ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Trip Planning
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-26-2007, 11:02 AM   #1
geode OP
.
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: .
Oddometer: 389
The Campsite List ...

As a companion thread to The Tent Space List I thought it might be nice if there was a thread listing good campsites that folks here have enjoyed.

If you have a place you'd recommend to other ADV folk, please post the info.

It would be nice if all listings included the following:

1) State / Town / Region
2) GPS co-ords
3) Fee / no fee
4) Features ... table / firering / shower / wi-fi / noisy crowds
5) Whatever else impressed you, or annoyed you


I'll use the same format as The Tent Space List. This first post will grow to include the basic location info of the campsite and a reference to your post with the more detailed info. If you make a post, and then think of, or find another nifty campsite, make a new post rather then editting your first post. I won't be reviewing posts to see if you added new locations.

Thanx to everyone who pitches in.

be well, g



____________USA_________________

Various southern states ... tmgs ... post 3


Alabama,

*Moundville ... nick_t ... post 35
Alaska,

*East Glacier ... ggandy ... post 23
*Tok ... ggandy ... post 26


Arizona,

*Sedona ... BeemerChef ... post 10


California,

*Big Sur ... MaddBrit ... post 14
*Bishop ... Stonewall ... post 13
*Central Coast ... KLRscumbag ... post 24
*Mammoth ... Stonewall ... post 19


Georgia,

*Suches ... tmgs ... post 4


Idaho,

*Ketchum ... NWGS ... post 28


Maine,

*Greenville ... geode ... post 30
*Presque Isle ... geode ... post 30


Nebraska,

*Valentine ... flyrodder ... post 31


Nevada,

*Las Vegas ... BeemerChef ... post 6


North Carolina,

*Canton ... v4rider ... post 33


Oklahoma,

*Atoka ... rjudge ... post 25


Tennessee,

*Tellico Plains ... v4rider ... post 34
Texas,

*Leakey ... Kaneman ... post 5
*Vanderoot ... Coastalcop ... post 9


Utah,

*Zion ... BeemerChef ... post 15


Washington,

*Unknown ... ALEXBERECZKY ... post 21


Wyoming,

*Douglas ... jjustj ... post 11
*Lander ... DustMeOff ... post 20



___________Canada_________________


British Columbia,


*Nelson ... LongWays ... post 7


Ontario,

*Cloyne ... Drif10 ... post 16


Quebec,

*Gaspe' ... Jack90210 ... post 8


Yukon,

*Whitehorse ... dwayne ... post 29


___________Sweden__________________


*Vildmarkscamping Urshult ... Svendura ... post 12

geode screwed with this post 09-07-2007 at 05:29 PM
geode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 01:13 PM   #2
MarkN
Beastly Adventurer
 
MarkN's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Dorchester, Dorset.UK
Oddometer: 1,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by geode
As a companion thread to The Tent Space List I thought it might be nice if there was a thread listing good campsites that folks here have enjoyed.

If you have a place you'd recommend to other ADV folk, please post the info.

It would be nice if all listings included the following:

1) State / Town / Region
2) GPS co-ords
3) Fee / no fee
4) Features ... table / firering / shower / wi-fi / noisy crowds
5) Whatever else impressed you, or annoyed you


I'll use the same format as The Tent Space List. This first post will grow to include the basic location info of the campsite and a reference to your post with the more detailed info. If you make a post, and then think of, or find another nifty campsite, make a new post rather then editting your first post. I won't be reviewing posts to see if you added new locations.

Thanx to everyone who pitches in.

be well, g
We have something like this in the Europe area as a sticky. I think it's a good idea.

Mark
__________________
Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly!
MarkN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 06:01 AM   #3
JimmyUK
Brit
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Great Britain
Oddometer: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkN
We have something like this in the Europe area as a sticky. I think it's a good idea.

Mark
Where, WHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
Oh, I-I-I'm sorry. Here I was in my own little world, talking to myself and dreaming about candy bracelets.
JimmyUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 05:40 AM   #4
tmgs
...Trailers are for Boats
 
tmgs's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: N. E. Georgia, Space Coast FL.(sometimes)
Oddometer: 978
Quote:
Originally Posted by geode
As a companion thread to The Tent Space List I thought it might be nice if there was a thread listing good campsites that folks here have enjoyed.

