User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2011, 08:15 PM   #1
OLEARY OP
Enlightened Voyager

Oddometer: 2,430
AR-ADV Camping Thread

This threads purpose is to set up a "Arkansas ADV Rider Event Schedule 2014" and a "ADV Rider Response" list for people that are interested in participating in "Camp Out Rides" or just camping out. Folks can gather, hang out, do day rides, and organize rides from your location to the campsite location with other riders in your area. The locations were selected with the thought in mind that the sites would alternate from Central Arkansas to NW Arkansas so that everyone would have the opportunity to attend without having to travel a couple of hundred miles to get to the site.

Check out each site by clicking on the link above and add your name in each individual event (click on buttons on the bottom). If you do not see your name along with your handle please add as the individual sites are editable by anyone who opens the link. If I made an mistake on your name or handle as it appears go ahead and correct it. Please do not edit anyone elses entry other than your own. If the dates shown fit with your schedule enter "YES", "NO", or "MAYBE"as indicated in the example. If it turns out that noone likes the site or cannot make the date we will modify it accordingly. In the "Park Info" column there is a link that has information about each of the camping sites. This is located in the "Event Schedule" as well as each individual site response sheet. Click on buttons at the bottom of the "Event Schedule" to open each specific site and these are editable. Here is where you add your name if you do not see it and your handle and respond to each planned site as to whether you are a "YES", "NO", or "MAYBE".

Event Schedule: AR ADV Rider Event Schedule 2014

AR500 2014 Page : AR ADV Rider Event Schedule 2014 - AR500 2014 Click on Park Facilities and the link under that heading and it will take you to Scotty's website where all the ride info for the AR500 will be accessed. Website not up and running yet. I will link it in when available.

SLAP 2014 Page : AR ADV Rider Event Schedule 2014 - SLAP 2014
Click on Slap and the link under that heading will take you to SLAP 2014 thread where all the ride info for SLAP will be accessed.
Colorado/Moab 2012
Occasionally the tree of Liberty must be watered with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants.

OLEARY screwed with this post 03-30-2014 at 05:45 PM
OLEARY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:05 PM   #2
Dragon43
If you insist.

Oddometer: 5,895
I am Google Docs member & signed in. I added my name so I can edit. I still do not see where you want individuals names nor can I get any entries to take my input.

Could you go first and so we can see what & where we are to add our names and to yes/no/maybe each camp out....

I watched the help video and everthin.... No joy.....

Splain please.....
Old 01-13-2011, 02:42 AM   #3
devrodirt
devro

Oddometer: 505
Open the tabs at the bottom of the spreadsheet.
Out here where you can breathe. Lyle Lovett
devrodirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:33 AM   #4
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid

Oddometer: 16,459
Great idea Tim.

I nearly printed out the schedule to take to the beer swill last night.

Happy Holidays DrLewall !
mouthfulloflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:55 AM   #5
Dragon43
If you insist.

Oddometer: 5,895
OK, I be splained now.....
Old 01-13-2011, 08:13 AM   #6
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 32,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by devrodirt View Post
Open the tabs at the bottom of the spreadsheet.
I did that, but only get "partial" tabs...for some reason it wont let me see all the venues..any ideas?
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:46 AM   #7
apostle2
The road less traveled.

Oddometer: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
I did that, but only get "partial" tabs...for some reason it wont let me see all the venues..any ideas?
Hey Doc, what screen resolution are you running? Do you see two buttons just to the right of the Tabs (left arrow button and right arrow button)? If so just us those buttons to scroll left or right to see the rest of the Tabs.

I just opened the spreadsheet up and noticed that 577 people were viewing it. WOW!

I did notice that it was running a little slow because of this, so be patient.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:55 AM   #8
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by apostle2 View Post
Hey Doc, what screen resolution are you running? Do you see two buttons just to the right of the Tabs (left arrow button and right arrow button)? If so just us those buttons to scroll left or right to see the rest of the Tabs.
I "had" the arrows and they didnt work..now the arrows are gone and I see a SHEET 9 and a + tab..and thats all
Old 01-13-2011, 08:29 AM   #9
apostle2
The road less traveled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon43 View Post
I still do not see where you want individuals names nor can I get any entries to take my input.

