User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2011, 10:30 PM   #1
brockoli OP
build of cool stuff

Oddometer: 180
Side Effects throwing out some bait...

Here's a pic for you guys and gals to ponder over. I have more, but photobucket is not being friendly right now and I don't know if I can post a facebook link up to view the photo album that all the pictures are in.
-Brock Smith
Side Effects

Name:  IMG_5146.jpg
Views: 3260
Size:  119.9 KB
brockoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:33 AM   #2
AceRph
Affluenza Free!

Oddometer: 24,485
Oh man! Nice.

Hey Red!! Look at THESE welds!

I'm really satisfied with the service and features that SmugMug provides, Brock. No ads, custom pages, videos, backups. Fairly inexpensive for what is provided.

“We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer.” —”Extreme Behavior in Aspen,” February 3, 2003

"The State sees the spectre looming ahead of terrorism and anarchy, and this increases the risk of its over-reaction and a reduction in our freedom." - Stanley Kubrick
AceRph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:07 AM   #3
D.Bachtel
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 487
Need more bait Brock, and Ralph is correct... that is some fine metal stitching going on.

Sooo... more bait plaese!

Don in Nipomo
D.Bachtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:04 AM   #4
brockoli OP
build of cool stuff

Name:  IMG_5152.jpg
Views: 2725
Size:  138.0 KB

removable aluminum rocker arm mounting plate, lots of stuff in a little bit of room ;)
Old 03-02-2011, 08:24 AM   #5
RedMenace
Adventure Sidecar

Oddometer: 5,168
facebook?
RedMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:29 PM   #6
AceRph
Affluenza Free!

Oddometer: 24,485
Hey Brock!

Cool pics! Thanks for your participation.

“We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer.” —”Extreme Behavior in Aspen,” February 3, 2003

"The State sees the spectre looming ahead of terrorism and anarchy, and this increases the risk of its over-reaction and a reduction in our freedom." - Stanley Kubrick

AceRph screwed with this post 03-02-2011 at 07:52 PM
AceRph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:33 PM   #7
uraldog
vagabond

Oddometer: 405
fuck face book -- post it here -- Face Book is for the YUPPY crowd
uraldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:27 PM   #8
brockoli OP
build of cool stuff

Side Effects Sidecars, Trikes, & Steerite

Hi Everyone, Here are some links to check out while our website is being redone. We specialize in everything from basic installs of sidecars and trikes, to full blown custom fabrication of what ever you like, racks, hitches, sub-frames, suspension, exhaust, wheels, off road, etc. We have been in the industry a VERY long time and have done work with and for customers and manufacturers all over the world. We are the people that build the 'Steerite' triple clamps that have been put on hundreds and hundreds of peoples trikes and sidecars. We also developed the original 'Leading Legs' as well as our 'Leverite' kits for you BMW guys with trikes and hacks.
I will do my best in answering what ever questions you may have as well as the best way to go about doing some things that are sidecar or trike related. Feel free to post below and I will reply. Check out the links below and see whats been going on.

Thanks for the go-ahead on the link. Here it is direct link to the photo album pages.
http://www.facebook.com/photos.php?id=144069652295470

Here is the link to the 'wall' with information that may interest some people.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Side-E...44069652295470

This is my first post in the vendors forum, I have read the 'read before you post' rules and I believe I am with in them. If not, please contact me and I will adjust accordingly. Thanks to all the moderators for keeping this a great site!
Regards,
Brock Smith
Side Effects
Old 03-02-2011, 08:21 PM   #9
Ricardo Kuhn
a.k.a. Mr Rico Suave

Oddometer: 12,221
Brock your Facebook page is amazing, Nice to know people don't need to resource to Europe to get some really trick stuff..

Please post the pictures of your amazing work here or get some photo site and share them here.

Congratulations again, Your guys are really good at your job and your welder(s) is miss at his old "plastic Surgeon" job, FuckMe he is good, hell God
Old 03-02-2011, 08:27 PM   #10
brockoli OP
build of cool stuff

Thanks, I was trying to upload the pictures to my photobucket account but the sizes of some of the pictures are huge so I have to go through and resize them all first. The welder/fabricator/ designer is me, thanks, not been one for blood and gore of plastic surgery though, hahaha, I'll stick to the metal stuff :) Gerry is the one that does all of the Steerites so I can't take credit for his fine handy work either. I will post a link to the photobucket page when I have all the photos uploaded, keep checking in.
-Brock Smith
Old 03-02-2011, 08:50 PM   #11
Ricardo Kuhn
a.k.a. Mr Rico Suave

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockoli View Post
Thanks, I was trying to upload the pictures to my photobucket account but the sizes of some of the pictures are huge so I have to go through and resize them all first.
No, No ,No get your self a Smugmug account and get Treated like the pro you are a deserve, Is not to expensive, super easy to use, Link and you can keep all your photos at full size

Quote:

The welder/fabricator/ designer is me, thanks, not been one for blood and gore of plastic surgery though, hahaha, I'll stick to the metal stuff :)
Man Brock you are really good, What kind of training do you have, Aircraft, Military, Racing machines,,,etc...?

