User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2010, 07:12 AM   #1
conlysm OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Hyper Motard Check In

I am just curious to see how many of you ride an HM? I am a bit of a hooligan but like to use the HM for touring. I find that it's really not bad you just have to plan your trips accordingly when it comes to fuel stops.

Here's a pic of my ride at Mt. Washington Summit

conlysm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 11:21 AM   #2
MonsterTorch
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
Love my Hyper and I cant wait to do some serious touring this summer. Already added the 6.4 gal tank, grabbed the factory rack, tried the DP tail pack but returned it, and went with a 36 L Givi topcase. My GF calls it a cancer growth on my bike, but i have to admit its extremely functional. I mounted it closer to where the passenger sits, so hopefully less likely to break the factory rack (some people have had issues with too much weight on the factory rack).

heres some pics too, I need to get better ones with the givi on, but Ive been riding (rain or shine) rather than stopping to take photos :)

UPDATE - weather is nice today, washed, waxed, and got some photos. Ready to go riding!

DP Rack & TailPack

DP Rack & bungie cord for my laptop backpack

DP Rack & Givi 36L tailbag

MonsterTorch screwed with this post 06-12-2010 at 02:35 PM
MonsterTorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 11:14 PM   #3
Humanbeingexpert
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
I have an '09 S with full zard, race ecu, rebuilt suspension, open clutch, DP seat, rizoma reserviors, CRG bar ends and levers, fatbars, windscreen, 6.5 gal tank, etc still may go w/lighter flywheel, very fun hooilgan bike...beware your drivers license as the front wheel floats very easy :)
Humanbeingexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:29 PM   #4
chacha
CAT Herder

Oddometer: 2,702
I picked up a '10 796 a few weeks ago and I love it. I find it very comfortable so far and think it was the perfect choice of a bike for me. One of the guys I work with and I have been tossing around the idea of riding to work later this summer. We work on boat in Hood Canal and Port Angeles areas I live in Denver and he lives in Nebraska. So We where Planning a meet and ride.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:53 AM   #5
10/10ths
Road Trip Fool

Oddometer: 925
THAT case on a Hypermotard is......

......a sin.

So very, very, very, wrong.
10/10ths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 07:28 PM   #6
GMP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 65
I'm not partial to that either but to each is own. Also, the DP racks have a reputation of breaking unless beefed up. I do everything on mine from commuting to sport touring. Depending on the ride/season/weather and what I have to carry I use anything from a cargo net on the seat to a set of Cortech sport saddlebags, although you can't use those with the single side can exhaust.

'08 Ducati Hypermotard
'07 GasGas EC250
GMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 05:24 PM   #7
TBickell
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 177
Just got a Hyper

Just added a 2009 1100s Hypermotard to the flock. ( BMW 800GS also ).
Great bike. Love it. I have the Termi 2 into 1 which adds some HP and it goes like stink! I also have the 6 gallon tank and a few other options. Did my first 200 mile plus ride and was surprised at how comfortable I was on various road conditions.. I think the bike is a great second bike.Attachment 254424

TBickell screwed with this post 01-25-2014 at 02:53 PM
TBickell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 03:34 PM   #8
SSDMR2300
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBickell View Post
Just added a 2009 1100s Hypermotard to the flock. ( BMW 800GS also ).
Great bike. Love it. I have the Termi 2 into 1 which adds some HP and it goes like stink! I also have the 6 gallon tank and a few other options. Did my first 200 mile plus ride and was surprised at how comfortable I was on various road conditions.. I think the bike is a great second bike.Attachment 254424
is that then one that was sitting at pro italia like a month ago? also anyone wanna swap their stock flywheel for a lightweight flywheel, just got a 09 hym s that came with a lightweight one and i think id like the heavy flywheel better
SSDMR2300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 03:09 PM   #9
TBickell
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDMR2300 View Post
is that then one that was sitting at pro italia like a month ago? also anyone wanna swap their stock flywheel for a lightweight flywheel, just got a 09 hym s that came with a lightweight one and i think id like the heavy flywheel better
Yes... it was Pro Italia and I bought it in Feb. Had 1200 miles on it. Has the Ohlins , Carbon tank cover and best of all the 6.6 gallon fuel tank !

Question about the clutch cover that people change that open and expose the clutch. Is that a performance thing or a hear the dry clutch sound louder..?
TBickell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 06:24 PM   #10
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 9,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBickell View Post
Question about the clutch cover that people change that open and expose the clutch. Is that a performance thing or a hear the dry clutch sound louder..?
Some claim that it helps the clutch run a bit cooler and that the dust does not accumulate. Personally, I think it really comes down to preference. I have the stock cover on my Hyper, and an open cover on my 1098. The open cover looks great, you see moving parts, etc., but it is as noisy as all get-out.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:24 PM   #11
OConnor
Bad juju

Oddometer: 3,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian™ View Post
Some claim that it helps the clutch run a bit cooler and that the dust does not accumulate. Personally, I think it really comes down to preference. I have the stock cover on my Hyper, and an open cover on my 1098. The open cover looks great, you see moving parts, etc., but it is as noisy as all get-out.
And it's like leaving a food processor at ground level, so you'd probably want to keep small children away. "oh, shiny." wack,wack,wack!
2000 SV650 track bike
1971 CB175 vintage racer inabox
OConnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:55 PM   #12
OaklandStrom
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,612
No red key for a '10?

My fiancee is going to buy a '10 HM.

The seller claims to have lost a key, and that there was never a red key. He "has a card that lets you call Ducati and replace the factory key".

True? BS?
OaklandStrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:35 AM   #13
Tom S
Can I ride it?

Oddometer: 4,381
Look this over.
http://ducatikeys.runfrom.us/
Tom S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:20 PM   #14
CDONA
Home of Vortex tuning

Oddometer: 71
No red keys for my '08.
I did order extra keys from the factory, had them cut in a a hardware store, and tried to have them all programmed. The '08 ECU won't hold more than two keys in memory at one time. The key card lists the electronic signature code and the key cut code.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:10 PM   #15
Florida Lime
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by OaklandStrom View Post
My fiancee is going to buy a '10 HM.

The seller claims to have lost a key, and that there was never a red key. He "has a card that lets you call Ducati and replace the factory key".

True? BS?
True.

No red key, 2 black keys, and the factory key data card.
'08 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S -- Going, still for sale.
Florida Lime is offline   Reply With Quote