ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2010, 02:12 PM   #1
Catskill OP
tree hugger

Oddometer: 1,783
Laugh Catskill Park/Region Tag-O-Rama

I believe you are long over due for a Catskills' Region Game of Tag! So here you go!

First Tag!!

Go Get it!

HINT#1

HINT#2

HINT#3

Since it's the first tag I will give out GPS coordinates to anyone who asks.

Rules:
(Shamelessly ripped from Wiseblood who shamelessly ripped from HamSandwich's Big Apple ToR rules.)
  1. Find the tag and reproduce the photo (as best as possible). YOUR BIKE MUST BE IN THE PICTURE. Take the tag to a new location preferably more than a mile from the previous post, get the photo and post it here. Give a few hints so the next person can figure out where the tag is located. Or you can have them follow you there. If the tag is Googleable (yes I made that word up) cool, if not, make the clues clear and easily understood.
    • Try to place the tags in interesting locations, maybe a bit of history, scenery and that can be found down some enjoyable riding roads.
  2. Tag must be: a) findable, b) not placed on a trail that only a dirt bike can get to, however, DIRT ROADS (unpaved roads) ARE ACCEPTABLE. c) Accessible for more than a few hours during the day (i.e. a road is only open 2 hours a day = No Good. Location is only open on weekends = No Good. The road is only open from 8am to 6pm = OK but let people know that when posting the tag.) .
  3. The first person to post a found tag gets to place the next tag. Time stamped photos don't mean anything. If you get a tag, but somebody else posts their picture first, you lose.
  4. One tag at a time. File photos are NOT permitted. You gotta ride to play this game. However, as long as you take the photo the same day you take nab the current tag, it is acceptable. In other words if you get the new tag on the way to the old tag, it is still valid. What is not valid is if you take a photo out of a file on your computer from the same spot last year and post it as the new tag.
  5. No whining Ya right. There are plenty of folks here that will help you understand the rules
  6. If the photo is un-questionably duplicated the new tag may be posted immediately. If it is questionable (i.e. the gate was locked so the picture is a bike in front of a locked gate)The holder of the tag determines if the tag has been duplicated and acknowledges it by posting on the thread. (Surrendering the Tag) If the holder does not reply within 12 hours its up to the active (guys that have tags) game players. If two members or more agree the tag is good than it is. This game moves fast. Lets keep it that way.
  7. The person who is responsible for posting the next tag has 48 hour to do so with the exception of foul weather (heavy rain, snow).
  8. Should the tag holder fail to post the new tag within the 48 hours someone will need to get the previous tag and post a new one within 48 hours.
  9. If there were two people that got the tag and the person who got it first fails to post within the 48 hours the person who posted second may post a new tag.
  10. If possible, try to add a little history or trivia to the tag.
  11. Repeat Tags will be accepted one calendar year after they have been originally tagged!
Map of outlined region to follow....

*Edit to Add Radar Map and searchable weather link*

Type the zip code of the tag, in the box below and press "go"

http://icons-pe.wxug.com/graphics/smash/htmlsticker/html_linkBG.gif); text-align: left;">Plan your trip
Local Radar
Detailed Forecast

If we stuff the duck with chocolate, does that make him a fudge packer?

Catskill screwed with this post 04-06-2010 at 08:27 PM
Catskill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 02:47 PM   #2
Catskill OP
tree hugger

Proposed Boundaries....

Catskill screwed with this post 03-26-2010 at 12:20 PM
Old 03-20-2010, 03:20 PM   #3
Boatman
Ride more, BS less!

Oddometer: 10,015
Oh boy!!!another TOR that's well with in Bruces range!!

The NYS Dirt Tag has been lanquishing all winter within these borders....
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...&postcount=258

Hi/low beam conversions for: Trail Tech, Baja Designs
Boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 05:37 PM   #4
Catskill OP
tree hugger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatman

Ok...I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not... If you guys have already tagged most of that region then I guess it will not be any fun to play...

This is not straight up dirt tag. Since, some/most of the paved roads up here are in worse condition than the unpaved ones, I loosened up the guidelines so they don't exclude unpaved roads...

I'd like to keep it close to within the Catskill park

and/or with in the Catskill/Deleware
New York City Watershed region...

I know there's some really, really cool shit in those green boundaries (the oldest tree fossils on earth for example!) but I also know how easy it is for me to just make a left out of the driveway and before I know it I'm in Cooperstown calling my husband to tell him I'm still Alive...

So I'm open for suggestions to move the boundaries from where I set them...Tag's no fun unless other people are playing.

So far, some of the places I want to tag are too far away to fall into the Hudson Valley TOR region and I'm not going to do an overnight trip to try and catch the Empire State TOR....so I guess I really started this TOR...

for selfish reasons!

However, I've been on two wheels for 4 years now and whenever I tell people where I live they're always like "Oh there's some really nice riding roads up there." I couldn't agre with them more, so......I'm guessin' some people might be interested in playing.

