Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2011, 09:10 PM   #1
underkill OP
Horsepower Junkie

Oddometer: 1,709
Fly Trekker Dual Sport Helmet?

Has anyone heard of this?

Fly Trekker... dual sport helmet, has the regular street shield and offroad visor.

Comes in high vis yellow?!

http://www.flyracing.com/moto/race-w...trekker-helmet

Anyway... searched and didn't find anything about it... Anyone have one? like it? Does it work with goggles? Was originally researching the Fly Carbon offroad helmets, but liked my Shoei Hornet enough to consider another one like it...
underkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:16 PM   #2
Wannabee
Survivor of Reality

Oddometer: 2,448
Look on Atomic Moto's website , that is the same helmet that AFX has out , it is made by another manufacture. Looks cool though , I myself have been looking at them.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:54 AM   #3
aim2kill
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by underkill View Post

Fly Trekker... dual sport helmet, has the regular street shield and offroad visor.

Anyway... searched and didn't find anything about it... Anyone have one? like it? Does it work with goggles? Was originally researching the Fly Carbon offroad helmets, but liked my Shoei Hornet enough to consider another one like it...
it also comes in Black, Matte black, silver, and white. In addition to the Hi-Viz yellow of course.
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/f...kker-ds-helmet

I am trying to track down some more reviews as well as replacement len's for it, but i think it looks great. like a poor man's icon variant.

revzilla did a review on them here:

i really want to get a set for my wife and I, but i want to hear a couple people's real-world views on them first. first appearance seems they are pretty solid for the $$.

If you are ashamed to stand by your colors, you had better seek another flag. ~Author Unknown
aim2kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:50 PM   #4
Abomb
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
FLy Trekker and AFX FX-39 are made by the same company, same helmet, THH. THe Fly hlemet has a higher price point with no added features.

Here is a quick review:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...=658019&page=6

Just ordered a AFX from Atomic Moto. I will put a review in the above thread when I can.
Abomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 12:50 AM   #5
aim2kill
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abomb View Post
FLy Trekker and AFX FX-39 are made by the same company, same helmet, THH. THe Fly hlemet has a higher price point with no added features.

Here is a quick review:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...=658019&page=6

Just ordered a AFX from Atomic Moto. I will put a review in the above thread when I can.
Thanks for the link
just the info i was looking for, it seems really well loved, esp for the money. I think I might just buy a set this week, but I dunno, i'll keep on the research path.

Thanks Abomb!

If you are ashamed to stand by your colors, you had better seek another flag. ~Author Unknown
aim2kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 04:17 AM   #6
Great Buffalo
Great Plains Rider

Oddometer: 514
This is basically the same helmet as the AFX FX39. I just picked one up and so far I really like. The price was right as well at about 120 bucks. The only issue I'm having is that I wear glasses and the cheek pads are a little high and interfere with the glasses. I may find a way to cut this down some. They will also work well with goggles but I will not be using them due to the glasses this. I would go with contacts but my eyes don't get along with them. I'm happy with the purchase.
Great Buffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:39 PM   #7
koorbloh
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 148
I accidentally picked up the fly on Saturday (the guy earned my business, and I needed a new lid anyway).

one quick little jaunt was awesome, this is an awesome around town helmet. breathes good, comfy, great visibility.

one commute told me what I needed to know about highway speeds...hey, it has a visor--wind-wise, it's a good compromise between a street helmet and a dirt helmet, but it catches and pulls with the wind once you turn your head to check blind spots.

I wear glasses when I'm not going to be riding, and contacts when I'm going to be riding, and I was able to get my glasses on right in the store, but I couldn't on the quick little ride? I dunno. it's tricky, and I'll be attempting it again, I'm sure :)
Old 10-09-2011, 05:59 PM   #8
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,779
Bummer what a let down. Buddy of mine owned the afx version. I was hoping the trekker was slightly better quality. Bummer, was planning on picking one of these up. Guess I will keep looking.
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:52 PM   #9
Guyonabike
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
I have this helmet as well. It is sitting on the shelf. The adj vents rattle like crazy. Anyone else getting this?
Guyonabike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:15 PM   #10
jjstunts
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Fly Trekker

I have one and love it. At speed on my HP2 Enduro w/ no windshield, it has the least amount of "lift" from the visor catching the wind of all of my dual sport helmets which are the Arai XD, Shoei DS, & the Icon Variant. I was a bit nervous about the quality because of the price after having to send back the Bell Revolver because it was absolute crap, but the Fly Trekker fits great and the fit and finish is top-notch. I have not been able to find anywhere any tinted shields for it but that's fine because you can actually wear goggles and still operate the flip down shield! I can't do that with any of my other helmets. Below is a photo with goggles. In my opinion, it is the best helmet, cost wise, out there.

jjstunts screwed with this post 12-19-2011 at 08:29 PM
jjstunts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:36 PM   #11
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by underkill View Post

Bought mine about 4 weeks ago so far so good. A little windy inside on the freeway but I love it otherwise.

An oddity about it that really isnt that much of a big deal when completely down on the freeway look down and to your right or left, like you are looking for traffic in your blind spot my visor falls open a little but shuts again when you look forward. Not a deal breaker - just oddness.

montibank screwed with this post 12-09-2011 at 11:41 PM
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:01 AM   #12
Mikey Boy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 232
I have the Trekker and I've been trying to get a mirrored or smoked shield for it for the sun. Everyone online is out of them. Apparently Fly needs to produce more. Chaparral MS has one on order for me but I'm curious if anyone has heard an update on replacement shields?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
Mikey Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:02 AM   #13
Mikey Boy
Gnarly Adventurer

I emailed Fly but no response yet.

Old 03-06-2012, 11:18 AM   #14
Mikey Boy
Gnarly Adventurer

Ok. This is the info I got. No tinted shields till June it looks like.

Hello Michael,

Thank you for contacting FLY Racing. Unfortunately we sold thru all of the tinted shields that we had in stock. Yes we do have more on order the ETA Date that we have from the manufacture is 06-20-12 mid June.

The only replacement shields that we currently have available is the Clear Shield.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards, Doug Downing Motorcycle / ATV Tech Support

Old 04-23-2012, 12:23 AM   #15
Guyonabike
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Anyone experiencing lots of vibrations with theirs. Great value but kinda noisy at highway speeds.

Yes I also experience weird sunglasses fit with it as well.

Just my .02

G

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Guyonabike is offline   Reply With Quote