Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2010, 09:06 AM   #1
scubasimon OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
How do your Motoport Jacket/Pants fit?

Hi folks.

I have read almost every thread and article about the Motoport Jacket and Pants that folks here get. I myself have bought this and am very happy with it. However, I am not sure about the fit.

So I have a request. Can you (and I will do the same) take a picture of yourself in T-shirt and jeans, and another shot with you in your gear? I wanted to see how much additional bulk your gear adds...mine does add quite a bit (and more now that I lost some weight) and am deciding if I should send them back for a resize.

Thanks.
scubasimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:44 AM   #2
BinDerSmokDat
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 404

BinDerSmokDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:45 AM   #3
BinDerSmokDat
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 404
The Cycle Port is pretty well fitted, it's a little baggy to allow for layers, but it won't be super baggy because the mesh will bunch up and make the suit uncomfortable. If you give good measurements, it will fit well.

If you want a more fitted look and aren't worried about layers, tell Wayne when you order.
BinDerSmokDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:39 PM   #4
scubasimon OP
Adventurer

Excellent pictures! Thank you so much. The pictures show exactly how your gear fits.

I took some pictures too but unfortunately they were all blur...will try again in the morning and see if they show up better.

Anybody with a fit that is different?
Old 02-23-2010, 06:28 AM   #5
ianbh
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 282
If I had it to do over, I'd shorten the pants (Kevlar Mesh) a couple of inches.
Ian, Iowa
ianbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:04 PM   #6
scubasimon OP
Adventurer

Tried to take some pictures to show how my jacket and pants fit. They came out pretty pathetic (the pictures) as usual. Still, here are my pictures.

The first one is me with polo and shorts. 2nd one is with the motoport pants over my shorts. 3rd one is with jacket over the polo as well.

Sorry for the grainy and bad pictures. A camera phone doesn't do this any justice but hopefully it will show the fit.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:57 PM   #7
scubasimon OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky hy ironman View Post
Interested in Motoport gear. How long for it to breakin (if any) or does it seem like a burlap sack with starch?
I have the mesh jacket and pants. Used them for about 18 months now. They felt better after a few washes but remain stiff. I still feel like Robocop in them and I like it that way. Feels a lot safer with the strong material :-)
Old 12-20-2010, 07:40 PM   #8
TallRob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,395
Mine fits great . Although my right knee pad is lower than the left when im on the bike.. But the weird thing is ive measured the internal dimentions and both sides are identical. I must have mismatched legs or something. To fix it I just popped the top of the right knee pad over the pocket and problem solved.
TallRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 03:44 PM   #9
offroadan
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
I just received an Air Mesh Marathon and Air Mesh Pants. I have both the liners in in this mediocre photo. I haven't ridden with them yet. They fit snug right now. I have read that the air mesh will get softer with time. I suspect the fit will loosen up a bit but I don't have that first hand experience.

I did not get the cargo pockets on the jacket. The cargo pockets seem to add a lot of bulk and I figured I would put something in them that would end of injuring me.

Air Mesh Users, did your gear loosen up after some break in?
Attached Images

offroadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 04:33 PM   #10
TallRob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,395
For me it took about 6 to 9 months for it to loosen. Its still like chain mail but it bends and is easier to deal with now that it used to be. Also all of the pads are perfectly curved now. No more annoying straight pads .
TallRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 06:42 PM   #11
offroadan
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
Thanks for the info TallRob. My wife thinks I'm crazy for wearing my new gear around the house to "break it in". Until the snow and ice is gone it looks like I'll keep up the crazy.
offroadan is offline   Reply With Quote