Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-22-2009, 11:12 AM   #1
k7 OP
Ancien cyclist

Oddometer: 18,453
Maybe a future F1 driver....

My wife's cousin - Victor Franzoni. He's already won the Brazil Cup in his class and that earned him a trip to Malaysia for the Sepang International Karting Circuit where he finished second.

Here's a link to the qualifying.

Good going kid...

k7 screwed with this post 03-21-2014 at 07:17 PM Reason: spelling...
k7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 12:12 PM   #2
wxwax
Excited Member

Oddometer: 72,898
If he can bring aboard $9 million in sponsor money USF1 will hire him.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 12:48 PM   #3
CGH
Polluting the ether

Oddometer: 19,953
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxwax
If he can bring aboard $9 million in sponsor money USF1 will hire him.
Is that enough?
Old 03-16-2010, 01:16 PM   #4
k7 OP
Ancien cyclist

The beat goes on....

Victor is the youngest driver in his new category, called "Graduados" in Brazil. This category is for drivers from 15 to 34 years old.

Nicastro, who is described as a legend in the Brazilian kart, was defeated by Victor. He´s 29 years old against Victor´s 14.

Source (In Portuguese)

Translated (rough English)
Old 03-16-2010, 01:18 PM   #5
k7 OP
Ancien cyclist

Another good article...

Translated

One more - with a celebratory video.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:29 PM   #6
Icewalker
Conundrum

Oddometer: 40,451
Has he been picked up by any of the factory teams yet? IAME (Parilla/Komet), Rotax, DAP .... noticed the Birel stickers.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:36 PM   #7
k7 OP
Ancien cyclist

Coming to the US!

Well, this is certainly good news. The kid is coming to the US to drive in the USF2000 series and will race at various venues in the US during the 2014 season.

I'm making plans to perhaps fly to Indy and then, my wife and I will likely fly to SFO to see him race at Sonoma in August.

I'm not sure if it's official so I won't mention the team that he'll be driving for in a public forum but as soon as it's official, I'll post a note here.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:37 PM   #8
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 9,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by k7 View Post
Well, this is certainly good news. The kid is coming to the US to drive in the USF2000 series and will race at various venues in the US during the 2014 season.

I'm making plans to perhaps fly to Indy and then, my wife and I will likely fly to SFO to see him race at Sonoma in August.

I'm not sure if it's official so I won't mention the team that he'll be driving for in a public forum but as soon as it's official, I'll post a note here.

Cool, I had a friend get his start in that series and he learned alot. It is good racing, for what is considered a budget. HA HA to that concept. Unfortunately, a back injury cut his racing career short. Too bad, he could wheel. Let's hope this is just a stepping stone to greater things for him!
Old 01-08-2014, 07:12 AM   #9
k7 OP
Ancien cyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
Cool, I had a friend get his start in that series and he learned alot. It is good racing, for what is considered a budget. HA HA to that concept. Unfortunately, a back injury cut his racing career short. Too bad, he could wheel. Let's hope this is just a stepping stone to greater things for him!
Yeah - budget my ass. I was reviewing his contract last night - it's not a cheap proposition. Know anyone with an extra $50k who might want to sponsor a racer?
Old 01-09-2014, 01:32 PM   #10
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 9,534
Quote:
Yeah - budget my ass. I was reviewing his contract last night - it's not a cheap proposition. Know anyone with an extra $50k who might want to sponsor a racer?
If I knew that.....real hard to find sponsors at the moment. Even the big guys are struggling securing it, and they offer a lot of exposure. I wish I could direct you...but the traditional modes are not so great at the moment. The racing resume getting a check is very difficult.

My advice...try and get the young man in front of regional decision makers. Sometimes it is more emotion than business and if they take a liking to him...he will be set. Networking they like to call it, but it is the best bet right now. Mid size, or expanding market opportunities would be my focus. Preferably the later, so they can grow alongside him. There is a major benefit to continuity for the sponsor and the driver. AS long as he remains a good advocate for them.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:05 PM   #11
k7 OP
Ancien cyclist

Let's go racing....

Victor sent us a note yesterday to confirm that he'll be racing this weekend in the F3 Brazil Open at Interlagos with Hitech Racing. Pretty cool.

Thursday's update....

Link: http://f3brazilopen.com/versao2014/?p=1089

(Google translation - my Portuguese is limited)

"The edition 2014 of the F-3 Brazil Open marks the return of Victor Franzoni (pictured right) to Brazil after a passage of two seasons for the European Formula Renault. Participant Open 2012 with a car category Light, he admitted to have surprised the monoposto the main category - much faster cornering.

"It's good to be back in Brazil, and participate in the Open is being a great opportunity to compete at a high level while still not set my target in 2014. This has been my first experience with the F309 chassis and was amazed at the ability of this car to carry corner speed. My first run-off has been very fast, but unfortunately I had a battery problem in the second, which prevented me from closing the first session of the nearest best time. So I expect a good performance on Friday, "said the pilot."