If you have a place you'd recommend to other ADV folk, please post the info.

It would be nice if all listings included the following:

1) State / Town / Region
2) GPS co-ords
3) Fee / no fee
4) Features ... table / firering / shower / wi-fi / noisy crowds
5) Whatever else impressed you, or annoyed you


I'll use the same format as The Tent Space List. This first post will grow to include the basic location info of the campsite and a reference to your post with the more detailed info. If you make a post, and then think of, or find another nifty campsite, make a new post rather then editting your first post. I won't be reviewing posts to see if you added new locations.

Thanx to everyone who pitches in.

be well, g
I have a small page of motorcycle campsites that someone or another had recomended, i have only stayed at a couple on this list but they have all at one time been recomended, feel free to look it over and use them

http://www.bikershut.net/mc_campground.htm
tmgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 05:45 AM   #5
tmgs
...Trailers are for Boats
 
tmgs's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: N. E. Georgia, Space Coast FL.(sometimes)
Oddometer: 978
1) State / Town / Region
Georgia. Suches,

2) GPS co-ords
hmmmmmmm hwy 60 and 180 NE Georgia Mountains

3) Fee / no fee
12 bucks a night per rider (I think)

4) Features - tables, fire ring, showers, food on fri -night /sat/sunday and rooms sometimes mostlty by reservation

Physical address: 3580 State Hwy 60, Suches GA 30572
located on Georgia Hwy 60, 100 yds south of the intersection of Georgia Hwy 180
in the Blue Ridge Mountains of NE Georgia
2 hours north of Atlanta, Ga ,2.5 hours southeast of Chattanooga, Tn
3 hours south of Knoxville ,Tn , 3.5 hours southwest of Asheville, Nc
GPS co-ordinates 34.68742
-84.02264
WGS 84 DATUM

http://www.twowheelsonly.com/
tmgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 06:25 AM   #6
Sutherngintelmen
around the bend
 
Sutherngintelmen's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: ATL
Oddometer: 1,196
TWO is now closed. Property was inherited by brothers who have it for sale - did not renew lease agreement with TWO. A real loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmgs View Post
1) State / Town / Region
Georgia. Suches,

2) GPS co-ords
hmmmmmmm hwy 60 and 180 NE Georgia Mountains

3) Fee / no fee
12 bucks a night per rider (I think)

4) Features - tables, fire ring, showers, food on fri -night /sat/sunday and rooms sometimes mostlty by reservation

Physical address: 3580 State Hwy 60, Suches GA 30572
located on Georgia Hwy 60, 100 yds south of the intersection of Georgia Hwy 180
in the Blue Ridge Mountains of NE Georgia
2 hours north of Atlanta, Ga ,2.5 hours southeast of Chattanooga, Tn
3 hours south of Knoxville ,Tn , 3.5 hours southwest of Asheville, Nc
GPS co-ordinates 34.68742
-84.02264
WGS 84 DATUM

http://www.twowheelsonly.com/
__________________
There is a pleasure in the pathed woods, There is a rapture in the smoking pipe, There is chaos, where none intrudes, in the deep dell, with its thrills roar; I love not nature less, but bikes the more. Byron riding.

All pics < 6/30/12 deleted by Apple Now with SmugMug supporting ADV
Sutherngintelmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 06:47 AM   #7
Kaneman
Studly Adventurer
 
Kaneman's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Oddometer: 949
Garner State Park

Leakey, Texas

Nice heated showers, electricity, fast wi-fi at the visitors station ( can get it in the parking lot) Beautiful views, lots of wildlife.

10 miles from the three best motorcycling roads in Texas, The "three sisters"

Nice and empty this time of year, will be packed solid during the camping season so make sure to call for reservations.

$15 with no elec, $19 with elec.

Beware of SKUNKS!!
__________________
www.kanemantour.com



Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:34 AM   #8
BeemerChef
Wandering Homeless
 
BeemerChef's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Location: Living under the Stars...
Oddometer: 3,307


This is the rock condo that you will get at "Valley of Fire", Nevada (Arch Campground, the best one!) for $14 a night which also includes the Park's entry fee. Hot showers, head, water, NO power, very nice people. 15 miles from Overton, the city.
Lat 36.25
Long114.33

You can read much more about it here , (a true to form ride report on my website!), feel free with questions, we have been camping for 5 months now... 6 months a year the past 20 years with over a million miles... and I will go back to my favorite spots and start posting them... many free!

