Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2010, 05:28 PM   #1
Jeremy L OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 185
AltRider parts for the Super Tenere - coming soon!

We are working around the clock on developing parts for the Super Tenere, and are excited to make these available to you soon.

It won’t be much longer until you’ll be able to pre-order the entire AltRider line for the Super Tenere. If you live outside the US and have already purchased the bike – you may want to hold off until you see what we’ve got in store. Not only are we engineering some strong products, but our in-house design team is ensuring that they really reflect the lines of the bike.

Want to know what we’ve got coming? You can check out our blog post about it. Then create an AltRider account and sign up for Yamaha specific product news update emails – which means you’ll be notified when we’ve got new stuff coming for your bike.

AltRider.com
Jeremy L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 05:22 PM   #2
Jeremy L OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Here is the first development image of the AltRider Skid Plate for the Yamaha Super Tenere XT1200!

You can read more about the specs on our product page, or head over to our blog post about all the parts we’re developing.

We’ll be keeping you updated with pictures of this and other products as we develop them, but we also want to hear from you. What are your thoughts about the new Super Tenere, and what parts do you think it needs most?

AltRider.com
Old 10-28-2010, 08:07 PM   #3
sail2xxs
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 125
Crashbars that really protect the bike - something like the Metal Mule or Wild @ Heart bars for the 800GS. Best ones I've seen yet on an S10 were from South Africa. They were custom made - post 1365-66 at http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/inde...pic=23116.1360 If yuo can come up with something close to this that doesn't require cutting the panels, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. The bars should also allow access for side panel removal.

A bashplate you can actually "bash"! I think the S10 has plate mounting on the oil pan - same as my 800GS. This does not work well in my experience. Perhaps some way of having the rear of the plate mount on the footpeg brackets? (I think Hepco and Becker had this idea for the S10 on their Intermot bike) Anything to keep pressure off the oil pan, or at least diffuse the pressure as much as possible.

Handguards, unless Barkbuster Storms will work.

Tail rack/plate with some carefully thought out slots for bungees and straps.

A strong pannier rack with good lateral cross bracing to support the rear of the rack frame. Ideally integrated with the top/tail plate so that you can open your panniers even with a top case. (Unlike Yamaha's set up).

While I'm dreaming, perhaps an auxiliary fuel cell set up like the World Crosser concept Tenere.

Raising links, and even better a front end raising kit. I would love a bit more ground clearance.

Bar risers

Fastway F5 size and style footpegs.

On the electrical side, again, while I'm dreaming: a handlebar mounted "info" control so that you can work your way through the bike info stats without taking your hands off the bars. Bonus points if it has an ABS "off" switch. (Thinking of the BMW handlebar layout for this)

Heated grip kit without the massive and ugly controller, or better yet, a kit with a high/medium/low switch on the handlebar

Dash shelf to mount heated grip controller, extra 12V/accessory sockets, etc.

Front fender raising kit

Above dash vibration dampened GPS mount so that you keep your eyes on the road rather than looking down at the bars.

Kaoko throttle lock

That's all I can think of for the moment.

Chris
sail2xxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 08:17 AM   #4
Ron_Luning
Adventurer

Oddometer: 60
Jeremy_L,
In case it was overlooked, you should ensure that the oil filter can be removed with the skid plate in place(i.e. a human hand can fit in between the plate and the engine). Also, there should be a slot cut into the plate below the area where the oil filter seats against the engine so the oil doesn't fill the skid plate up. Also, hole(s) to fit tools through to remove and oil drain plugs.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:32 AM   #5
Jeremy L OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Thanks for the input, guys, keep it coming!

The AltRider Side Stand Foot for the Yamaha Super Tenere XT1200 is now available for purchase!

Like our other side stand feet, the side stand foot for the Super Tenere is made from 1/8 inch stainless steel. It features a 3D design to create traction for your boots, so it’s easy to deploy while still on the bike.

Torx fasteners allow it to clamp down on the actual foot of the side stand, so even after months of use, you won’t have to deal with rattling or stripped fasteners.

This is the first item we have available for this bike, but there are more on the way! You can order the AltRider side stand foot for the Super Tenere XT1200 now, and if ordered before 2 pm Pacific it will ship today.

AltRider.com
Old 10-29-2010, 04:28 PM   #6
sail2xxs
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 125
Just out of curiosity, is that a non-US spec bike?

One more question - if someone happened to be in the Seattle area, could they visit and see the bike in person?

Chris
sail2xxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 01:11 PM   #7
mobyfubar
cd /;rm -rf *

Oddometer: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy L View Post
Guys, if you're in the Pacific Northwest and plan to attend the Seattle IMS, be sure to stop by booth #447. We'll have our prototypes installed on the Super Tenere for you to check out, and be around to answer questions.
Darn, I sure wish you guys were coming to Cleveland.

Cool photo, too.
mobyfubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 01:25 PM   #8
Jeremy L OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Hey, mobyfubar,

We'll be at the Cleveland show, so keep an eye out for us. Unfortunately, we won't have the Tenere with us by then.

AltRider.com
Old 01-22-2011, 09:35 PM   #9
MoBill
Smiles when says dat

Oddometer: 13,385
Jeremy, it was great to meet and talk to you at Dr's party...really good stuff man, cant wait to see your kit hung on my ST...good stories tonight...

Good luck.

Bill (formerly...and soon again known as MoBill)
MoBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 04:14 PM   #10
Jeremy L OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Hey, Bill, it was great seeing you in NY, too. Hope we'll be able to ride together sometime this year.

AltRider.com
Old 02-01-2011, 04:15 PM   #11
Jeremy L OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Just a quick update about the AltRider luggage rack for the Yamaha Super Tenere XT1200Z: it will now be possible not only to mount in the upper position using our bracket, but in a lower position should you desire to remove the pillion seat.

I'll have pictures for you soon...

AltRider.com
Old 02-02-2011, 06:42 AM   #12
Mugatu
Sidewalk adventurer

Oddometer: 253
That would be great!
Mugatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:59 AM   #13
AltRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 181
Our lead industrial designer, Don, just finished a video about our crash bars for the Super Tenere. In it, he explains our manufacturing process and the way the bars are designed to distribute impact energy, then shows you how they're installed.

Our crash bars for the Super Tenere are available for pre-order. If you're interested in purchasing them, you may want to reserve your set now.

-Christina