ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > The perfect line and other riding myths
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-04-2006, 10:57 PM   #1
RSalvarez OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Mexicali Baja California
Oddometer: 147
Motorcycle songs???

Hi, i want to collect al the motorcycle songs that i can get
2 is Motorbiking from billy idol
1 is motorcycle song billy joel

I need all the recomendations for my playlist ( i just found this 2 )
from any group or decade, i remenber 1 about a honda from the 60 s
and other from the pixis i think we can made a good colection, not the song from the song search on the google or yahoo music search
songs that we remember from something thanks

RSalvarez screwed with this post 08-04-2006 at 11:11 PM Reason: more
RSalvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 11:57 PM   #2
Ratty2austin
commutercycle
 
Ratty2austin's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Seattle, or out riding the world
Oddometer: 1,826
Thumb

I like Dead or Alive by Bon Jovi....

Honda Honda by Beach Boys (or is it Little Honda?) I forget the title...

I think a few Prince songs mention his motorcycle, but its not the theme of the song... (maybe he did one?) it was a purple motorcycle to be more specific
Ratty2austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 12:00 AM   #3
Drifter
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: East of the Sun & West of the Moon
Oddometer: 5,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSalvarez
Hi, i want to collect al the motorcycle songs that i can get
2 is Motorbiking from billy idol
1 is motorcycle song billy joel

I need all the recomendations for my playlist ( i just found this 2 )
from any group or decade, i remenber 1 about a honda from the 60 s
and other from the pixis i think we can made a good colection, not the song from the song search on the google or yahoo music search
songs that we remember from something thanks
Please clarify your request.

Are you talking about any song that has something to do with motorcycles? Or a song that has the specific word motorcycle / bike in it -- or about a specific brand or type of motorcycle.

e.g. Born to Be Wild by Stepenwolf or Born to Run by The Boss are general motorcycle theme songs. A Crazy Little Called Love referes to taking a long ride on a motorbike.
Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 08:28 PM   #4
RSalvarez OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Mexicali Baja California
Oddometer: 147
An specific motorcycle story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter
Please clarify your request.

Are you talking about any song that has something to do with motorcycles? Or a song that has the specific word motorcycle / bike in it -- or about a specific brand or type of motorcycle.

e.g. Born to Be Wild by Stepenwolf or Born to Run by The Boss are general motorcycle theme songs. A Crazy Little Called Love referes to taking a long ride on a motorbike.
You are right, songs were the the motorcycle is part of the action, like the
billy joel song
sorry if i wasnt more specific
and thanks for the help
RSalvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 12:03 AM   #5
scottdc
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Oddometer: 295
here's a couple good but obscure ones:

Motorcycle by Love and Rockets
Just for Kicks by Mike Sarne
scottdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 04:28 AM   #6
DaveF-
Adventurer
 
DaveF-'s Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Oddometer: 99
Arlo Guthrie - The Motorcycle Song
Joe Satriani - Ride
Del McCoury - 1952 Vincent Black Lightning
DaveF- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 05:41 AM   #7
theMISSIONARY
hunting and riding!!
 
theMISSIONARY's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Devonport Tazmania
Oddometer: 2,111
KICK STARTING MY HEART...motley crue!!
theMISSIONARY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 06:41 AM   #8
furiousfart
Gnarly Adventurer
 
furiousfart's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Putney VT
Oddometer: 214
Crazy motorcycle- Genocide Super Stars
furiousfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 06:56 AM   #9
gweaver
Wandering between rooms
 
gweaver's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Sonoma County, CA
Oddometer: 1,485
Laugh

Niel Young- Unknown Legend
Bob Seger - Roll me Away

I know it's been said, but 1952 Vincent Black Lightning. Of course I thought that was by Richard Thompson (at least the version I have says it is...)

There's also a group called Motorcycle that's done a song called "As the Rush Comes," although I think it's more about drug use. Good, mellow tune, but it's definately more techno. Most of the songs already suggested in this topic are classic rock.

Another suggestion, not about motorcycles, but if you've seen the movie "Faster," is the song "Whatever Happened to my Rock and Roll." Black Rebel Motorcycle Club. I think you want the "punk version/pung song". After watching Faster, I think I'll always associate that song with bikes.

Then there's Tom Cochrane- Life is a Highway

Also found this:
http://www.rejectedunknown.com/lyric...otorcycle.html

And finally someone else's list of road songs:
http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/infrastructure/roadsong.htm#620

Hope that helps
G

gweaver screwed with this post 08-05-2006 at 07:11 AM
gweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 08:56 AM   #10
LoriKTM
Wrecking Ball
 
LoriKTM's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: New Mexico
Oddometer: 1,524
+1 on Steppenwolf "Born to be Wild"

Here's a couple more:

"Bad Motor Scooter" by Montrose
"Headin' out to the Highway" by Judas Preist
__________________
MDR2011 Ride Report
AMA, BRC
2008 Street Triple, 2011 Tiger 800XC, 2007 DR650, 2007 TE250, 2001 G-G280
LoriKTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 09:47 AM   #11
Schtum
Free Genie
 
Schtum's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Howe of Fife, Scotland.
Oddometer: 1,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweaver
I know it's been said, but 1952 Vincent Black Lightning. Of course I thought that was by Richard Thompson (at least the version I have says it is...)
+1

http://www.rtlist.net/listen.htm

Looks like the Del McCoury Band cover it though.....

http://www.pbs.org/klru/austin/artists/program321.html
Schtum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 08:34 PM   #12
RSalvarez OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Mexicali Baja California
Oddometer: 147
yes, thanks i will follow

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweaver
Niel Young- Unknown Legend
Bob Seger - Roll me Away

I know it's been said, but 1952 Vincent Black Lightning. Of course I thought that was by Richard Thompson (at least the version I have says it is...)

There's also a group called Motorcycle that's done a song called "As the Rush Comes," although I think it's more about drug use. Good, mellow tune, but it's definately more techno. Most of the songs already suggested in this topic are classic rock.

Another suggestion, not about motorcycles, but if you've seen the movie "Faster," is the song "Whatever Happened to my Rock and Roll." Black Rebel Motorcycle Club. I think you want the "punk version/pung song". After watching Faster, I think I'll always associate that song with bikes.

Then there's Tom Cochrane- Life is a Highway

Also found this:
http://www.rejectedunknown.com/lyric...otorcycle.html

And finally someone else's list of road songs:
http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/infrastructure/roadsong.htm#620

Hope that helps
G
yes all will work
RSalvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 05:51 AM   #13
gfspencer
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: North Carolina
Oddometer: 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweaver
Bob Seger - Roll me Away
+1
gfspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 07:07 PM   #14
Flippers
n00b
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Oddometer: 1
Motorcycle Mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSalvarez
Hi, i want to collect al the motorcycle songs that i can get
2 is Motorbiking from billy idol
1 is motorcycle song billy joel

I need all the recomendations for my playlist ( i just found this 2 )
from any group or decade, i remenber 1 about a honda from the 60 s
and other from the pixis i think we can made a good colection, not the song from the song search on the google or yahoo music search
songs that we remember from something thanks
Well, back in the 1971 there was an entire LP record devoted to motorcycles recorded in Muscle Shores Alabama. Titled "Motorcycle Mama "by Sailcat (Court Pikett and John Wyler). With classic bike songs like "Rainbox Road", "Highway Rider", "If you've got a daughter" and, of course, "Motorcycle Mama". Great LP, I suggest you track it down. It is great fun!

John :-#)#
Flippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 07:17 PM   #15
Schtum
Free Genie
 
Schtum's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Howe of Fife, Scotland.
Oddometer: 1,968
Has anyone mentioned Arlo Guthrie's The Motorcycle Song?
Schtum is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014