Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2010, 07:34 AM   #1
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 368
Thumb SPIDI gear for ADVrider (any doubt we are the best?)

Who we are

Spidi was founded in Vicenza – Italy in 1977 as a racing glove manufacturer and expanded over the years to become one of the world’s biggest, most respected brands for technical motorsport gear.

Kenny Roberts' racing gloves from 1979 to 1983

Over the years, we developed and patented innovative solutions that are still the golden standard for excellence like, for example, our DPS Airbag system that you can find in Venture DPS Airbag Jacket from 2010:

or the exclusive H2OUT waterproof, windproof and breathable membrane that we developed to become a point of reference in the market:

or the incredible racing cooling system AIS INTERCOOLER:

For more info on who we are, and our history, please click here.

Products fitting the ADV rider model

40% of our collection is dedicated to ADV market. Some of our products, like ERGO 05 jacket, have become milestones in the enduro/ adventure market. We may be the most expensive out there but there are a lot of reasons for that: from constant research to Italian design, we bring you the best in performance and product quality.

Questions about all that

We’ll do our best in order to clarify all the doubts about our collection and recommend matching items and ideal equipment according to the riding style you feel is the best for you. We hope you’ll enjoy this service to you, ADV inmate.

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Spidi is creator of Ergo Jacket.

Visit us here.

Spidi - on track screwed with this post 12-14-2010 at 07:37 AM Reason: boken links fixed
Spidi - on track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 09:03 AM   #2
808RDR
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Laugh Spidi Gloves

Hey Guys,

I just got my new Spidi Carbo Six gloves and they are awesome!

Super comfortable, no break in needed and they look great! Can't wait to go riding this weekend!

http://www.spidi.com/eu/eu_en/carbosix.html
808RDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 10:25 AM   #3
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Spidi Gloves

Hi guy (RDR?)
We're pleased you're going to enjoy your Carbosix.
As you surely know, riders like Colin Edwards or Marco Melandri use Carbosix gloves for several years now.
This model has been launched in 2005, and re-styled several times in order to get all the changes required by top riders around the world. Through the years some protection zones has been changed from Carbon to Carbon/Metal mix and some stitches has been reinforced.
We can now say it is the perfect racing glove in our collection; a prove of this is that one model fits now all our riders: Colin Edwards, Marco Melandri and Cal Crutchlow are just some of these Carbosix-lovers.

A reason of this has to be found in the incredible feeling associated to maximum protection: the hardest target in designing a top of the range protection-instrument is the magic combination of these 2 elements, finding the optimal balance between safety and comfort.

We used a lot of this experience to create our touring range, with our latest release Carbo Winter as a next benchmark in winter-touring market, have a look here.

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Visit us here.

Spidi - on track screwed with this post 12-20-2010 at 10:39 AM
Old 12-20-2010, 12:37 PM   #4
TallRob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,395
Does Spidi make leathers for someone over 2 meters tall? Say 6'9"?
TallRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 12:52 PM   #5
Brtp4
Yea, its a friggin L

Oddometer: 1,928
Matteo, I have a request: post up some photos of that NR750 in your lobby per favore....

BP

Atomic Moto.com
Bend, OR
Brtp4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 02:20 AM   #6
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brtp4 View Post
Matteo, I have a request: post up some photos of that NR750 in your lobby per favore....

BP
Pretty good italian, BRT.

We're posting images soon...

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Visit us here.