Could you go first and so we can see what & where we are to add our names and to yes/no/maybe each camp out....
Splain please.....
Hey Gus,

Just so you and everyone else knows, the Event Schedule and the SLAP sheets are locked. Only Oleary and I can edit those at the moment. All of the other sheets can be edited by anyone gaining access from the link provided. With that being said, everyone please edit responsibly (BE CAREFULL!). I have a backup if neccessary and will continue to make backups along the way.

And incase you haven't figured it out yet, the Attendance and Camping columns on the list/sign-up sheets contain drop-down boxes. When you click on a cell in those columns a small arrow will appear at the top-right of the cell. Click on the arrow and a list will appear dispaying Yes/No/Maybe. Just click on the preferred item and it will fill in the blank cell. Or you can just type Yes/No/Maybe into the field directly.

If anyone wants to add new events/dates just contact Oleary or me and we will add it to the Event Schedule and create a new list/sign-up sheet for it. This is just the start of this proccess, Oleary and I will try to make improvements as we go. Feel free to send us suggestions but please understand the Google Docs is limited on features, but we'll try our best.

Hopefully this proccess will work to benefit everyone. Enjoy

Dave

apostle2 screwed with this post 01-13-2011 at 09:53 AM
apostle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 06:44 PM   #10
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLEARY View Post
This threads purpose is to set up a "Camping Schedule" and a "ADV Rider REsponse" list for people that are interested in participating in "Camp Out Rides" or just camping out can gather, hang out, do day rides, and organize rides from your location to the campsite location. The locations were selected with the thought in mind that the sites would alternate from Central Arkansas to NW Arkansas so that everyone would have the opportunity to attend without having to travel a couple of hundred miles to attend.
https://spreadsheets0.google.com/ccc?key=tlFE0e9aKvTnAMOLKI1uTPw&hl=en&authkey=COWDsbID#gid=0
CHeck out the links and add your name if you do not see it along with your handle and give us an idea if the dates shown fit with your schedule or not. You can see from the examples that your choices are "YES", "NO", or "MAYBE". If it turns out that noone likes the site or cannot make the date we will modify it accordingly.

A thread will be made of each outing and everyone is free to comment and commiserate about the upcoming event and afterwards post all of their RR's and such. I am open to suggestions but lets not make this any harder than we have to. Happy Trails!

Oleary
hey Tim..any chance that you can change that color from yellow to red..can't see the yellow! tnx!
Old 01-13-2011, 07:51 PM   #11
OLEARY OP
Enlightened Voyager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
hey Tim..any chance that you can change that color from yellow to red..can't see the yellow! tnx!
You Betcha Doc! Here to help ya not to hurt ya!
Colorado/Moab 2012
Occasionally the tree of Liberty must be watered with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:39 AM   #12
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLEARY View Post
You Betcha Doc! Here to help ya not to hurt ya!
THANK YOU!!! Mo' betta!
Old 01-16-2011, 09:53 AM   #13
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer: 15,339
Great idea O'leary and Apostle! first rate stuff. I've responded and will try to make most of the events. I have a new set of Dirt Bagz Rangers with the Dirt Bagz duffle waiting on me when I get home.

I also purchased a new and unused Big Agnes Seedhouse II (for waaaay cheap $75 !!! ) off Craigslist that was just delivered.

All I lack now is a first rate sleeping bag but gotta wait for the "$ fairy" to leave some cash under my pillow....

TRZ Charlie screwed with this post 01-16-2011 at 09:32 PM
TRZ Charlie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:22 PM   #14
apostle2
The road less traveled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRZ Charlie View Post
All I lack now is a first rate sleeping bag but gotta wait for the "$ fairy" to leave some cash under my pillow....
Well since you already have the Big Agnus tent, might as well get a Big Agnus sleeping bag. They are first rate.
$75.00 for that tent was an absolute steal, way to go.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:19 PM   #15
OLEARY OP
Enlightened Voyager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRZ Charlie View Post
Great idea O'leary and Apostle! first rate stuff. I've responded and will try to make most of the events. I have a new set of Dirt Bagz Rangers with the Dirt Bagz duffle waiting on me when I get home.

I also purchased a new and unused Big Agnes Seedhouse II (for waaaay cheap $75 !!! ) off Craigslist that was just delivered.

Sounds like you are ready to camp! Me too! Bring plenty of quarters. I'm feeling lucky!! In a gambling sense that is.
Colorado/Moab 2012