User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2009, 06:17 PM   #1
AnnieGS OP
Namasté, bitches!

Oddometer: 29,555
Upcoming Trials Events

Post your upcoming Trials events here - I'll tweeze the old ones out after a while so the list stays fresh.
AnnieGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 06:36 AM   #2
tilliejacques
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 304
US Nationals schedule

AMA/NATC schedule:
Round 1,2.....Tishomingo, OK.....May 1,2
Round 3,4.....Exeter, RI............June 19,20
Round 5,6.....Cayuta, NY..........June 26,27
Round 7,8.....Cotopaxi, CO........July 24,25
Round 9,10...Donner, CA...........July 31, August 1

The NATC is the 2009 AMA Off-Road Organizer of the Year!

US Youth Nationals schedule:
East.........TTC Sequatchie, TN..July 2,3,4
West........ITS Las Vegas, NM....July 17,18,19
tilliejacques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 06:51 AM   #3
tilliejacques
Gnarly Adventurer

2010 SPEA FIM World Championships

SPEA FIM

Calendar
IMNDateManifestationPlaceCountry
302/0118/04/10SPEA FIM TRIAL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP SPAIN/ESPAGNEBaionaES
302/0224/04/10SPEA FIM TRIAL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP PORTUGALPaços de FerreiraPT
302/0305/06/10SPEA FIM TRIAL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP JAPAN/JAPONMotegiJP
302/0426/06/10SPEA FIM TRIAL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP GREAT BRITAIN/GRANDE-BRETAGNEFort WilliamGB
302/0511/07/10SPEA FIM TRIAL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP FRANCESt-Michel de MaurienneFR
302/0618/07/10SPEA FIM TRIAL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP SAN MARINO/SAINT MARINBaldasseronaSM
302/0725/07/10SPEA FIM TRIAL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP ITALY/ITALIEFoppoloIT
302/0805/09/10SPEA FIM TRIAL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP CZECH REPUBLIC/REPUBLIQUE TCHEQUEKramolinCZ
Old 04-11-2010, 08:00 PM   #4
OaklandStrom
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,612
How spectator friendly is the event at Donner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilliejacques
AMA/NATC schedule:
Round 1,2.....Tishomingo, OK.....May 1,2
Round 3,4.....Exeter, RI............June 19,20
Round 5,6.....Cayuta, NY..........June 26,27
Round 7,8.....Cotopaxi, CO........July 24,25
Round 9,10...Donner, CA...........July 31, August 1

The NATC is the 2009 AMA Off-Road Organizer of the Year!

US Youth Nationals schedule:
East.........TTC Sequatchie, TN..July 2,3,4
West........ITS Las Vegas, NM....July 17,18,19
OaklandStrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:21 AM   #5
Sting32
Trials Evangelist

Oddometer: 1,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFO#1
I plan going to the event in OK but also haven't found much info. anyone?
Ok, Here is the skinny on how to find BIG events like the Nationals (as well as clubs) This is the sanctioning body for trials in the USA http://www.natctrials.org/

The event in oklahoma is rounds 1&2 of 10 rounds of the nationals, held at 5 different locations in the USA.

/begin rant... {Not changing any words in this post, but I am highlighting the parts I think are misread}

Fortunately, if you go there to NATC.org, and find the Blue Schedule button, they have the 1st 2 locations with links to VERY sparse information for each location. {IMHO} It should have a link (when available) to the local clubs website! but we'll see if they can do that or not. (this part was written after I typed below at same color text)
/end rant

As I type, I regret to say that IMHO this is terrible truth in this day and age, but it is all volunteer work as clubs dont pay people to maintain websites, just so you know. Trials {thank god} isnt a profit center for anyone unlike big motocross, which is good because it really isnt an expensive sport either. But it leaves it up to volunteers to do what high paid advertising people do pretty well... Someday maybe RedBull will be interested in our amature sport, who knows.

{But Im gonna see if I can rattle NATC to put more information there, at least for the texhoma website, I dont know anything about the eastern clubs yet.}

So about rounds 1&2, the club responsible for this is a "hybrid" club, (essentially sharing members from clubs in OK, & Texas I think). This club is called Texhoma, the land is Due east of Ardmore OK. You pull off the paved road about half way between Ravia and Tishomingo OK.

THe ORANGE TEXT BELOW IS AN OPINION, judge for yourself. I would take it back if I could but it is like closing the barn door after the cow has left...
The Texhoma website is http://www.texhomatrialsclub.com Terrible web page due to lack of upkeep, but there is a map at the top (where it says WELCOME TEXAS & OKLAHOMA TRIALS EVENT CALANDER. This has the important location information and GPS coordinates. and a calendar from google.