Spidi - on track screwed with this post 12-21-2010 at 02:47 AM
Old 12-21-2010, 12:52 AM   #7
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Spidi tailor made

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallRob View Post
Does Spidi make leathers for someone over 2 meters tall? Say 6'9"?
Hi Rob.
Spidi makes on-fit suits upon request.
We manage an ultimate factory unit here in Vicenza - Italy, where all our professional riders’ kits are designed and produced. The unit is also producing on-fit kits for consumers, or special editions for world touring meetings or individual expedition Projects, where rider require special equipment (Airbag/ integrated GPS/ cooling systems etc.)
To get in contact with on-fit service office, please write to infoservice@spidi.com , subject “ON FIT”, they will answer with all the instructions about how to proceed.
You will receive a size-list to fill and send back, together with desired model and other customizations (colors, typing…) you should require.
Price is usually double than normal items, delivery times are from 8 to 12 weeks depending from season time. These workers are very busy in spring time, when MotoGP and World Superbike championships are starting taking off.

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Visit us here.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:20 PM   #8
Alleycatdad
Unbunch yer panties!

Oddometer: 1,377
Matteo,

I'm very interested in the carbo winter gloves, and i have a question: Does this glove have any insulation on the palm-side f the hand or fingers? I have small hands and any additional thickness here makes my hands hurt and is not needed since I have heated grips. What I want is a good-fitting glove that has a standard thickness palm and grip-side of the fingers with some insulation on the back of the hand and fingers.

Thanks!

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidi - on track View Post
Hi guy (RDR?)
We're pleased you're going to enjoy your Carbosix.
As you surely know, riders like Colin Edwards or Marco Melandri use Carbosix gloves for several years now.
This model has been launched in 2005, and re-styled several times in order to get all the changes required by top riders around the world. Through the years some protection zones has been changed from Carbon to Carbon/Metal mix and some stitches has been reinforced.
We can now say it is the perfect racing glove in our collection; a prove of this is that one model fits now all our riders: Colin Edwards, Marco Melandri and Cal Crutchlow are just some of these Carbosix-lovers.

A reason of this has to be found in the incredible feeling associated to maximum protection: the hardest target in designing a top of the range protection-instrument is the magic combination of these 2 elements, finding the optimal balance between safety and comfort.

We used a lot of this experience to create our touring range, with our latest release Carbo Winter as a next benchmark in winter-touring market, have a look here.

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy
Bad decisions make good stories.
Alleycatdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:05 AM   #9
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Spidi Carbo Winter racing winter glove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alleycatdad View Post
Matteo,

I'm very interested in the carbo winter gloves, and i have a question: Does this glove have any insulation on the palm-side f the hand or fingers? I have small hands and any additional thickness here makes my hands hurt and is not needed since I have heated grips. What I want is a good-fitting glove that has a standard thickness palm and grip-side of the fingers with some insulation on the back of the hand and fingers.

Thanks!

Steve
Dear Alley,

Carbo Winter is the waterproof/breathable version of the Carbo 3 Racing glove, the latest released racing glove, used in 2012 from the majority of our MotoGP and World Superbike riders.
Being a racing glove, the cut and shape are not so "fat"; it is quite slim indeed. The Primaloft padding is on the back only, while the palm offer you a grip with is very similar to the summer racing gloves.

Thanks for your interest

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Visit us here.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:40 AM   #10
bayarearider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
Spidi Raider Tex Jacket

http://www.spidi.com/eu/eu_en/textil...ts/raider.html

I finally decided to buy this jacket but I no longer see this product anywhere. Kneedraggers.com in the US had it in their store but its not that anymore. I wear a full armour pressure suit inside and I thought this jacket complements it very well for enduro/dual-sport riding.

Does anyone here know where I can still buy this ?

bayarearider screwed with this post 01-29-2012 at 10:47 AM
bayarearider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:25 PM   #11
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarearider View Post
http://www.spidi.com/eu/eu_en/textil...ts/raider.html

I finally decided to buy this jacket but I no longer see this product anywhere. Kneedraggers.com in the US had it in their store but its not that anymore. I wear a full armour pressure suit inside and I thought this jacket complements it very well for enduro/dual-sport riding.

Does anyone here know where I can still buy this ?
Hi bayarearider.

