Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 09:49 AM   #1
Goride OP
ISR adventurer

Oddometer: 268
The Israeli Explorers

Hello friends!
I've been reading ADV for quite some time, enjoying from almost every post I encounter. The wonderful stories and pictures that riders post always toke my imagination and dreams far from here.
I always wanted a bulky Varadero, but finally realized that what I really want is an Africa Twin, so two years ago I bought 2000 AT, and start riding both road and gravel.

Apparently, many people are riding the world but unfortunately they don't get to ride in Israel.
It is probably because many people hear mostly bad news coming from this region concerning politics and military. I assume that there are those that cannot point on Israel over the world map.
Therefore, I thought it might interest ADV members to read stories and have pictures from this tiny country.

Few words about myself: my name is Eldad Greenfield, 27 year old architecture student, live today in Tel Aviv with my GF, paying ALOT for my 2 bedroom rented apartment (prices in Tel Aviv just rise high no matter recession).

Since my friends and I ride almost every week, I will update this thread regularly, bring you the stories, reports and pictures from our riding in Israel. Maps and references will follow the text for your convenience.

This is a general view of Israel and its sorroundings:
Old 04-18-2009, 10:04 AM   #2
marcopolo27
The Tiny Ship was Tossed!

Oddometer: 160
Count me in! Looking forward to the report, pics, and maps!
Old 04-18-2009, 10:12 AM   #3
#1Fan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 678
I'm ready too!
Everyone should be so lucky as to be able to ride a motorbike through the Himalayas.
Old 04-18-2009, 10:23 AM   #4
GSgal
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 779
Excellent, Eldad! I bought my first bike in Israel many years ago, and found it was a wonderful country for motorcycling. It will be fun to see it again, this time through your eyes and camera. Can't wait for your posts!
Old 04-18-2009, 10:32 AM   #5
drdirty
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
count me in!!
Old 04-18-2009, 10:40 AM   #6
Nata Harli
The Accidental Tourista

Oddometer: 2,515
I'm looking forward to this! Great idea.

No, it's not a Harley , it's a BMW.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:43 AM   #7
tundrawolf
Desert Rat V Star

Oddometer: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goride
Hello friends!
I've been reading ADV for quite some time, enjoying from almost every post I encounter. The wonderful stories and pictures that riders post always toke my imagination and dreams far from here.
I always wanted a bulky Varadero, but finally realized that what I really want is an Africa Twin, so two years ago I bought 2000 AT, and start riding both road and gravel.

Apparently, many people are riding the world but unfortunately they don't get to ride in Israel.
It is probably because many people hear mostly bad news coming from this region concerning politics and military. I assume that there are those that cannot point on Israel over the world map.
Therefore, I thought it might interest ADV members to read stories and have pictures from this tiny country.

Few words about myself: my name is Eldad Greenfield, 27 year old architecture student, live today in Tel Aviv with my GF, paying ALOT for my 2 bedroom rented apartment (prices in Tel Aviv just rise high no matter recession).

Since my friends and I ride almost every week, I will update this thread regularly, bring you the stories, reports and pictures from our riding in Israel. Maps and references will follow the text for your convenience.

This is a general view of Israel and its sorroundings:
I love Israel. If I could take my wolf there I'd love to make it my home. I have nothing but respect for Israelis.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:28 AM   #8
driller
Twist and Go

Oddometer: 1,219
2011 PCX 125
2006 Fly 150 "BlowFly 200"
Old 09-09-2009, 07:12 AM   #9
Goride OP
ISR adventurer

Hi friends!
Last week we had a short but joyful ride down south to the Kana'im vally, near Metsada. Usually we ride on Friday, but in the coming couple of weeks I would not be able to have the vacant time needed (I work with kids as scouting counselor. Therefore, we decided at the last minute to ride on Thursday.
Full rounded white moon produced another good reason to press the ignition button.