Probably isnt so bad, It had/has the Flyer for the Nationals up there, so but I was thinking, would be nice to see the sooner cup results, LOL. Anyhow my main last position is, we're not paid professionals, at any of these clubs. everything is volunteer, so if I made it sound personal that your site is terrible imho, due to lack of updated stuff, that isnt personal. it is NOT as if I said it to do anything but point it out to anyone going there, so they don't say "Gee, sting32 tells this site is a good site for this, but crap, it is old and it sucks..."

FWIW, long standing NEOTT is the "north eastern" oklahoma gang, they kind of keep up with things, so check here once in a while, http://www.neott.com/ (well it was the only place to post ANY information on the results from the Sooner Cup held by Texhoma club.)

hope this helps,

/begin Monty Python voice as you read this last thing: "and then there was much rejoicing..."

Sting32 screwed with this post 04-24-2010 at 07:27 PM
Sting32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:23 AM   #6
Sting32
Trials Evangelist

Oddometer: 1,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting32
Continuing on now about clubs information soon
Ok this same NATC website has a decent database of clubs and contact info when they dont have a website.({Since I didnt check, I have felt the need to speculate} who knows if the data is old or not)

If you saw on the left the blue "club Directory" button, it took you here with a NON-alphabetical listing of states and club info http://www.natctrials.org/club_directory.htm go look.

I could have this confused, it very well could been NATC's links were more up to date}
Someone else somewhere on the net had a Probably should have said "another" insted of -> better clublist for usa. I cant find it {and it well could have been why I couldnt find the one I had in my head, lol.}

I meant this as a tip when looking for anything, no matter who's links you use, if you have a problem with old links, like I have a time or 2,000,000...

But Here's a BIG hint. if you'll think this way, when trying to find clubs, say from that NATC's list:

For example, {At one time, not long ago} had a helluva time finding out Nebraska's site, but I {WENT TO} Missouri's site (KC club at least) and noticed they had a link to {omaha nebraska's club which is MWTA}

so when you look through a list, find RMTA (colorado), go there, you'll find WMTA (wyoming) is being linked, they link to other clubs, many times I see this. so if you find a club in around Boston, there might be links to other nearby clubs.

{updated this 'story' so even though I knew what I was thinkin, I didnt want everyone thinking I was baggin on NATC...}

Sting32 screwed with this post 04-24-2010 at 07:10 PM
Sting32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 08:53 AM   #7
hilslamer
2XRedheadedstepchild

Oddometer: 1,784
Central Arizona Trials schedule for 2010 is as follows:

Quote:
Round 2 Febuary 21 Table MesaMichael Meshede

Round 3 March 21 Oak Flats

Todd Roper Vonda Roper
Round 4 April 25 Campwood

???????
Round 5 May 16 or 23 Kingman Hualapai Mountains

???????????
Round 6 July 11 TBA

???????????
Round 7 Crook Cup September 5 Jones Crossing

Carl Miller
Round 8 Cactus Cup October 3 Alto Pit Prescott

Andy Saum Carolyn Saum
Round 9 November 7 TBA

??????????
Round 10 December 5 TBA

Greg Jones
hilslamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 06:55 PM   #8
caryder
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 200
CAT trial at Cordes AZ Sunday Nov 7th

Cordes Station AZ trial is a good spectator event and easy to get to for AZ residents of Phoenix and Prescott.
http://www.centralarizonatrials.org/

http://www.centralarizonatrials.org/... Station Trial
2003 Kawasaki KDX220R
1976 Yamaha RD400C
caryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:29 PM   #9
ridenm
not waiting anymore

Oddometer: 2,296
New Mexico Trials Association

Our final trial of the 2010 season will be held Dec. 5th at the BLM's San Ysidro Trials Area, 4 miles north west of San Ysidro NM. See link for map. Lowers go out at 9am, Uppers go out after lunch, whenever that is.
ridenm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 05:55 AM   #10
jjustj
cum petris et choris

Oddometer: 5,323
world round stuff first event of 2011 title in 2010!!

BOU BEGINS HIS TITLE DEFENCE IN ITALY

A new season will kick into life in Italy this weekend as the highly anticipated and newly titled 2011 SPEA FIM X-Trial World Championship begins in Genoa on 27th November. Round one of the revamped series will share its billing with the FIM Indoor Enduro World Championship in what promises to be an exciting and anxious double-header played out beneath the dazzling lights of the Palasport Fiera di Genoa arena. However while the spectacle of indoor enduro is a welcome addition, all eyes will be on the World’s best trial riders as they attempt to wrestle the title away from a diligent Toni Bou - Repsol Montesa.

Having taken top honours for four consecutive seasons Bou is unlikely to give up his crown without a fight. He won all but one round in 2010 and therefore the seemingly untouchable Spaniard starts the season as a firm series favourite. That said, Bou will not be without serious competition, perhaps most notably from last year’s runner-up and trial veteran Albert Cabestany - Sherco.