Old 01-09-2014, 01:27 PM   #12
Codewheeney
Hoopy Frood

Oddometer: 2,554
Quote:

Good luck, Victor!

Plays in traffic.
Codewheeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:45 AM   #13
dlearl476
Two-bit Throttle Bum

Oddometer: 22,781
Best of luck to him.

Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich by promising to protect each from the other. -- Oscar Ameringer
dlearl476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 02:24 PM   #14
k7 OP
Ancien cyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlearl476 View Post
Best of luck to him.
Victor won Race 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-29-2014, 05:57 PM   #15
k7 OP
Ancien cyclist

news from the race

Link

Brazilian Rookie Holds off Determined Challengefrom Local Teenager Enerson

St. Petersburg, Fla. – Brazilian rookie Victor Franzoni started the “regular season” Cooper Tires USF2000 Championship Powered by Mazda in exactly the same way as he began the recent Cooper Tires Winterfest preseason mini-series – with a victory. The 18-year-old from Sao Paulo started Afterburner Autosport’s #17 Vhero/Aflex/E-QUAL/Novac Sports Van Diemen-Mazda from the pole position but was made to work extremely hard for his victory in the Peninsula Pipeline Grand Prix of St. Petersburg by 16-year-old RC Enerson from New Port Richey, Fla.

The margin between the two front-runners was a scant 0.0081 seconds in qualifying, which was held this morning on a dry track. Conditions, however, were completely different this afternoon. After a lengthy delay due to a severe storm warning, the 18 USF2000 cars were faced by an extremely wet 1.8-mile, 14-turn street circuit for the 15-lap race which began at 4:55 p.m.

The first three laps were run behind the Pace Car, after which the field was unleashed with Franzoni immediately coming under pressure from a fired-up Enerson, who claimed the inside line under heavy braking for Turn One and emerged with the lead. Enerson showed precisely why he won the Winterfest championship by holding onto his advantage until Lap 10, when Franzoni drew alongside under braking for Turn One and pulled off a breathtaking maneuver around the outside to take over the lead.

Once in front, Franzoni used the experience he had gained in European Formula Renault competition the last couple of years by edging clear to a well-deserved triumph. Enerson finished a fine second for Team E Racing.

The two leaders left everyone firmly in their wake during the early stages. Aaron Telitz (ArmsUp Motorsports) and Jake Eidson (Cape Motorsports with Wayne Taylor Racing) continued their battle from last year’s F1600 Championship Series for much of the race before both were overhauled by Frenchman – and fellow rookie – Nico Jamin (Belardi Auto Racing). Another veteran of Formula Renault, Jamin stormed from 10th on the grid to fifth inside the first three laps of green-flag racing, then swept past both Eidson and Telitz on Lap 8 to take over third place.

Jamin was given a glimmer of hope for the victory by a full-course caution after Will Owen (Pabst Racing) crashed on Lap 10, but he was unable to find a way past Enerson following the restart and had to be content with third.

Eidson finished fourth for the St. Petersburg-based Cape Motorsports team, followed by Canadian Daniel Burkett (Belardi Auto Racing) who found a way past rookie Adrian Starrantino (JAY Motorsports) on the last lap to equal his career-best finish. Frenchman Florian Latorre (Belardi Auto Racing), Norwegian Henrik Furuseth (JAY Motorsports),
Dutchman Jeroen Slaghekke (Afterburner Autosport) and German Keyran Andres (Cape Motorsports with Wayne Taylor Racing) completed the top 10.

The Replay XD Move of the Race was adjudged to have been made by Franzoni for his pass of Enerson in Turn One on Lap 10, after which he held on for the win. The Tilton Hard Charger Award was presented to rookie Andrew List (D2D Motorsports), who climbed eight positions from 20th on the grid to 12th at the finish. The PFC Award and customized Race Energy BMC21 charger – the Official Battery of the ladder series - went to winning car owners Tim Walsh and Brian Tomasi of Afterburner Autosport, while the Staubli Award went to race winner Franzoni.

Race 2 on Sunday will start at 8:50 am. Live commentary, plus timing and scoring, will be available at www.usf2000.com. Visit RoadToIndy.TV for an inside look at USF2000 drivers and teams.

Victor Franzoni, #17 #17 Vhero/Aflex/E-QUAL/Novac Sports (Afterburner Autosport): “The race was just perfect. I won the first race at the [Cooper Tires] Winterfest and now to win here, this is a nice way to start the season and the championship chase. The conditions were difficult. It was raining and then it stopped, but the track was still wet. It was difficult to brake on the line. It was difficult but in the end it was perfect. We will try to do it again tomorrow.”

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: