ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2008, 04:14 AM   #1
Rob Dirt OP
More or less in line

Oddometer: 2,548
Mobile area riders

Mobile,AL area riders span 3 regional forums. I ride MS, & FL all the time.
Feel free to post up a ride...

Rob Dirt screwed with this post 04-10-2010 at 08:32 PM
Rob Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 05:37 AM   #2
forrestrider
Dont Do Stupid Shit..

Oddometer: 1,739
Ive. rode with nano nice guy but has a f up work times but is a nice guy.
I ALL FOR THE LA RIDERS GETTING TOGETHER
U GOING TO EGLIN THIS WEEK END???
forrestrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 05:40 AM   #3
forrestrider
Dont Do Stupid Shit..

How About This Name For A Group

Dual Sports Of Alabama Or Doa For Short.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:27 AM   #4
forrestrider
Dont Do Stupid Shit..

Sale At The Coleman Outlet In Foley 30% Off Everything
The Exponent Gear Is The Good Stuff For Adv Riders.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:35 PM   #5
Rob Dirt OP
More or less in line

Kevin, I'm going to Eglin early Sat. morning. I'll bring your chair if your going. I have to get back home Sat evening, so I can't stay long at Tony's house (if I even go).
Are you riding Sat?
Old 12-18-2008, 04:00 PM   #6
WoovsHoovs
RUN SILENT

Oddometer: 3,830
Fort Morgan peninsula-I've done both north and south sides offroad-Bay\Gulf all the way to the Fort\Ferry-very nice.

North Baldwin County on 59-lotsa side sandy roads that lead to easy, fun trails.

Gas lines off of 225 in Spanish Fort.

Trails between I-10 & 90....98-27\181
WoovsHoovs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 03:26 PM   #7
Madhouse
Semi-Goodlookin!

Oddometer: 3,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtFreakRob
my KTM is fine. The handguard was bent up about 6", & my foot peg was bent. It's strange how wet mud can still fuck you up when you hit it hard enough.

Thanks for all the well wishes. I'm thinking that I need to change the way I ride to reflect the amount of responsability I have. I'm going to get a proper seat for my short legs & just put around smelling the roses.
KTM riders must "Expertly" ride their machines balls to the wall at all times. And blue motorcycles that have spooky skulls with light shootin out of their eyes on the radiator shields must be ridden just as well. You sir, have a problem smellin roses on machines like that!
Seriously though Rob, I got hurt in Bethel back in 93 on my RM250 and had a "come to Jesus" reality check on the way I ride. Sold everything I got and was off motorcycles for about 6 years before making the promise to ride safer and not to ride like a crazy wild man anymore. So far I'm keeping that promise and sedate machines like the DR are helping me do it. Certainly not for everyone, but works for me.
Get well soon Rob!
Old 10-27-2009, 05:06 PM   #8
great08
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 434
Pics of the Cheaha Ride...

I don't have any good scenery pics. Let me just say that there was some awesome scenery and fall is just coming into full swing up there. I stayed @ the campgrounds right on top of Cheaha. Some of those trees in the area looked like they were on fire their leaves were so bright. From what I understand it can be a lot better though on some years when not so much rain has gone through.

Thurs. morn. after I got off of work I headed up to Enterprise, AL and met up with a retired Army pilot named Sam. He is a nice fellow that I have already been with on a trip before. He has a awesome family and his daughter with 3 grand kids are right next door. So I am acquainted with the whole family and they fed me some good beef stew for dinner.

Not to long after showing up Dan showed up to say hello and make sure everything was good to go for the next day. He is currently a W-5 Warrant officer(only a few ranked that high in the Army) and a nice fellow as well.

