Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2006, 09:30 AM   #1
manoir OP
n00b

Oddometer: 9
KTM 625sxc

Hello Chaps
i am about to buy one of these and cannot find any feed back on any site BIZARRE!!. Has anybody had one any info i wanted a fun bike all terain plus road and easy to ride i had a Lc4 enduro so i know the engine and loved it.
Just got rid of a manic powerband 2 stroke so was thinking this would be a good replacement for a fun ride without the white knuckle 2 stroke ie a little easy riding on a summers evening but with the grunt there if i want it. Sometimes you just want to ride and enjoy whats around so thought this would be ideal plus trips to town etc

Feed back would be great
manoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 10:28 AM   #2
Texmoto1
Adventure Berzerker

Oddometer: 274
That bike is BIG, real BIG. My Brother had an XR650R(Damn Big Bike) and we rode with a guy on a 625. The 625 dwarfs the 650! If you are into anything but Desert riding, I would not recomend the 625. Thats just me though, if I am on tight single track I want 450 size or less. If you are talking desert though, that 625 might be the bomb. To me that bike is just too big and heavy for anything else. The real place to look for opinions would be on www.thumpertalk.com . They are geared more twords the 4 stroke dirt bikes than this site is.
Old 04-12-2006, 01:23 PM   #3
DEANGELIS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 232
I was sketchy buying my Supercomp but...

Now I can't ride anything smaller. Big power, tall seat is the only way I'll fly from now on. I'm only 5'7" so I can't really lay it over like my CR but I'm still thrilled in every way with the bike.

cool toys - http://stores.ebay.com/San-Diego-BMW...eNameZl2QQtZkm
DEANGELIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 01:31 PM   #4
meat popsicle
Ignostic

Oddometer: 14,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by manoir
Hello Chaps
i am about to buy one of these and cannot find any feed back on any site BIZARRE!!.

Has anybody had one? any info? i want a fun bike, all terain (plus road), and easy to ride.

i had a Lc4 enduro so i know the engine and loved it.

Just got rid of a manic powerband 2 stroke. I was thinking this would be a good replacement: a fun ride without the white knuckle 2 stroke (ie a little easy riding on a summers evening but with the grunt there if i want it).

Sometimes you just want to ride and enjoy whats around so thought this would be ideal plus trips to town etc

Feed back would be great
hard to read... brain hurts... fixed.

You had an LC4e? Almost exactly the same bike. I believe the only differences are the SXC comes with a pumper carb (FCR), SXC exhaust, and... that's about it eh?

I believe it's the Supermoto version that comes with a different swingarm (for the wider supermoto rims) and different offset on the triple clamp.

There are others around that can discuss this bike in greater detail, but they might have been disuaded by your post's grammer...

Its not so much staying alive; its staying human that counts.
meat popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 02:23 PM   #5
clintnz
Trans-Global Chook Chaser

Oddometer: 3,189
I have an 03 640 Enduro & a couple of weeks ago I had a go on a 625. It was pretty much what you'd expect from looking at the specs - A little lighter, a little more pep from the FCR carb & SXC pipe, a little narrower with the smaller tank, a little more suspension travel, a little more vibey with the hard mounted bars, a bit taller, a slimmer harder seat. Basically the 640 Enduro's evil dirty twin.

Big fun for more open offroad riding. As texmoto1 says, not a real tight singletrack machine, but if you're big that won't be so much of an issue.

Some of the US models came with the BST carb, & the later models carry more oil like the 640E

Cheers
Clint

The wilderness, the desert - why are they not crowded
.................................................. .....with pilgrims?
clintnz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 02:26 PM   #6
creeper
Still alive...

Oddometer: 10,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by meat popsicle
You had an LC4e? Almost exactly the same bike. I believe the only differences are the SXC comes with a pumper carb (FCR), SXC exhaust, and... that's about it eh?
That and less oil capacity.
Old 04-12-2006, 02:40 PM   #7
manoir OP
n00b

Lc4 section

No sorry i did not look in the LC4 section appologies i now feel so very small that perhaps i should ask about a 50cc suzuki!!! heard that question?
Quote:
Originally Posted by creeper
Old 04-12-2006, 02:45 PM   #8
meat popsicle
Ignostic

Oddometer: 14,132
50cc Suzuki!!! Those bikes rock.

I see that some good folks have shown up to help you with the comparsion. You are in good hands. Now if only the Grammar Nazi would show up and help you with your english. (ChrisC is the Spelling Nazi - does he double as the Grammer one too? )

Its not so much staying alive; its staying human that counts.
meat popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 05:51 PM   #9
ChrisC
Molon Labe

Oddometer: 6,306
Quote:
(ChrisC is the Spelling Nazi - does he double as the Grammer one too? )
That would be Kelsey Grammer?

Thanks Meat....
ChrisC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 04:31 PM   #10
clintnz
Trans-Global Chook Chaser

Oddometer: 3,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by creeper
Not the '05 I rode - same system as the E & Adv. Earlier model SXC's didn't have the oil in frame though.

Cheers
Clint

The wilderness, the desert - why are they not crowded
.................................................. .....with pilgrims?
clintnz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 04:47 PM   #11
creeper
Still alive...

Oddometer: 10,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintnz
Not the '05 I rode - same system as the E & Adv. Earlier model SXC's didn't have the oil in frame though.

Cheers
Clint
No shit?

They stopped selling SXCs in the US after '04, so maybe KTM decided to upgrade the SXC for other countries, as they seem to be ridden quite a bit on the street in Europe.
Or, commonize the LC4 series across the board with the extra oil capacity.

Just a WAG on my part.

C
Old 04-12-2006, 05:25 PM   #12
txrider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 370
If your used to an LC4 the SXC is a little lighter, a little more powerful, feels a little nimbler. I like mine, at 225lbs and 6'3" it suits me great, a little slow in tight woods but it'll do it and I have fun at it.
txrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 02:35 PM   #13
manoir OP
n00b

Grammer

Not sure whats wrong with my grammer but if you check the KTM specs you will find a lot different kilos discs metal etc at least thats the case with the version for sale in France but hey it could be there grammer!!!
Quote:
hard to read... brain hurts... fixed.

I believe it's the Supermoto version that comes with a different swingarm (for the wider supermoto rims) and different offset on the triple clamp.

There are others around that can discuss this bike in greater detail, but they might have been disuaded by your post's grammer...
Old 06-02-2006, 07:05 PM   #14
mcc*
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
An opinion from Southern British Columbia.
Have a 2004 625 SXC that has been converted to a Dual Sport. A little buffety and buzzy on the road......but a trail and dirt road slayer in the bush. Absolutely no problems what so ever....unless you count eating up the rear tires with all the torque. Great ride.......buy it.

P.S. Anyone coming this way......give us an email and if available we will show you some country and Canadian hospitality
mcc* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 10:42 PM   #15
humdinger
bp

Oddometer: 616
SXC feedback

The link below is just a quick comparison but if you hunt around here long enough you should be able to find quite a bit of info on the sxc. My riding buddy has an '05 and doesn't have any trouble taking it into tight single tracks or over good sized logs.
I read every article I could find before purchasing my 640 Adventure and having owned KTMs previously, knew what I was in for. I wasn't disappointed.
IMO, rider ability plays more of a role with 'what you can do with a bike' and 'where you can take it' more so than particular characteristics of the bike itself. Its only the amount effort required and the comfort factors that vary significantly.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133766