If you are coming from the West do the route through Lake Mead National Park!!! 50 miles of pure heavenly riding... have camera and many batteries!!!

BeemerChef screwed with this post 03-01-2007 at 11:42 AM
BeemerChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:04 PM   #9
LongWays
Skiing up a hill...
 
LongWays's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: City of Subdued Excitement.... no really it is!
Oddometer: 5,181
Toad Rock Campground

TOAD ROCK CAMPGROUND

Just North of Nelson BC (that's in Canada)
__________________
If you don't like my sig line - don't read it.
LongWays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:55 AM   #10
Jack90210
mindful
 
Jack90210's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Oddometer: 15,159
I think that Forillon National Park (Gaspe, QC) has been my favorite, but that might be because I was so glad to finally get there. I'll update this post later with details.
__________________

I must say that my son has exposed a reservoir of love and of worry within me that I never knew existed. --nskitts, 9/2/12
Jack90210 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 08:19 PM   #11
Coastalcop
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Oddometer: 51
Lost Maple State Natural Area TEXAS

Kissing cousins to Garner State Park, Beautiful area hot showers is busy during camping season but the folks are so nice (I ended up loaning fleece jackets to a couple who were going out evening hiking and hadnt prepared) Next to some of the best roads in the hill country, less than 8 miles from the motorcycle museum in vanderoot.

Roughly 12 miles of hiking trail (no vehicle, foot only) that is worth a weekend trip by itself.
__________________
The "Copper-Lite Crew", cause some cops are older than Dinosaur Sh*t (look up coprolite if you dont get it)

Never confuse getting lucky with good tactics.... unless you are at the bar
Coastalcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:00 PM   #12
Mr.Mouse
Adventurer
 
Mr.Mouse's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: North of the 49th parallel
Oddometer: 67
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongWays View Post
TOAD ROCK CAMPGROUND

Just North of Nelson BC (that's in Canada)
Definitely a GREAT place to camp. Toad Rock is a well run campground for adults. There happens to be a dual sport rally last weekend in July. The West Kooteneys have some of the best motorcycle roads and forest service roads you are likely to find anywhere.
Attached Images
 
__________________
1993 R100GSPD
1995 R100R
Mr.Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:03 PM   #13
Mr.Mouse
Adventurer
 
Mr.Mouse's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: North of the 49th parallel
Oddometer: 67
Toad Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Mouse View Post
Definitely a GREAT place to camp. Toad Rock is a well run campground for adults. There happens to be a dual sport rally last weekend in July. The West Kooteneys have some of the best motorcycle roads and forest service roads you are likely to find anywhere.
Attached Images
 
__________________
1993 R100GSPD
1995 R100R
Mr.Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 03:16 PM   #14
Arch
Incurable Gearhead
 
Arch's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Location: Katy, TX
Oddometer: 11,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeemerChef
...Arch Campground, the best one!...
Well, duh!
__________________
Arch
Arch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 04:43 PM   #15
Whorepedo
Studly Adventurer
 
Whorepedo's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Decatur, Ga
Oddometer: 501
Hey, thats where me and my old lady got hitched

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeemerChef


This is the rock condo that you will get at "Valley of Fire", Nevada (Arch Campground, the best one!) for $14 a night which also includes the Park's entry fee. Hot showers, head, water, NO power, very nice people. 15 miles from Overton, the city.
Lat 36.25
Long114.33

You can read much more about it here , (a true to form ride report on my website!), feel free with questions, we have been camping for 5 months now... 6 months a year the past 20 years with over a million miles... and I will go back to my favorite spots and start posting them... many free!

If you are coming from the West do the route through Lake Mead National Park!!! 50 miles of pure heavenly riding... have camera and many batteries!!!
__________________
2000 Suzuki TLR; 2012 Yamaha Super Tenere; 2005 XT660R; 1993 TDM850; 1977 Kawi KE175
Whorepedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014