User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2009, 03:40 AM   #1
Dr Jim OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 500
FS, Fleabay, & CL stuff goes here!

I believe that the moderators still loathe, abjure, and despise links to eBay listings - so I'll just sort of casually mention, quietly, out of the corner of my mouth - while appearing to be reading 'GSPOT"

PSSST! Hey Buddy - there's a pretty well sorted-out BMW F650 (year2000 Funduro, Aprillia manufactured, with carbs) with matching Velorex 562 rig up on eBay for the next two days.

The bike has reasonably low miles (under 10K) and the install looks competent, although I don't recognise the subframe used. and am slightly puzzled that the installer chose to mount the steering damper on the bike's left side, rather than the more typical right-side placement where the chair protects it.

The bid price is a bit stiff, but not unreasonable for a very clean rig in good mechanical shape that's been sorted out.

I've gleeped some pics and rehosted them, not very big, but the rig does look nice:

Wife Katherine has put about 15K on our F650/Ural combo, and it's been a stone reliable city commuter with realistic pretensions to running the super-slab (with the Ural's windshield folded down I've seen 89 MPH on the GPS, and cruised comfortably in the high 70's for several hours at a time). With the lighter and more areodynamic Velorex, this should be a decent performing sidehack combo.

Our bike now has clocked over 50K miles, about half those pulling a 275Lb sidecar, I finally replaced the clutch last month, but it feels like it's willing to go another 50K.

With all of the folks muttering "I've just GOTTA find a hack fer to carry the dog, the beer, and the ole lady (not neccessarily in that order, sometimes the beer comes first, and sometimes they can ride together - if your dog drinks beer ....) someone should give this rig a happy, new home.

Cheers

Jim
Dr Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:49 AM   #2
cactakla
n00balicious

Oddometer: 42
Arctic Gear Up for sale

I have no affiliation with this bike.....

I was at Velocity Motors in Richmond, VA looking at Urals. They have an Arctic Gear Up available, although not advertised on their site.

Apparently they've advertised it on the Ural board as well.

Don't know any info beyond that, although since I keep seeing folks drool over the though of owning one, I thought I'd pass it on.
cactakla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 09:21 AM   #3
Spicy McHaggis
Darth Peach's cracker...

Oddometer: 3,789
Talking

It's a well known fact that the Arctic GearUps are by far the toughest ones out there...

Old 02-24-2009, 05:43 PM   #4
Bozola
Complete Bastard

Oddometer: 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicy McHaggis
It's a well known fact that the Arctic GearUps are by far the toughest ones out there...
Almost. Everyone knows Nato-Camo Gear-Ups are tougher and prettier, too.

Quote:
Over the course of the next couple of weeks, I'm going to merge them into this thread unless the thread has opened to a discussion.

Please help me out.
Does starting a flame war count? ;)

2007 Gear-Up "Skwural"
Inflatable Banana
Bozola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:00 AM   #5
AceRph
Affluenza Free!

Oddometer: 24,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozola
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceRph
Over the course of the next couple of weeks, I'm going to merge them into this thread unless the thread has opened to a discussion.
Does starting a flame war count? ;)
Yes!

“We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer.” —”Extreme Behavior in Aspen,” February 3, 2003

"The State sees the spectre looming ahead of terrorism and anarchy, and this increases the risk of its over-reaction and a reduction in our freedom." - Stanley Kubrick
AceRph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 07:01 PM   #6
Ray R
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 704
K1200LTC with Hannigan

I know where there's a 2001 BMW K1200LTC with a Hannigan Astro 2+2 sidecar rig. Looks to have pretty low miles. It's listed on Portland's Craigslist with photos.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:45 AM   #7
Scott Davis
Which way did they go?

Oddometer: 665
FS & CL stuff goes here!

Ural Info:

2006 Ural Tourist with Side Car. Titled as new bike in November 2007.
Bike has just over 6k miles and runs like new.

Gloss black paint and chrome trimmings. Looks great. Some minor paint chips and scratches from normal riding.

Bikes comes with a home built Camo Trailer and hitch for all your camping pleasure, or to haul guns to the firing range as I used it for.

Asking: $7900 obo

PM if interested!

Scott
Concord, NC

Photos from the Tenn TAT last Fall.

Scott Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 08:00 AM   #8
AceRph
Affluenza Free!

Oddometer: 24,554
FS & CL stuff goes here!

Most of the other forums don't allow CL or Fleabay links in or FS outside of Flea Market.

Since Hacks are a small and sort of specialized portion of the ADV continuum, I've been leaving them intact, but there are increasing number of those kinds of posts & putting them in one place seems like a good idea to make it easier for a hack pilot (or potential one) to find them.

Please help me out.

Thanks. Ace

“We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer.” —”Extreme Behavior in Aspen,” February 3, 2003

"The State sees the spectre looming ahead of terrorism and anarchy, and this increases the risk of its over-reaction and a reduction in our freedom." - Stanley Kubrick
AceRph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 03:57 PM   #9
idea man
Plate Spinner

Oddometer: 2,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceRph
Most of the other forums don't allow CL or Fleabay links in or FS outside of Flea Market.

Since Hacks are a small and sort of specialized portion of the ADV continuum, I've been leaving them intact, but there are increasing number of those kinds of posts & putting them in one place seems like a good idea to make it easier for a hack pilot (or potential one) to find them.

Please help me out.

Thanks. Ace
Thanks. Been looking a lot lately. Nice to be able to consolidate the effort.
[*]'06 1150 GSA Thread: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=375824[*]'06 1150 GSA SE Registry: http://www.ericsyn.com/2006bmwr1150gsadv.html[*]Great Ride North, Alaska/Yukon '09 http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=494846[/LIST]
idea man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 09:16 AM   #10
Sidecar Sarge
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 169
New Price

Asking price for my rig, shown earlier in this thread, is now $10,000 but, as before, I will consider offers.

Sarge
Old 03-10-2009, 06:19 PM   #11
riderdog
n00b

Oddometer: 1
1999 Ural BC Sidecar Rig FS

1999 Ural Bavarian Classic sidecar rig. Electric start with REVERSE. New tune-up, battery, fluid changes, runs great. 10K miles. Factory tool kit, pump, manual, etc. Sidecar windshield and tonneau cover. Rides great. Only flaw on the rig is a dent in the sidecar nose, easily fixed. Email hensley.wayne@millercoors.com or call 513-464-1882 or 513-594-5378.
riderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 07:32 PM   #12
Bar None
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,940
Craigslist Find. 1958 BMW R60 with sidecar - $4950 (Fort Lauderdale FL)

http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/mcy/1068467919.html
Not mine but thought that you might be interested.
2014 Ice Bear PBZ110-1P Z50 clone monkey sidecar
2014 Sky Team MC-D34 CT70 clone
Bar None is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 01:19 PM   #13
BuellGrrrl
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 287
Don't give that awesome rig away!

Even if you can't do any long trips with it, there's nothing that says you can't just ride it around the neighborhood!
BuellGrrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:14 PM   #14
Sidecar Sarge
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuellGrrrl
Even if you can't do any long trips with it, there's nothing that says you can't just ride it around the neighborhood!
I've got the Ural Retro for that. It would be a waste of a good high-speed rig that someone could put to use for what it was designed.

Sarge
Old 03-11-2009, 04:59 PM   #15
uraldog
vagabond

Oddometer: 405
that Retro will go anywhere the beamer would --just not as fast-- but when your on the Retro your to busy enjoying the ride to to care how fast you get there just keep ridin Sarge
uraldog is offline   Reply With Quote