Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2009, 10:41 AM   #1
Stuff180 OP
The Stuffman

Oddometer: 3
NEED 1971 CB350 Carb/Diaphragm

Hello.

I have a classic 1971 Honda CB350 that I recently restored to an almost-new condition. Although, I reused the carburetors. The diaphragms looked great when I was rebuilding the carburetors, but now the right side of the engine sounds horrible. (and I'm certain that is is the diaphragm)

I'm looking to buy [preferably a pair of] diaphragms to replace my current ones. Or if anyone has carbs available that have good diaphragms, that will work as well.

If anyone has these parts to sell, or knows a place where I could buy them, I would really appreciate it.

btw, sorry if this post is in the wrong section or something.

Thanks,
Stuff180

Stuff180 screwed with this post 09-16-2009 at 10:57 AM
Stuff180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:55 AM   #2
SimpleSimon
Aspiring advrider

Oddometer: 3,385
You can probobly find them at http://www.siriusconinc.com up in Canada. If you do order keyster kits, ensure you measure the parts for accuracy vs. stock and plan to order some OEM gaskets as the Keyster ones run big and can obstruct the floats.

"Assembled Spectator Scoring With Incriminating Photographic Evidence" or A.S.S.W.I.P.E. - Granparacer
SimpleSimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:21 PM   #3
D-Mac
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleSimon
You can probobly find them at http://www.siriusconinc.com up in Canada. If you do order keyster kits, ensure you measure the parts for accuracy vs. stock and plan to order some OEM gaskets as the Keyster ones run big and can obstruct the floats.
Just a 'heads up'. I ordered OEM gaskets and they didn't fit my float bowls either (Honda changed the part number and the OEM o-ring kit they sell has ones that are too big a well). I'm told you can cut them and super-glue them together, although I think the website above has 5-sided gaskets that should fit.

Diaphrams are tough to find without buying old carbs and hoping for the best. As someone else posted, siriusconic has 'new' replacement ones - they're the only supplier that I know of and they work well from what I've heard (you glue them on), but they sure aren't cheap.

What makes you so sure it's the diaphrams? I assume it's running lean when you get on the throttle? A crack in the rubber on the intake side of the carb could cause the same problem.
D-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:25 PM   #4
motomark39
I reckon so

Oddometer: 1,061
Give these guys a try.....

http://www.carbparts.com/