ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2009, 11:26 PM   #1
Spaniard OP
Confined Traveler

Oddometer: 67
Cool2 Palouse Riders

I am a Moscow resident looking to meet some people that live here on the Palouse. I don't always have a lot of free time and that can make it hard to make plans for rides far in advance and travel several hours to meet with others to go on a ride. I would like to meet some local riders with the hope that it will be easier to organize rides on short notice. Just looking for any and all that want to occasionally get together on the weekends for rides to explore a little of northern Idaho. If you are interested make a post so that others can see and drop me a PM since I don't frequently check these threads.

UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE!

There has been some interest in the email list and in hopes of making people feel more comfortable about adding their name to it I think it might be sensible to establish some rules/guidlines so that people don't regret doing so and also to keep emails from anyone else on the list legitimate.

1. The email list will just be used to inform others of rides and not to pass along junk mail.

If you are comfortable with this send me a PM with your email address. There seems to be a growing response to this thread and although your email address will not be posted publicly it will be disseminated among other members of the list so that you can be informed by any of them about a ride. Or, if you want to organize a ride it is for you to inform everyone else. Once again, the sole purpose of this is to help us link up with local riders and enjoy the very thing that brought us all here. Motorcycles!

Current E Listers:
Mr. Vintage
Spaniard
IDScarecrow
sideboiler
75monza
Leftystocks
Phantom30
soebutt

and growing.....

Spaniard screwed with this post 05-16-2009 at 10:23 PM
Spaniard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 03:27 AM   #2
Idarider
R1200GS

Oddometer: 1,987
The Bistro, Clarkston, Wa.

On Saturday March 7 there is a breakfast meeting of the area BMW riders and everyone else who wants to come.
The meeting will be at The Bistro restuarant 407 Bridge Street in Clarkston Washington. Bridge street is hwy 12 through Clarkston and the restuarant is on the south side of the street across from Albertson's grocery store.
There are riders who come from St Maries , Kamiah, Moscow, and Pendleton and Wallowa, Oregon so come by if you like. . If the weather is good enough to ride I know there is at least one ride starting from there about 11 am and at least one Moscow resident going.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:37 AM   #3
TedsGlobeStomper
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 188
I was in Lewiston yesterday it was 64 degrees of heaven. rode 95 from Post falls. spiral hiway. little rain not too bad. 38 degrees in post falls on return. allways up for a ride if the phone no ringy...
TedsGlobeStomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 07:17 PM   #4
Phoenix101
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 730
Clarkston

Two BMW riders here in Clarkston... but right now we are spending all of our time on the Ski-Doos but later we are in
Phoenix101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:25 PM   #5
Mr. Vintage
Family Dude

Oddometer: 850
Greetings fellow palouse-ite. My time is similarly limited, so great idea. As with everthing else in my life, I've been meaning to make it to one of the Lewiston (or Spokane) gatherings and it has never worked out.

I have short ride in mind for this weekend (backroads to Steptoe Butte), but I'm not sure if or when it's going to materialize yet. Saturday maybe?
Old 02-25-2009, 05:37 AM   #6
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Vintage
Greetings fellow palouse-ite. My time is similarly limited, so great idea. As with everthing else in my life, I've been meaning to make it to one of the Lewiston (or Spokane) gatherings and it has never worked out.

I have short ride in mind for this weekend (backroads to Steptoe Butte), but I'm not sure if or when it's going to materialize yet. Saturday maybe?
Hi Mr. Vintatage
Let us know if you are able to make it up the Butte.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 06:06 PM   #7
sideboiler
n00b

Oddometer: 3
New guy here. I have an '09 KLR 650 with 500 miles on it and am interested in some local rides, weather and time permitting. On Monday, I went down Wawawaii Canyon, then along the Snake River, up Steptoe Canyon and back to Pullman. Later that day I rode to Palouse, then down the north fork of the Palouse River to Colfax and up the south fork of the Palouse River and around the west end of Kamiak Butte while trying to avoid the rain clouds. I'm looking forward to better weather.
sideboiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 08:07 PM   #8
Mr. Vintage
Family Dude

Oddometer: 850
Welcome! The palouse riders are coming out of the woodwork...

I'd love to go for a ride sometime soon, but I'm on daddy daycare detail all this weekend. But don't let me stop you!
Old 03-19-2009, 01:19 AM   #9
Spaniard OP
Confined Traveler

Oddometer: 67
Thumb Welcome sideboiler

Well if you are up for a ride sideboiler, let me know. I think that this is the worst spring break ever. My wife is out of town for some dance classes and I have all this time on my hands to go riding but the weather has just been uncooperative. It just makes me sick. Excuse me while I throw up.............................................. Anyway, if you are up for a ride anytime this week or this weekend, let me know.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:05 PM   #10
75monza
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 329
Pick me.

I will put my name in the pot. I am still a local (again). I actually live in Palouse now, just moved over from Moscow in December.

I have a KTM for my go anywhere bike and a GSX for the street. More than williing to go riding whenever/where ever.

I have only gone about 300 miles so far this year though. It is still early and I can't wait for the weather to get better.
75monza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:12 PM   #11
Live2Ride
Not Famous

Oddometer: 3,873
You guys should ride up to Rockford and have lunch at Fred Necks. I could ride down on Robins 250 Ninja and meet you.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:08 AM   #12
kimel
I hit what?

Oddometer: 210
We seem to be reverting to a prior season. Unhappy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
kimel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:33 PM   #13
kimel
I hit what?

Oddometer: 210
I have my insurance tied with my car and truck and running around $600 for my Versys 650 full coverage. First year was about $1k, dropped second and third years and holding steady now.

There is a discount for completing a rider safety course and I'm told you can repeat or take an advanced course and get that discount every couple years. Have not verified with my agent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
kimel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:57 PM   #14
Idarider
R1200GS

Oddometer: 1,987
Pies

I was suposed to be turkey hunting and a variety of things kept me at home today, so I baked my first pies ever. Phyllis had hacked a chunk out of the blueberry a few seconds after the picture, still warm.

Phyllis says scrumpsillyumtious, or something like that.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:21 PM   #15
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,768
So what time do I come over for pie. It looks really good. I didn't realize you were so talented.
sorebutt is offline   Reply With Quote