 in ridable trim. There are numerous examples of sub 400 pound street triples floating around.
  4. eatpasta

eatpasta Lawnmower Target Supporter

Oddometer:
    Took my Speedy 3 to work today again..... not the most practical urban bike in the world but soooooooooo much fun in the city!

Fucking love this bike.

[​IMG]
  5. bross

bross Where we riding to?

Oddometer:
    That's what my wife did. She got beat up pretty bad last fall on our Oregon/California coast ride. It was very windy. She started looking for a mid size sport tourer to replace her Street Triple but couldn't find anything she thought would work. She's ridden a lot of miles on the BMW F800s and doesn't want one, the Ninja 1000 was the closest bike she thought might work. I went on a search and came up with this Ermax screen. She loves it, and says it's hard not to speed now cause she doesn't feel the wind like she used to.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

before the Ermax...
    [​IMG]

now the trees are going to be lot more blurred. :lol3
  6. 9990

9990 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Near Philly, working from home & loving it
    Very cool screen for the street trip - thanks for posting!
  7. Oriondk

Oriondk Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That is a good looking screen.
  8. TripleTee

TripleTee Over the river

Oddometer:
    Looking now at a clean, clean 1996 Trophy 1200 - anyone got one? Any experience with one?
  9. rbrsddn

rbrsddn 3banger

Oddometer:
    That is a nice T509 up there!!! I don't have a ny recent pics of my bike, but here are a couple from years past. Merc, you might like the first one...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I believe that is a pic of Mercury 264's Sprint up there. I loves me some Triumph Triples!!!!:deal PS, Those were some fun trips!!!! Some serious belly laughs up there...:lol3
  10. robnobrakes

robnobrakes n00b

Oddometer:
    '94 Speed Triple T309...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  11. Mercury264

Mercury264 Once you go Triple...

Oddometer:
    Beautiful :clap
  12. Yostwerks

Yostwerks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ... A classic beauty !

The Sprint last weekend ...
    [​IMG]
  13. Mercury264

Mercury264 Once you go Triple...

Oddometer:
    It is indeed :lol3

Boy they were fun times - do you have a copy of the picture with about 30 Triumphs all in a row ? Not sure who took that one.

Just notice Adam's Daytona far right... :cry

OT: I was up at Camp Meade a couple months ago and the swimming pool is filled in, the cabins are all there but in a bad way. Sad to see the old place as it is...
  14. rbrsddn

rbrsddn 3banger

Oddometer:

Oh Man... I just noticed the CF bellypan that he got from Ian Noble...:cry 'Kinell.. Keith and I stayed up there, I think it was'07, and they were honoring the reservations for the season, then doing the bakery thing. We found a great place in Barton, called the Pinecrest Motel and Cabins. Same kitchy kind of place, with no Reville at 0 Dark Thirty!!!:lol3 I will look for that pic. Lost a ton of pics a couple of years ago when my hard drive died...

[​IMG]
    This one is from Bub's BBQ, probably '04

[​IMG]

This one is outside a bar in colchester, CT. 1st year Adam Memorial ride...

Don't have that cool lineup pic any more...
  15. Max L

Max L Duct Tape

Oddometer:
    Almost talked myself out of getting the Triumph. Thank my wife for always telling me you work hard get what you want... She also got me to buy a MINI Countryman Justa I had always been a Chevy guy. Love both and would do it again in a hartbeat...
  16. Roadscum

Roadscum Long timer

Oddometer:
    You're a lucky man to have a wife like that. :clap

Does she have a sister? :lol3

Regards, Paul
  17. bross

bross Where we riding to?

Oddometer:
    I got a good one as well. She'd be telling me for the past couple years "Sell that POS Honda and buy a REAL bike." Meaning a Triumph as she loved her Street Triple. Went and bought my Tiger. :deal She told me more than a few times over the years "You need a new bike, go buy one." I tend to be more content with my bikes than her, she's owned more bikes than I have over the years. Yes she's a keeper and I am blessed.

PS Yes she does have a sister, but she's into horses :puke1 , I got the good one. :deal

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  18. Roadscum

Roadscum Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not only did you get a good one, you got a very purdy one. :evil

Regards, Paul
  19. Max L

Max L Duct Tape

Oddometer:
    You're a lucky man to have a wife like that.

Does she have a sister?

Regards, Paul

Thanxs Paul, I think gals who have brothers understand guys a little more, having grown up with boys !

I'm still a boy, the Peter Pan syndrome...

We have a lot of fun...

Stay young as you grow old together...
  20. Gryphon12

Gryphon12 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I respect your opinion, and lot's of folks have done what your wife has done. It works for a naked with a screen. However, I live in Seattle, WA USA. Think British "gentle rain" 9 months of the year. For me, a naked with a screen just doesn't cut it.

If you've read any of my other posts on light-weight sport-tourers, you know that I do, indeed, know of where I speak. A Daytona 955i weighs 478 lbs. wet. A STR with a full Daytona 955i fairing could weigh 435 lbs. wet (ok, maybe 445 lbs). A Daytona 675 with a full fairing weighs less than 415 lbs. now. I need a wider fairing, a taller fairing, but it won't weigh more than an additional 25-30 lbs.

The STR is more tractable on the street than the Daytona 675, which is essentially a track bike with lights. The seat and subframe are much more comfortable and useful. Just modify the rear subframe with attachment points for luggage (no weight increase) and I'm done. No longer wheelbase; no chassis changes. Just the FULL fairing.

As for the Sprint GT being more SPORT, I'll give you that because we all have different dividing lines along that continuum. My reference points for a SPORT tourer are a Honda VFR800 (Gen 5) and a Ducati ST4s (2005). By these standards, the Sprint GT (at 590 lbs wet) is "in the middle". The C14 and FJR are on the other end as sport TOURERS. :lol3