User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2008, 08:44 AM   #1
RedRocket OP
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 18,755
Cars and Coffee

So it seems like "Car Shows I Have Known" week I should tell you about this one. It's just called Cars & Coffee and it happens early every saturday morning in the parking lot of Ford's west coast offices. It's free for everyone, and it's just a bring what you've got kinda thing, and lasts till around 9 am or so.

Typically one or more clubs will organize a gathering. On my first weekend there I arrived to see this:

If all of the colors are too hard to take we can stick with the old standby

Are you a little more old school?

Engine out

Don't like Orange? No problem, how about an SV version in Red?

This picture is a poor representation of the sweet Blue leather job inside

Much nicer than this Purple Diablo with Ostrich skin. Notice too, that more then one person decided that would make a good color for an exotic car.

Enough of the Lambo's you say?

A little jaded after Baldy's thread aren't you. Well my pictures won't be as good, but I have my share of oddballs to display.

How about a Stillen-tweaked Ford GT

I won't bore you with my shitty Bugatti pics, but there was one there. It was a first time for me.

So instead I will show you a very curvy modern rendition of a Bizzarrini- something I had never heard of

An McLaren in captivity

There's a lot going on here

There was a Killer B

This was sweet, and smooth. I wanted to rub myself up against it

Here are few Cobras to whet your appetite.

What can be said?

I didn't see the Bandit anywhere

A broad view

I need to stop for now.
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 08:50 AM   #2
PecosBill
Get off my f'n lawn!

Oddometer: 41,129

Just popped full wood.

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." Friedrich Nietzsche

Save $5 when you open your new SmugMug account, use coupon number: K0vxRpKbulMhM
PecosBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 09:03 AM   #3
Hedge36
Chasing parts.

Oddometer: 43,624
Quote:
Originally Posted by PecosBill
Just popped full wood.
Let's just file that one away under "Things I didn't need to know while job hunting," shall we?
Hedge36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 09:05 AM   #4
PecosBill
Get off my f'n lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedge36
Let's just file that one away under "Things I didn't need to know while job hunting," shall we?

Oh, c'mon... that is very useful information.

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." Friedrich Nietzsche

Save $5 when you open your new SmugMug account, use coupon number: K0vxRpKbulMhM
Old 08-25-2008, 09:03 AM   #5
CodyY
ADVenture Capitalist

Oddometer: 9,461
Note to self: Cars. and. Coffee.

Check.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:55 AM   #6
AKjeff
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,800
I don't remember seeing on of these, what is it please?

Quote:

AKjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 10:34 AM   #7
CA_Strom
Cunning Linguist

Oddometer: 1,999
Shhhhh, you're not supposed to tell anyone about this wonderful free show! Show originally strated out in Crystal Cove on PCH and then had to move because too many found out about it....

Actually, you're 205'd by a few months since I posted this in the West Regional forum..... http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...ht=cars+coffee

I've gone maybe 15 times and never fail to be amazed at the crazy stuff that shows up... Future of this show is somewhat in jeopardy since Ford Sucks and they're closing the PAG site where the show is held. Moving all op's back to Detroit..... Also, a few asshats have ruined the show by doing burnouts, donuts, etc.. on the public streets, jeopardizing the safety of hundreds of spectators. Just ask the guy in the Cobra who wound up in the planter or the guy in the Supra who lost control during a high speed fly-by... Now the Irvine PD is stationed at the exit every week to keep a lid on these antics.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:49 PM   #8
RedRocket OP
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 18,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Strom
Shhhhh, you're not supposed to tell anyone about this wonderful free show! Show originally strated out in Crystal Cove on PCH and then had to move because too many found out about it....

Actually, you're 205'd by a few months since I posted this in the West Regional forum..... http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...ht=cars+coffee

I've gone maybe 15 times and never fail to be amazed at the crazy stuff that shows up... Future of this show is somewhat in jeopardy since Ford Sucks and they're closing the PAG site where the show is held. Moving all op's back to Detroit..... Also, a few asshats have ruined the show by doing burnouts, donuts, etc.. on the public streets, jeopardizing the safety of hundreds of spectators. Just ask the guy in the Cobra who wound up in the planter or the guy in the Supra who lost control during a high speed fly-by... Now the Irvine PD is stationed at the exit every week to keep a lid on these antics.
Look at how long I've been holding these pictures. On that note I had only read about the Vector W2, but that morning I saw 3 of them!
Here's a roadster

A little more homebuilt exotica - a Callaway

A bit of Red. That's a GTO in the foreground.

A Superperformance Ford GT40

Sweet pipes !

I haven't seen an M1 in a long time

Here's some Japanese flavored exotica

A JDM Suzuki Swift

A clump of Datsun roadsters

A clean old Supra
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 07:27 PM   #9
CA_Strom
Cunning Linguist

Oddometer: 1,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocket
Look at how long I've been holding these pictures. On that note I had only read about the Vector W2, but that morning I saw 3 of them!
Okay, I see that you've been holding the photos for over a year, so all is forgiven! Anyhow, this is by far the best "free" weekly car show in CA. You never know what you'll see in term of cars or people. Just about every car freak who's "in the know" in So. CA attends this show. If anyone is in the area, you've got to attend. Saturday mornings, get there by 7 a.m. Grab a nice cup of joe and cruise around looking at all the great cars, trophy wives, and maybe even run into Chip Foose or Jay Leno. It's a very low key event, very little attitude.

My buddy who owns a few Lotus' (Loti?) tells stories of the days when it was a small event in Crystal Cove and the Ferrari drivers would have some best burnout contests exiting the private lot. Those days are gone now that the show has moved to the Peoples Republic of Irvine, but still a great show.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:38 AM   #10
Ride_There
Will ride for bacon.

Oddometer: 3,023
Quote:

I always had a thing for the early vectors.
Ride_There is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:51 AM   #11
PecosBill
Get off my f'n lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKjeff
I don't remember seeing on of these, what is it please?

Lamborghini Muira SV... the holy grail of Lamborghinis.

Old 08-25-2008, 03:39 PM   #12
AKjeff
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,800
Quote:
Thanks Bill, it is beautiful.

AKjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 07:38 PM   #13
dlearl476
Two-bit Throttle Bum

Oddometer: 22,213
Quote:

+1

IMO, exotics never got any better than this.

Quote:
Much nicer than this Purple Diablo with Ostrich skin. Notice too, that more then one person decided that would make a good color for an exotic car.
There's a color combo for 968's that's pretty much universally loathed. It's Purple w/magenta. I haven't found anyone bold (or stupid) enough to post a pic of their car, but here's one of the interior to give you some idea:

My apologies to those of you how just ate.

Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich by promising to protect each from the other. -- Oscar Ameringer
dlearl476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 08:18 PM   #14
boatworker
Slow Old Guy

Oddometer: 500
I used to go to this when it was in Crystal Cove. Neat small show that just kept growing. There are condo's just above the parking lot and I guess the folks that lived there got tired of all the noise early on Saturday mornings. Can't say as I blame them. Wondered where it had moved. Where on Alton is it? Off McArthur?

Thanks,
boatworker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 09:07 AM   #15
VespaFitz
No-good-son-of-a-bitch

Oddometer: 41,051
Quote:
A broad view

I need to stop for now.
Was there a single Mazda there?

AKA "Ham Steak" - Bumfucked Hillbillies MC