An invigorated Cabestany kept Bou honest in 2009 and 2010, and he will begin his campaign this year fresh and extremely motivated. The only rider to beat Bou indoors in recent times Cabestany, a fellow Spaniard, is likely to be a real thorn in his countryman’s side. Slightly less consistent last year, but still one to watch is Adam Raga - Gas Gas. His planned 2010 ambush started poorly, however the evergreen former World champion regrouped to finish the series in third place overall.

Raga’s status in the top three was challenged throughout last season by the fast-improving Brit James Dabill - Gas Gas and the auspicious young Spaniard Jeroni Fajardo - Beta. The plucky pair are back in 2011 and both will be looking to cement their credentials and make a name for themselves among the World’s elite. Consistency is key if either is to make a firm impression while keeping the likes of Takahisa Fujinami - Repsol Montesa at bay.

One fresh face making his debut as a fixed rider this season is 2010 FIM World Junior Champion Jack Challoner - Beta. Strong, talented if inexperienced, Challoner is a welcome addition to a permanent line-up that also includes Michael Brown - Sherco. Brown is making a return to the series after a twelve-month hiatus, having last competed indoors full-time in 2009.

Whatever happens this season fans of the championship are in for a real treat as Cabestany and friends vie to knock Bou off his pedestal and prevent the dogged Catalan from claiming his fifth straight indoor crown. Were Bou to overcome all comers, victory in 2011 would mark his ninth World title.

this courtesy of jackie miller

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=348508
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=489958 Sunday worship, a strap-on, and Does this water taste funny?
jjustj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 08:11 AM   #11
norton73
drinkin'

Oddometer: 8,281
Come play in Sunny Alabama this winter

The Ridge is located just off I-59 in Springville Alabama
Old 10-20-2010, 12:04 PM   #12
Monty348
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
TST presents Granogue Vintage Trials

This coming Sunday the Tri-State Trialers will be hosting the final event of this year's MAVT series motorcycle trials at Granogue Delaware. There are classes for both vintage and modern bikes as well as all skill levels of riders. Competition starts at 11am. on Sunday.
Anyone interested in trying trials for the first time (you need a trials bike of course) come out for a fun day. Entry details are on the flyer. It's also a great time just walking to the sections and watching the riders compete. We use "no stop" rules so you don't need to be able to balance while stopped or hop your bike sideways. Many of the cycles are vintage trials machines from the 70's so spectators get a bike show as a bonus.
Granogue is located along the Brandywine river near Centerville De. not far south of the Pa. state line. From US RT1 go south on RT52 to Centerville De., turn left on Center Meeting Road and then right at Montchanin Rd.. Entrance is second driveway on the left.
http://mavt.homestead.com/Event_Post_10.pdf

Monty348 screwed with this post 05-22-2013 at 04:36 AM
Monty348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 11:20 AM   #13
motojunky
Professional Idiot

Oddometer: 1,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty348
This coming Sunday the Tri-State Trialers will be hosting the final event of this year's MAVT series motorcycle trials at Granogue Delaware. There are classes for both vintage and modern bikes as well as all skill levels of riders. Competition starts at 11am. on Sunday.
Anyone interested in trying trials for the first time (you need a trials bike of course) come out for a fun day. Entry details are on the flyer. It's also a great time just walking to the sections and watching the riders compete. We use "no stop" rules so you don't need to be able to balance while stopped or hop your bike sideways. Many of the cycles are vintage trials machines from the 70's so spectators get a bike show as a bonus.
Granogue is located along the Brandywine river near Centerville De. not far south of the Pa. state line. From US RT1 go south on RT52 to Centerville De., turn left on Center Meeting Road and then right at Montchanin Rd.. Entrance is second driveway on the left.

I rode this event a couple of years ago. It's a really nice place to ride. Depending on how my weekend shakes out, I may go and spectate or even ride.

Anyone local thinking of going? I'd like to hook up with another local trials rider(s) to play ride.
motojunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 05:01 PM   #14
tilliejacques
Gnarly Adventurer

Cool2 NATC 2011 Schedule

NATC 2011 Schedule
2 day: April 30, May 1: CTTA, Bronte, TX (betw. San Angelo and Abilene) www.TexanaOffroad.com

2 day: June 11, 12: Pennsylvania, Rausch Creek Racing (near Tower City PA) www.rauschcreekmotorsports.com

3 day: June 25, 26, 27: Tenn, Trials Training Center (near Sequatchie TN) www.trialstrainingcenter.com

Best 5 of 7 count towards ranking.

see you there!

08 Beta Rev3 125
Old 10-25-2010, 06:46 AM   #15
neilking
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 425
Looks like a good year for me to go to Sequatchie! I'll have to work the Bronte event.
13 Factory Beta 250
neilking is online now   Reply With Quote