2013 KTM Adventure 1190

Discussion in 'Hard. Core. (1090/1190/1290)' started by goodcat8, Apr 23, 2012.

1. AdvIvan

AdvIvan Rock on!

Oddometer:
    Yup. On the ferry (!) I realized coolant was dripping from the fat radiator hose connection. Tightening the clamp solved the issue for me. It also coused burning from the exhaust pipe to my right hand :cry
  2. Katoom72

Katoom72 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just another battlescar :wink:
  3. nikoktm

nikoktm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Stuck far, far away, who knows for how long.
    To Teknik in Sydney. To reinforce suspension. Stronger spring at the back.
  4. Odan69

Odan69 n00b

Oddometer:
  5. mcguyver

mcguyver Long timer

Oddometer:
    I had the same issue was fixed at first service by replacing the oring. Will be watching it closely.
  6. BlueCattledog

BlueCattledog Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi all,
    Just an update; have heavy vibes through the bars on my 1190, enough to give you a numb throttle hand after 30 mls not what I expected on a new bike. I bought the PHDS progressive handlebar damping system as the Dealer said all their long distance touring customers have been using them for years.
    Helps a little but I'm not satisfied; paid a lot of money for this bike, should not have this problem, I've been riding V-twins for years, even Buell's and not had this. My last bike was a 990SMT on probs on that.
    I've asked to take out their demo to test it against mine and they are happy with that, so I'll give it a go when off next.
    Has anyone else had same or similar problems with heavy numbing vibration through the bars, please speak up, if not and your bike runs as smooth as your old 990 or similar twin let me know.
    Just as well I put the deposit on Visa as I have their insurance if they try to get shitty.
    I reckon its the engine.
    Keep you posted.
  7. bigboyxl

bigboyxl Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    do you get vibes on some specific rev range or speed? or is it constant all the time?
  8. Davy F

Davy F Pro Goolie Fiddler

Oddometer:
    Coming up to a month of ownership now and I love this machine.

I've now changed to the Adventure R screen, so that's all three screens in my pocession now. The KTM sidestand flatfoot thingy is a worthwhile addition and I'm so glad I went for the comfort seat(s). The Wings exhaust (standard length) is impressive both in quality and sound. I changed the rear rack to an SW-Motech jobbie as I already had the adaptor plate from my last bike. The orange farkles are just that, little pieces of bling.

Hopefully heading over to Scotland/England next week for a spin to see some friends and put more miles under her wheels.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  9. Audun

Audun Adventurer

Oddometer:
    How does the R screen compare to the others? (I have both and still unhappy)

Audun
  10. Davy F

Oddometer:

I wear an Arai Tour X lid and I haven't quite found a height setting that suits. The peak just seems to vibrate ever so slightly which is obviously annoying.
    Weirdly, I can't remember having the peak issue when I took the demo bike out for a ride. Maybe it's something to do with the comfort seat being taller, but then surely the touring screen would compensate with it being taller ?

The R screen being much shorter solves this issue for me. Now, I do get more bug splatter, but I'll happily put up with that for now. I'll know more after my next trip away, but so far I'm happier with the shorter screen and it wasn't expensive, so worth the gamble.

Weirdly, I can't remember having the peak issue when I took the demo bike out for a ride. Maybe it's something to do with the comfort seat being taller, but then surely the touring screen would compensate with it being taller ?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  11. numbutt

numbutt john

Oddometer:
    I have been fitting the heated handgrips and all went well until I had to find the connector on the bike to plug them into !! Cant see much from ktm's ''photo ''....picked and poked at the cables but don't seem to find it...should have a yellow with orange stripe wire [do see one coming out of computer ] maybe they poked under the front of the tank out of view ,,,,,,,,,,can anyone who has fitted these throw some light on where this connector is hidden ???
    Certainly a bit of a nightmare removing all these panels......I..suppose to get to the air cleaner its the tank off too...surprising the owners manual does not include servicing the air cleaner......
  12. PPiA

PPiA Pete

Oddometer:
    In the gap behind the headlight.
  13. Bikeaddict

Bikeaddict Bikeless Due To Recession

Oddometer:
    Davy F I absolutely love your bike´s looks. Only change I would like to add/make is paint the upper side panels form silver to black as well the side protectors again from silver to black. Happy (s)miles :clap :clap

"I've now changed to the Adventure R screen, so that's all three screens in my pocession now. The KTM sidestand flatfoot thingy is a worthwhile addition and I'm so glad I went for the comfort seat(s). The Wings exhaust (standard length) is impressive both in quality and sound. I changed the rear rack to an SW-Motech jobbie as I already had the adaptor plate from my last bike. The orange farkles are just that, little pieces of bling."
  14. Jaimoto

Jaimoto Spaniard in Chile

Oddometer:

I agree.

Scroll down:
    http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=21916179

[​IMG]
  15. Davy F

Oddometer:
    Thanks, guys. :freaky

I did initially think of a colour change for the parts mentioned, but I've just got used to how it is. That's not to say a dash of paint won't ever be applied tho'.

Todays mod is...........

SW-Motech Q/R GPS holder fitted.

The Q/R bit.
    [​IMG]

The fixed mount.
    [​IMG]

Base fitted to mount.
    [​IMG]

And the end result.
    [​IMG]

Well pleased and the usual SW-Motech quality.
  16. GVWR

GVWR Adventurer

Oddometer:
    @ Davy: make sure the peak of your helmet is in the highest position and the screws are turned firmly.

I have no issues using the Arai Tour X or RX7 helmets on my 1190R with the small screen in the highest position. I'm have mounted bar raisers (approx 2cm) and am 1,85. Best screen and bike yet (compared to my previous BMW GSA 1200 and Multi 1200)<label for="rb_iconid_26">[​IMG]</label>
  17. DavidD

DavidD Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Try getting your front wheel balanced, there may be some weights missing off the rim, or it might not have been done properly in the first place?

I have done nearly 5000 miles on my 1190R and only had a little vibration in the throttle hand after being in excess of 90mph for some time. Even that seems to have subdued now, or I am getting used to it. :dunno I also have the progressive handlebar damping system and that feels fine.

The bike is everything I want and brings a smile to my face every time I ride it. So I can definitely say it is worth sorting out............
  18. PPiA

PPiA Pete

Oddometer:
    Mine does the same thing. Check your front tyre.

Mine had a flat spot in it from new. It looks like the tyre hasn't popped correctly onto the rim, but it has. The tyre itself is out of wack.

KTM are replacing it under warranty, but there are none in Australia at the moment so I'm just putting up with it.
  19. KMC1

KMC1 There is no spoon.

Oddometer:
  20. Michhub

Michhub Major Medical Supporter

Oddometer:
    That won't help US sales....at least for me...I'd like to see the 'R' price....