Fri. morning we were all outside of Sam's house and ready to roll @ 7am. Here is a pic of my bike over loaded like a pack mule. (Notice the awesome back rest)

It ended up raining on us half of the way there. It was warm enough outside as to not need to add any extra layers other than some Frog Togs to keep dry. The rain felt good but came down so hard @ 1 point that we were having a hard time seeing the road and the rain gear had quit working... so we stopped and had some breakfast and waited to the stacked clouds to blow over. They were gone and the sun was amazingly shining already by the time we were done eating.

After arrival we quickly grabbed the disappearing camping spots and set up camp. So neighbor campers were there making conversation with us so we had the opportunity to grab a group photo. Left to right is me(Marty), Sam, and Dan.

There were several meet and greet opportunities. The DDS group had lunch and dinner set up for us every day. Had drawings for door prises even. That reminds me!!!.... I have a KTM cup and a KTM T-shirt that I don't need if you want them Rob??? I used the cup only once to mix a few rum and cokes. No orange kool-aid though. lol

Just two brothers from Kentucky we were talking to for a while. Nice fellows...

The views on top of the mountain were absolutely wonderful. If staying there I would make a res. in advance as they were booked out solid for the next few weeks. I don't know if it is always like that.

The dirt roads were in good conditions with some surprises thrown in there for the big bike section and a whole lot more challenging stuff in there for you if you don't skip the hard sections. There was one section to where you have two choices... either a jeep mud hole that apparently was deep enough to swim in(on guy swam after loosing his bike) or a small canyon type whole that you have to climb out of on the other side... or you can just take the main road around the section by following the "Big Bike Bypass" on the Route Sheet.

One more pic for now. Hope to find some more later...

EDIT: Here is a link to some good pics!!! http://forum.dixiedualsport.com/post?id=3761825

great08 screwed with this post 10-27-2009 at 05:14 PM
great08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 07:45 PM   #9
Rob Dirt OP
More or less in line

Quote:
Originally Posted by great08
I have a KTM cup and a KTM T-shirt that I don't need if you want them Rob??? I used the cup only once to mix a few rum and cokes. No orange kool-aid though. lol]
Sure thing Marty. I'll take those when I can walk again. Thanks, Rob

Glad you had a good time.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:19 PM   #10
spntshell
What! Where??!

Oddometer: 386
Hey

Hey gimpy are you sure you don’t need the crutches I have? Get well !! Take a guess why I needed crutches....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtFreakRob
Sure thing Marty. I'll take those when I can walk again. Thanks, Rob

Glad you had a good time.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:14 PM   #11
Rob Dirt OP
More or less in line

Quote:
Originally Posted by spntshell
Hey gimpy are you sure you don’t need the crutches I have? Get well !! Take a guess why I needed crutches....
I can't use crutches, because I hurt my shoulder on the same side as my knee injury. Thanks for the offer.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:59 PM   #12
uglydog
n00b

Oddometer: 7
I am go into take a dual sport ride in Baldwin county at the end of the month starting from Wilcox and zigzag on as much dirt as possible thew Loxley, truck trail17 ,Stockton,Seranage and end up at this cool cave above Uriah.I will need to get in touch with Tony the House of speed to help me with the route .Maybe I can get a few of the others that I haven't road with in a while to join .I will post more as the plan develops .Anyone that wants to ride with us are welcome.
uglydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 08:10 PM   #13
hooknup
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 263
When you get ready to take the trek let us know because there area several of us that have been talking abou the same journey. Keep us posted and lets do it.

09 530 exc - great bike SOLD

1969 Honda Ct-70 (Late night yard basher)
hooknup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:29 PM   #14
mrprez
KJ4WMZ

Oddometer: 1,265
Some people just don't have a clue. Did she say anything to justify her parking skills?
Old 10-19-2011, 01:34 PM   #15
spntshell
What! Where??!

Oddometer: 386
No she just went off on me for taking the picture????, and I told her she could find the pic on this site and south alabama motorcycle society web site too with a tone I might add thats when she locked the doors

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprez View Post
Some people just don't have a clue. Did she say anything to justify her parking skills?