Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-30-2009, 09:04 PM   #1
stormdog OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 284
60 csx wraps before full

My 60 CSX will start clearing the begining of the current track even with the indicator only showing less then 60% full. It even does it with the wrap when full function turned off. It is still saving the whole track to the SD card . I am running it cleaned out of all way points tracks and routes at the begining of each ride ?????
stormdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:23 PM   #2
SnowMule
[angry moth noises]

Oddometer: 17,870
on the Map page... Menu, Setup Map, Tracks, Track Points
Do you have 10000 in there or some other number?
SnowMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 11:01 PM   #3
mcnut
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,337
What SnowMule said! Default is like 3000 points. They are there just not displayed. Reset to the 10k track capacity to see the whole track.

I'm not sure why Garmin used 3k as the default or even felt the need to allow the user to change the value.

Bruce
mcnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:14 AM   #4
Countdown
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,900
Are you saying that the % display is based on 10,000 no matter what setting is?

I had noticed that I couldn't see full track log on screen but when I uploaded (active log not data card) to PC it was there? I thought I had changed color during ride or something.

No matter, I never get to 100% or start wrapping in any two day ride.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:03 AM   #5
stormdog OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 284
Changed from 3000 to 10000 I will give that a try
stormdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:46 PM   #6
SnowMule
[angry moth noises]

Oddometer: 17,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countdown
Are you saying that the % display is based on 10,000 no matter what setting is?
Yeah, wouldn't surprise me if that were the case. If you have a few saved logs, those are going to eat into the same space (10k point limit) that the active log will be saved in; so it makes sense to view that % as total space available rather than just the active log.

My old GPS12 only had 1024 points, I could fill that in half a day's riding. Even 3k's better than that, but I bet a good day's riding could fill that too. I believe that 3k default is there so you can display other tracklogs and not run out of space. Sort of a feature-enabling limit if you will.

That being said, I keep mine at 10k and dump the data to the computer when I get home.

Another nice note... in the Track log page, with logging "On" and the marker on "On", pressing "Enter" will put a in the GPX file. I use that to mark segments on the trail, makes it easier to pick out of the tracklog than setting a waypoint.
SnowMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:05 PM   #7
tbirdsp
REMF

Oddometer: 8,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowMule
Yeah, wouldn't surprise me if that were the case. If you have a few saved logs, those are going to eat into the same space (10k point limit) that the active log will be saved in; so it makes sense to view that % as total space available rather than just the active log.
Not true, the 10,000-point active log memory is separate from the twenty 500-point saved log slots.

Also, I think the setting you mentioned just sets how many points are displayed, not how many can actually be in the track. No reason to not set it to 10,000 though AFAIK.

stormdog, are you sure you aren't looking at the dispaly which tells how full your data card is rather than the one that shows how full the active log is?

How do you know it's clearing the beginning of the track? By looking at the current active log on the GPS screen? If so, it could just be the "number of points displayed" setting already mentioned. If you download the active log (NOT the .gpx file) to your computer is everything still there?
http://www.reddeliciousband.com

tbirdsp screwed with this post 07-31-2009 at 01:12 PM
tbirdsp is offline   Reply With Quote