Spidi Raider jacket is out of stock almost everywhere, du to high demand in the last season.
It also comes with H2Out waterproof removable membrane, the name is Raider H2Out and you can find it available also at this page: http://www.spidi.com/eu/eu_en/textil...der-h2out.html

Thanks for your interest

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Visit us here.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:12 PM   #12
MZ5
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 102
Hello, Mateo. I have Spidi pants (Hurricane), gloves (STR-1), and boots (Xpd XP-7 WRS), and I am generally pleased with these items. I also applaud Spidi's effort to introduce motorcycle clothing in light colors for visibility, but also for those of us who live in hot climates. I live in the southern part of Arizona, which is a VERY HOT part of the world. For commuting here (60 - 80 mph on the freeway) I usually wear a leather jacket. In the summer, mesh is a very bad idea here, because it is too hot for mesh. A better solution is a jacket that will ventilate, but that the ventilation can be controlled, with an LD Comfort under-layer soaked with water.

My question is: Which of your textile jackets, and especially pants, would provide the best abrasion protection in the event of a 60 - 80 mph low-side crash, in the above conditions? I must ask you to try to recommend something that is available in a light color, because solar heat gain is a problem (I've tried riding here in a water-proof black textile jacket. That was a terrible experience!). Also, water-proofing is not at all important to me, since we only get ~6" of rain per year, and most of that will fall in just a few days.

Thank you!
MZ5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:06 PM   #13
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Summer jackets

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZ5 View Post
Hello, Mateo. I have Spidi pants (Hurricane), gloves (STR-1), and boots (Xpd XP-7 WRS), and I am generally pleased with these items. I also applaud Spidi's effort to introduce motorcycle clothing in light colors for visibility, but also for those of us who live in hot climates. I live in the southern part of Arizona, which is a VERY HOT part of the world. For commuting here (60 - 80 mph on the freeway) I usually wear a leather jacket. In the summer, mesh is a very bad idea here, because it is too hot for mesh. A better solution is a jacket that will ventilate, but that the ventilation can be controlled, with an LD Comfort under-layer soaked with water.

My question is: Which of your textile jackets, and especially pants, would provide the best abrasion protection in the event of a 60 - 80 mph low-side crash, in the above conditions? I must ask you to try to recommend something that is available in a light color, because solar heat gain is a problem (I've tried riding here in a water-proof black textile jacket. That was a terrible experience!). Also, water-proofing is not at all important to me, since we only get ~6" of rain per year, and most of that will fall in just a few days.

Thank you!
MZ5,

we sell a lot of Textiles to Arizona, and most of customers prefer our Netix or Netforce types.
But I agree, sometimes in very high temperatures light colors with generous ventings could be more useful. Here I give you an example (STREET tex jacket):

The thermal liner is removable, and the ventilation is adjustable, here's a zoom:

Anyway, 80% of our 4-seasons jacket are step-in-clothing equipped: you can remove both thermal liner and waterproof liner, and use external shield in hot weather, opening direct ventilations. Here you have the Marathon Jacket as an example:
Thanks for your interest

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Visit us here.

Spidi - on track screwed with this post 02-19-2012 at 03:17 AM
Old 02-19-2012, 12:02 AM   #14
MightyClown
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Hi Matteo,

Those are great close ups and well done on showing the details of your equipment, you should get some of the detailed explanations of how the venting and other features of your jackets onto your main website / product descriptions.

thanks.
MightyClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:09 AM   #15
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyClown View Post
Hi Matteo,

Those are great close ups and well done on showing the details of your equipment, you should get some of the detailed explanations of how the venting and other features of your jackets onto your main website / product descriptions.

thanks.
MightyClown,

thank you very much for your suggestion. I know my colleagues from web dept here in Italy are working hard every day to improve it.
I'll push them to make all these information clearer and images more visible.

Any doubt you should have please don't hesitate to ask me.

Thanks again for your interest

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Visit us here, or follow our daily updates on Facebook and Twitter.

Visit us here.