Catskill screwed with this post 03-20-2010 at 05:46 PM
Old 03-20-2010, 08:18 PM   #5
Boatman
Ride more, BS less!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catskill
Ok...I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not... If you guys have already tagged most of that region then I guess it will not be any fun to play...

This is not straight up dirt tag. Since, some/most of the paved roads up here are in worse condition than the unpaved ones, I loosened up the guidelines so they don't exclude unpaved roads...

I know there's some really, really cool shit in those green boundaries (the oldest tree fossils on earth for example!) but I also know how easy it is for me to just make a left out of the driveway and before I know it I'm in Cooperstown calling my husband to tell him I'm still Alive...

So I'm open for suggestions to move the boundaries from where I set them...Tag's no fun unless other people are playing.

So far, some of the places I want to tag are too far away to fall into the Hudson Valley TOR region and I'm not going to do an overnight trip to try and catch the Empire State TOR....so I guess I really started this TOR...

for selfish reasons!

However, I've been on two wheels for 4 years now and whenever I tell people where I live they're always like "Oh there's some really nice riding roads up there." I couldn't agre with them more, so......I'm guessin' some people might be interested in playing.

I've been known to snipe tags outside my own region when unsuspecting tagger least expect it.

I just threw the Dirt Tag in because it's within your TOR area and may spark some interest.

Looks like you girls are hooked and will be a TOR force this season.

Old 03-21-2010, 05:05 AM   #6
Catskill OP
tree hugger

Wink sweet

Quote:
I've been known to snipe tags outside my own region when unsuspecting tagger least expect it.

I just threw the Dirt Tag in because it's within your TOR area and may spark some interest.

Looks like you girls are hooked and will be a TOR force this season.
Oh yeah dude, Petersburgh is totally with in reach of the Catskill Region.

I'd like to get some different, dual use, tires on the big yellow beasty and I'm saving up for a light kit for my ttr250 so I'm definitely glad you brought the dirt tag to my attention.

GrlRyder and I both work in the same field which is very competative but also requires excellent navigation skills, route planning skills and a healthy dose of adventure. We are both "on call" most of the time but often the field (smart phone in hand) is our office...That "field" includes most of the Hudson Valley and Catskills Region so we have kind of been trained to do well at this game. We are also both used to having to drop everything, at a moments notice and run to meet a client at a given GPS location...

Catskill screwed with this post 03-21-2010 at 05:18 AM
Old 03-20-2010, 09:08 PM   #7
justme23005
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,323
Quote:

for selfish reasons!

I went to school about a mile from those fossils :-)
justme23005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 02:52 AM   #8
Oilhed
MarkF

Oddometer: 3,822
Damn! I was just there, Thusday. Didn't know there was a T-O-R, too!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1612262369

new bike - BMW R1150GS
old bikes - Ducati ST3 (RIP), BMW R1100R, R75 & R65, Suzuki Bandit 600, Guzzi V65SP, Kawi KLR600, etc.
Oilhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 06:30 AM   #9
eduardobibm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,760
I'm all over this TOR. I used to consult for the NYC DEP, and my responsiblities were the IT Operations for the Watershed region.

God I miss my "commute"....

Quote:
Ok...

"Must be a yearning deep in human heart to stop other people from doing as they please. Rules, laws — always for other fellow ... was always something they hated to see neighbors doing. Stop them 'for their own good' — not because speaker claimed to be harmed by it."
― Robert A. Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress
eduardobibm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 08:08 AM   #10
DirtySushi
Káme

Oddometer: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardobibm View Post
I'm all over this TOR. I used to consult for the NYC DEP, and my responsiblities were the IT Operations for the Watershed region.

God I miss my "commute"....
I thought this was
Old 04-09-2013, 04:04 PM   #11
BK.RD.RNR
Torque Stick

Oddometer: 5,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catskill View Post

Ahem, those were the initially PROPOSED boundaries. Not the finalized boundaries as laid down in the quoted post above...

Do we need a vote?
BK.RD.RNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:21 PM   #12
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Oddometer: 24,014
On the plains of hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died. The only thing that comes to those who wait is old age. Too many dreams.... Not enough time. Not Scared of dying. Not scared of living. Just scared of the pain that separates the two...
kenny61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 05:06 PM   #13
BK.RD.RNR
Torque Stick

Quote:

Quite a bit of snow cover up there still Boats...
Old 03-21-2010, 05:28 PM   #14
Boatman
Ride more, BS less!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK.RD.RNR
Quite a bit of snow cover up there still Boats...
Were you over that way? After thinking about it,,, that area got hammered this winter

Old 03-21-2010, 05:50 PM   #15
BK.RD.RNR
Torque Stick

Quote:
Were you over that way? After thinking about it,,, that area got hammered this winter

Still plenty of 5' snowbanks in the immediate area of the tag. Not sure you'd want to go for it with a serious spiked tire. There was a good foot of ground cover or more in most places.