User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2008, 07:00 PM   #1
openboatt OP
Don't harsh my mellow

Oddometer: 276
Southwest Moto

I just canceled an order for just shy of 400 bucks with Southwest Moto Tires. Here’s why. After I received confirmation of my order for 3 tires, I responded with the following message:

This information is correct. Kindly do not sell my name and contact information, including my street or email address. Thank you. tjs

This is a standard request I make of anyone I do business with online and if you don’t want junk mail or spam, you should too. Get a load of the response I got back from someone named blaine (sic) at Southwest Moto:

WE have been in business since Jan 1 of 2000 and have never sold, or given away any customer information. We do not store your information for future orders nor do we email you for sales or other crap. We did not solicit your business this time nor will we in the future. YOu found us, not the other way around.If you are as good as we are then you do not have to seek out business, it will find you. If you want us again , we will still be here. You will only hear from us if we hear from you first.
Thanks for your order and have a merry Christmas which is a day of celebration of the Birth of Christ.

blaine

Happy Holidays, blaine.
openboatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 07:03 PM   #2
Jim Bud
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,439
I have no problem with your or their response.....at least someone read it....can't say that for most places you order from....

BTW, I will be placing another order with them on Friday.....

Merry Christmas....

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character......give him power".....Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 07:12 PM   #3
izzy's
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 298
It looks like Southwest Moto is the perfect company for you to do business with. This fellow was telling you that they are exactly what you want. What in the world wadded your panties so tight?
izzy's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 08:13 PM   #4
GSA GIRL
2010 R1200GS Adv.

Oddometer: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy's
It looks like Southwest Moto is the perfect company for you to do business with. This fellow was telling you that they are exactly what you want. What in the world wadded your panties so tight?
Copy That! SW Moto Rocks!
GSA GIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 08:37 PM   #5
MJS
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,838
And the issue is?

I must be missing something. You didn't want them to share your info. And they said they don't / won't. Seems that's what you wanted / asked for.

PS: SW Moto has always done right by me.

Merry Christmas (which is the celebration of the birth of Christ), Happy Hanuka (celebration of Light) or if like me you're not particularly religious, Happy New Year.

http://www.blackswanmoto.com
MJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 09:11 PM   #6
Gezerbike
Hey Rocky...........

Oddometer: 3,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy's

I gonna go out on a limb here and suspect you were still at your X-Mas Party, pooched, when you wrote them, and then posted that. Hint, say yes, and use it as an easy way out of this.

Mike

2012 R 1200 GS RALLYE

Gezerbike screwed with this post 12-24-2008 at 10:27 PM
Gezerbike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 09:25 PM   #7
CollinsB
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 978
I don't see any harm in Blaines response(?)

Just me but, even had he said "Don't worry shithead, we won't sell your info" .... I would have been cool. I like thier stealthy service!
CollinsB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 10:12 PM   #8
Desertbilly
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,069
Yeah, I'm with the others. I think you're reading too much into this. He's just saying he's agreeing with you, and pointing out that they didn't do anything pushy to solicit you in the first place. I think this is exactly the kind of dealer you want to be dealing with.

But, there are plenty of places to buy tires. Do whatever you want.
Desertbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 07:26 AM   #9
2slow
Road toad

Oddometer: 456
So, just what are you complaining about? I, and a dozen others, can't find anything in the SW Moto reply that should cause offense, at least not to a rational person...
2slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 11:51 AM   #10
ztrab
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 681
Fugettaboutit

You'd have to know blaine to appreciate his curmudgeon humor. He is FIGMO anyway, now he can come and play with the rest of us.
05 ZX 10 Track bike - (see above)
06 GSXR 600 Track Bike -ditto above :-)
06 525 EXC
06 525 EXC motard
07 12 GS for Jr. with a brand new motor12/09!
06 525 EXC for Jr., new motor, ugh
09 690 Enduro R... I know, I know
ztrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 11:53 AM   #11
Southernmost_Paul
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 320
Seems to be posting this rant eveywhere he can. Same bitching on the Pelican forum this morning too.

Must work for the competition.
Southernmost_Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 12:50 PM   #12
Clutch
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
SW Moto Tires

Sarcasm just doesn't come across on e-mail. Blaine was just being sarcastic...snap out of it! I had a friend order a new KTM seat from a local dealer and after he fitted the seat on his bike complained that it was too hard. The dealer told him to go buy a Gold Wing! Sarcasm! It came across better in person.
Old 12-25-2008, 09:41 PM   #13
KSJEEPER
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,347
Who gives a shit about SPAM, doesn't everyone alive have some hotmail or yahoo acct just for ordering stuff and providing various places online?

And this was probably the ONLY time anyone has ever read the 'please don't give out my email' schtick. The way we get stuff cheap online? Automation... humans aren't reading that shit 99.9999% of the time. This time was the exception, and the guy had a sense of humor

It might just be me, but their response sort of makes me wish I needed tires, so I could order from 'em again
KSJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 05:24 AM   #14
jsimmons
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
That response would not have bothered me. Amazing he took the time out to answer you honestly. When I owned a BMW dealership he could sell a tire, delivered, to a customer at times cheaper than my wholesale cost. Made me look bad and there was nothing I could do about it. His service was great according to what was my customers. He took a lot of money out of my pcket, but got to respect a good business man. Would not bother me to buy tires from them today at all. Never heard anyting but good reports on them.
Fiddle player
Fry Cook
jsimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 07:12 PM   #15
marty hill
The Energizer Bunny

Oddometer: 4,196
Sorry, but I don't see the problem. I've ordered at least 17 sets of tires from them. Oh, and I hope losing your order doesn't put them out of business.

Semper Paratus
marty hill is offline   Reply With Quote