User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2010, 08:40 PM   #1
Mister D OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,606
Central Arkansas ride planning and B.S. thread

I know that we Central Arkansawyers aren't too good at b.s.ing, but I know we like to ride, and we're always talking about starting our own thread so we can plan those rides. So here goes. Bring it. Don't rely on me, cuz I am often at work, and I don't work at a desk. Let's hear your riding plans, your breakfast meeting plans, and whatever else ya got.

For starters, did I hear something about a ghost town hunt? Arkansawyer, help me out here. Wasn't it tentatively planned for October 31st?

Mister D screwed with this post 11-07-2010 at 07:01 PM
Mister D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 04:48 AM   #2
Dragon43
If you insist.

Oddometer: 5,825
I am up for this thread.
Lot of good riding & meeting places South of I-40 & West of Little Rock. All the way to Texas. We have twisty slab and dirt.

And today we have RAIN !!!!!!! By By dust. Yee Haw !!!!
Old 10-19-2010, 08:43 AM   #3
joenuclear
Planning.....

Oddometer: 6,050
Yea rain!
joenuclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 08:52 AM   #4
NateLePain
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,603
Any good ideas for a remote camping spot, near Lake Winona? I'm thinking about camping near here w/ my boy, in about a week.

Thanks... nlp

10 Triumph St. Triple, '06 BMW F650GSA, '03 Honda XR70R, '03 Honda XR80R, '86 Honda TLR200 Reflex
NateLePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 12:12 PM   #5
Dragon43
If you insist.

Oddometer: 5,825
What about on top of that hill? Going with something that will climb up there? CR 57 at

Old 10-19-2010, 01:10 PM   #6
NateLePain
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon43
What about on top of that hill? Going with something that will climb up there? CR 57 at

Certainly an option, I've never been up there. I wouldn't hesitate to take my GS up that hill, although 2-up might be a challenge. My only concerns would be having to haul-in firewood and getting "busted" for crossing a berm.

DTZDR, do you know if that is an open trail or a "don't get caught" trail?

nlp

10 Triumph St. Triple, '06 BMW F650GSA, '03 Honda XR70R, '03 Honda XR80R, '86 Honda TLR200 Reflex
NateLePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:17 AM   #7
scotty69
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 903
I agree. You must have not been here twenty years ago! You would appreciate today's lack of trash. We still have a few idiots to train.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:26 AM   #8
tcourdin
Resident Spooner

Oddometer: 10,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty69 View Post
I agree. You must have not been here twenty years ago! You would appreciate today's lack of trash. We still have a few idiots to train.
I remember those days, everyone just used the forests for dump sites. Lots of clubs try to have cleanup days at the forests now, we did one at White Rock and you could have filled a dumptruck with all the trash we gathered and I bet we all only worked 5 hours. Sickening. I dunno I still think Arkansas ranks up there I bet, it seems all of our roadways are littered. When we go on vacations and drive across country you hardly ever see littered ditches like we have, but thats IMO.

I've also seen more people throw trash out thier windows more lately than I ever have? Talk about giving me road rage! It's hard to imagine being that lasy to just throw your trash out of the car, f**king deadbeats.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:39 AM   #9
Tinks
Imp of Satan

Oddometer: 20,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcourdin View Post
I remember those days, everyone just used the forests for dump sites. Lots of clubs try to have cleanup days at the forests now, we did one at White Rock and you could have filled a dumptruck with all the trash we gathered and I bet we all only worked 5 hours. Sickening. I dunno I still think Arkansas ranks up there I bet, it seems all of our roadways are littered. When we go on vacations and drive across country you hardly ever see littered ditches like we have, but thats IMO.

I've also seen more people throw trash out thier windows more lately than I ever have? Talk about giving me road rage! It's hard to imagine being that lasy to just throw your trash out of the car, f**king deadbeats.
Arkansas Toll Free Litter Hotline

PS: Throwing cigarette butts out the window is also considered littering...and a huge pet peeve of mine. It will become yours too if you've ever had one go up your helmet.

(Mr. Disaster) Preston Drew Haun June 17, 1981- August 15, 2010
Tinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 08:48 AM   #10
tcourdin
Resident Spooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinks View Post

PS: Throwing cigarette butts out the window is also considered littering...and a huge pet peeve of mine. It will become yours too if you've ever had one go up your helmet.
Hey thanks very much for that number, that is GREAT! Entering it in my phone right now.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:07 AM   #11
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 30,280
what we need now is a hotline number to report douchbag litterbug campers who think our campgrounds is their personal trash bin!
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:46 AM   #12
jamboa
jamboa

Oddometer: 845
Quote:

Thanks for that number.
Never had a cigarette go into the helmet but had a live bee go in there at about 60 mph. Stung the hell out of my face.
jamboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:06 AM   #13
Tinks
Imp of Satan

Oddometer: 20,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamboa View Post
Thanks for that number.
Never had a cigarette go into the helmet but had a live bee go in there at about 60 mph. Stung the hell out of my face.
Bugs happen. It sucks, but that is more a hazard of riding and though I can imagine getting stung completely sucks...I can tell you, you almost can't imagine the rage of getting some driver's lit cigarette in your helmet until it happens. They were so, so, so fortunate I had to pull over to get the cigarette out of my helmet. I cannot remember a time when I was much more angry than that.

(Mr. Disaster) Preston Drew Haun June 17, 1981- August 15, 2010
Tinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:26 PM   #14
terrascout
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,539
Quote:

Legal question on that. If at a stop am I liable for anything if I get off the bike pick it up and replace it back to the interior of their vehicle? I have been so tempted so many times.
terrascout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:31 PM   #15
tcourdin
Resident Spooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrascout View Post
Legal question on that. If at a stop am I liable for anything if I get off the bike pick it up and replace it back to the interior of their vehicle? I have been so tempted so many times.
LOL best answer yet!