The red stripe shows our general route:

This time, we had new company with us: Roi - riding 2008 Kawasaki KLE500 - conntacted me throw one of the riders forums.
Also Aviv joined us. Aviv, a good friend of VavooRR, riding a week old WR250SM.
Shira and Yoav also came, and with all those people we start riding south at about 18:00.

This is a closer view of the area near Arad, showing the gravel track we took.

Old 09-09-2009, 07:41 AM   #10
Goride OP
ISR adventurer

The two wheel parking area in my building I'm going to ride this VN900 one day! My steed is loaded up with a sleeping bag and my "special coffee kit".

Meeting Yoav and Aviv. Notice that Yoav usually match his boots color with his shirt...

Our first stop at Beit-Kama, near Be'er Sheva city, at some dirty old fuel station. While riding we had wonderful sunset which sadly I couldn't take picture of.
Moon rised, big, rounded and surprisingly white.

Only now I have noticed the blue WC room door designed like smiling face...HAHA....

The store behind sales French Crape with any kind of topping one might dream of....Yammi....

"...I'm bored! let's ride!..."
Old 09-09-2009, 07:55 AM   #11
Goride OP
ISR adventurer

Aviv, Roi, Yoav and one women very concentrated in cleaning her helmet.

Still cleaning...

Old 09-09-2009, 09:25 AM   #12
Goride OP
ISR adventurer

Some wind started and it become bit chilly. Clearly the winter is closing by.
Roads were empty and dark.
We stopped at the town of Arad for small shopping (tuna salad, pasta, couple onions, tomatos, and beers of course).
Leaving Arad and heading east for Metsada, we looked of some gravel. It is a full moon night and we're here for the dark! The twisted road from Arad leads to nowhere and ends in the Metsada mountain site.

Finally we found the gravel path takes north into Zte'elim river.

We wanted to ride this path untill no human-made light could be seen.
Aviv fall once. Those SM tyres don't fit the surface....at least his bike is light in weight.

and then it happened.
While riding I could hear glass broken.
2 liters of beer went down the path...

Goride screwed with this post 09-09-2009 at 12:31 PM
Old 09-22-2009, 11:22 PM   #13
lukasteam
Life is beautiful !!!

Oddometer: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goride
Aviv, Roi, Yoav and one women very concentrated in cleaning her helmet.

Still cleaning...

That helmet must have been reeeeeaaaaally dirty !!!
Old 10-27-2009, 02:09 AM   #14
branac
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
Hello. My name is Branko,. I'm 59 years old and I'm planning for long time to travel with my wife Irena (58) on the motorcycle to Israel. I carry beautiful memories from Israel because I worked there 16 years ago(Ashkelon). Now, when I see fotos(riyalf) from the trip (Cyprus-Turkey-Bulgaria) I'm shure that I will achieve my dream to see this beautiful country once again. I know that there is a boat connection between Israel(Haifa, Ashdod) and Turkey(Izmir), but I can't seem to find any other information, so I would be grateful if you could help me and perhaps find out the name of the company which sails on the line and eventually the price for two people+motorcycle. Thank you. Branko from Croatia.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:35 AM   #15
Ide508
Easy Does It...

Oddometer: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by branac
but I can't seem to find any other information, so I would be grateful if you could help me and perhaps find out the name of the company which sails on the line and eventually the price for two people+motorcycle. Thank you. Branko from Croatia.
Bevakasha

Better late than never hey? This company will take you there, kind of expensive though! 5 days at sea stopping in Piraeus & Alexandria.

Neptunia Cruises & Ferries
Service Deutschland +49 700 - 63788642 (14 ct/Min aus dtsch. Festnetz)
Telefon Direkt: +49 - (0)89 - 896073 67
Telefax: +49 89 - 84933 656 oder +49 89 896647 37
E-Mail: karin.hellauer@neptunia.de Web: www.neptunia.de

They run a boat on a weekly basis from Monfalcone Italy to Ashod or Haďfa.
Closed Thread