CroMag Campout 2013 September 19-22

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by shrineclown, Oct 3, 2012.

1. shrineclown

shrineclown Board Butcher, Fastener Haberdasher

Oddometer:
    How many guys do you get in one of those leanto's?
  2. Cromoth

Cromoth fan of the magic carpet ride

Oddometer:
    Yes but subscription snafu & other excuses (Sandy) prevent 'reception'. You're sending loud & clear!

I hope you have the auction - I typically camp but if leaving the tarp at home means I can trailer more Heady Topper home, I'm bidding! PM me if you want to split a leanto & don't snore :lol3.

Shrineclown - consider posting a request to vendors (thread, local?) for shwag that could be included w/leantos. I'll volunteer to contact Woodstock places & Harpoon in Windsor if you want.

Toby (S. America rides) - I'd attend a presentation during the post dinner time.
  3. shrineclown

Oddometer:

Good idea, for some events. Too commercial for this campout....needs to be simple, easy, un-confusing when you feel under. This is a no pester event. There are plenty you can go to every year with a vendor row. If they give it for free, they usually expect and deserve something more. Hold off on that please. Unless everyone wants it be that kind of event.
  4. Pilothouse51

Pilothouse51 Lurker Skill Level 10

Oddometer:

I like the current no pester policy. Nothing wrong with the ones that are but we are bombarded daily with someone trying to pitch us something. For me a few of these get together's is a way to get away from that for a bit. :freaky
  5. shrineclown

Oddometer:
    Funny thing happened to me. I rode a boatload of miles through Maine and I did not see one of your placards. Silent campaign? "I was for it, before I was against it." :D
  6. Pugsley/Hobbfather

Pugsley/Hobbfather Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It appears as though I am locked into a fall schedule for the foreseeable future, but would like to be there for Thursday to say 'ello again.

Also, I can likely provide space 3 miles away for large vehicle/RV style parking/camping.
    Self-contained, power but no H2O available...if this helps, and if I'm still in the same shop.

If the weekend has to shift back one week for any reason (another Hurricane/flood?) or whatever, then I'm a definite IN!

ALSO!

In local news...
    The Store looks promising to be actually up and running next year, but the boys of FableFarm are relocating the gatherings...
  7. Beez

Beez Given to fly

Oddometer:
    Lean-to auction - yay

Vendors & that kind of stuff - nay :D
  8. shrineclown

Oddometer:
    I have a tracking system in place and you can start bidding if you so desire. If you had sent me a number previously, please resubmit now. Copy of map here for your convenience.

Again this is a trial basis for this year. If it works out and everyone is happy enough....we may continue it.

If you are not happy now, I asked over and over for comment and I can only say, I am sorry about that. I do want you to be happy. That is what it is all about.

Caution: If you are sharing a leanto with others, please make sure you are not bidding against each other. Also, please indicate the screenname of the people attributed to the total bid. That may help me from having this happen too. Bids will be anonymous.

You can follow the bids on the OP.

PM me your bids.
  9. internalcombust

internalcombust What a blast!

Oddometer:
    IN. Thursday, meat, BO.

I hope PC gets me a lean-to, I don't want to rough it, out in the woods. :lol3
  10. shrineclown

Oddometer:
    :clap
  11. shrineclown

Oddometer:
    It is awful quiet out there.
  12. Gregster

Gregster Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'll be there buddy. Looking forward to it. :freaky
  13. SixWatt

SixWatt kicker of elves

Oddometer:
    Late arriving to the thread, but definitely in.:shog

FYI, group: here is the text of the letter to the VT Food Bank that I am including with the check for 2012's dinner donations. I wanted to make sure you all got credit for your kind donations; they will go a long way towards helping out some Vermonters. I learned about VT food Bank through my employer and they are a great group of people; thanks!

To: The Good Folks @ Vermont Food Bank

Greetings!
    Enclosed please find a donation for $1617; I know you will put it to good use. I’d like to take a moment to tell you a little about where the money came from, as it is not strictly a direct donation from us, although our name is on the check.
    Each September for the past few years a group of motorcycle enthusiasts has gathered at Silver Lake State Park in Barnard for a long weekend of enjoying Vermont’s beautiful roads and trails, and maybe to drink some beer around a campfire and act foolish. The group is anchored by the web forum ADVRider.com and the event is organized by Clark (aka “Shrineclown”) in the sub forum “Annual Rides and Rallies”; it’s called The CroMag campout. CroMag has been happening for many years but found its current home in Barnard 4 years ago when Clark took over organizing the details. He does all the legwork to arrange our use of the park for the weekend and people come from all over North America to participate (we even let a few Canadians attend). My wife and I are part of an amateur BBQ competition team and capable of setting up an outdoor kitchen to feed large groups; Clark has invited us to prepare Saturday night dinner for the group so that they can have a meal together (and enjoy some adult beverages) after a day of riding.

In 2012 the event was held 2 or 3 weeks after Irene did her thing to central VT and the damage was unbelievably apparent to all who attended, in fact it was the major topic of conversation around the campfire and at dinner. We passed a hat and collected money that was sent to you guys last year. This year we did the same thing; each rider pitched in $20 and my wife & I donated the cost of the food we served. There were somewhat over 100 riders in attendance so the list is too long to credit everyone directly (even if I knew all their names ), but I did want to give some credit to this terrific group of people, even though they are a group of dirty sweaty drunken smoky motorcycle geeks. It is my hope that we will be able to continue this as an annual tradition; I know through my employer how great an organization the VT Food Bank is and how important your work is to many many Vermonters. Keep it up, and we will (hopefully) check in with you again next year. If you want to stop by next year’s rally it will be held on the weekend of September 19-22, with the group dinner happening on Saturday the 21st. BYOB if you show up though; nobody drinks for free.

Cheers,
    Jaime & Mary (and a bunch of dirty bikers)
    “Sixwatt”
  14. Mercury264

Mercury264 Once you go Triple...

Oddometer:
    :clap
  15. Beez

Beez Given to fly

Oddometer:
    Thanks for posting that Jamie. :beer
  16. shrineclown

Oddometer:

Yes, nice work he and the missus do all year long. Now for the rest of the story.

Sixwatt and wife do these all year long and make donations to the Pan Mass Challenge. Good people, good deeds, good food and good people to know.

PS, you were already "in" whether you knew it or not.
  17. shipwrek12001

shipwrek12001 Shipwrek

Oddometer:
    Hi all,

This year Naiomi and myself are thinking of joining the party, after all it is her birthday that weekend. And whats better is someone else is doing the planning.

My question is honey can't ride long or do off road for even shorter time. This is probably blasphemous but is there any group doing slab running. She can keep up to the party no problem :freaky

So every year for me is the same thing, Cromag is run on honey's birthday. Please help me, help her to want to join this party.:lol3:lol3:lol3
  18. Boondoggle

Boondoggle Nihilism Matters!

Oddometer:
    There is plenty of everything. All terrains and velocities.
  19. OhBoy

OhBoy Got Out

Oddometer:
    In for the whole SheBang.
    meat, bo, thurs
    May have to get the 690 dirty this time.
  20. shrineclown

Oddometer:
    Either death seems very much like real life, or we are all still here! Either way, the post apocalypse version of CroMag is moving forward. Just got the paperwork from the state and we are looking forward to seeing you all there.