Hey do you have any pictures of your "Shop tools"...
Quote:
Gerry is the one that does all of the Steerites so I can't take credit for his fine handy work either. I will post a link to the photobucket page when I have all the photos uploaded, keep checking in.
-Brock Smith
Well Congratulate Gerry too, You guys make some really fancy stuff and so so Beautiful too
Old 03-02-2011, 09:10 PM   #12
brockoli OP
build of cool stuff

I will look in to the smugmug. Thanks

As for training, Gerry is a ticketed welder, did the schooling etc and is very trained in what he does. As for me, I guess when you've been around this stuff from day one you get to pick up all the skills that get passed along, my dad (Peter Smith) has taught me a lot. I have a huge interest in fabrication and always have. I was in the bicycle industry (mechanic in the DH wonderland that is Kamloops, birth of Freeriding) for about 13 years and have a huge understanding of suspensions and their workings as well as geometry and what works and what doesn't. I have my own shop doing fabrication work as well (bumpers, roll cages, custom stainless exhausts and headers, all custom) and it just comes to me, sounds cocky maybe, but sometimes I look at the finished product and think, 'Did I just build that?'. Soon the two shops will become one, as we are moving Side Effects to it's new location (my new shop, built to handle both businesses) as my mom and dad 'retire'. My wife does all the office work and Gerry and myself are in the shop. I'll be 32 this year and I think a fresh outlook on some things is a benefit, in any business, but when you're dealing with the weird contraptions that sidecars are ;) , and have been, for the last 100+ years, it's good to get out of the 'we do it this way cause that's the way it's always been done' rut. Not to say the old way isn't good, just trying to inject some fresh ideas in to the world that is sidecars.
Thanks for the compliments, I'm off to adjust my hat now, hahahaha.
-Brock Smith
Side Effects
Old 03-02-2011, 09:28 PM   #13
Ricardo Kuhn
a.k.a. Mr Rico Suave

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockoli View Post
I will look in to the smugmug. Thanks

As for training, Gerry is a ticketed welder, did the schooling etc and is very trained in what he does. As for me, I guess when you've been around this stuff from day one you get to pick up all the skills that get passed along, my dad (Peter Smith) has taught me a lot. I have a huge interest in fabrication and always have. I was in the bicycle industry (mechanic in the DH wonderland that is Kamloops, birth of Freeriding) for about 13 years and have a huge understanding of suspensions and their workings as well as geometry and what works and what doesn't. I have my own shop doing fabrication work as well (bumpers, roll cages, custom stainless exhausts and headers, all custom) and it just comes to me, sounds cocky maybe, but sometimes I look at the finished product and think, 'Did I just build that?'. Soon the two shops will become one, as we are moving Side Effects to it's new location (my new shop, built to handle both businesses) as my mom and dad 'retire'. My wife does all the office work and Gerry and myself are in the shop. I'll be 32 this year and I think a fresh outlook on some things is a benefit, in any business, but when you're dealing with the weird contraptions that sidecars are ;) , and have been, for the last 100+ years, it's good to get out of the 'we do it this way cause that's the way it's always been done' rut. Not to say the old way isn't good, just trying to inject some fresh ideas in to the world that is sidecars.
Thanks for the compliments, I'm off to adjust my hat now, hahahaha.
-Brock Smith
Side Effects
Fuck 32 Years old............!!!!!!!!!

Brock your work is so "mature", is very factual, Very technical, No "Decorations" Is also easy to tell about your Bicycle background (I'm big onto Bikes too, Nicolai's, Balfa's all that fun stuff) who did you work with...??

Even if I'm not a sidecar owner Yet, I very much appreciate when something is done "just right" and for sure you craft is the shit.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:51 PM   #14
Ricardo Kuhn
a.k.a. Mr Rico Suave

Brock is this yours..??

I found this picture at the Honda Element forum, Amazing as usual, Funny I recognize the "Roundness" of your work before I recognize the name..

AceRph screwed with this post 04-09-2011 at 07:02 AM Reason: Image didn't show at "M". Changed to "O".
Ricardo Kuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 07:35 AM   #15
brockoli OP
build of cool stuff

Hi Ricardo,
Yes, That's a bumper I built for a friends Dodge, built the front too, still have to build the rock sliders for him. Gone for a week, ttyl.
-Brock
[/CENTER]