User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2011, 11:06 AM   #1
kramnamhoh OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 312
Gender feminism sends me to south america

Iíve had some amazing experiences over the last couple of years. It all started when I lost my job in the beginning of 2010. A woman claimed I had said and done something, and before I knew it I was fired. It didnít matter that what she had claimed was easily proved to be a fabrication of her imagination. It only mattered that she had said it had happened. We are so societally conditioned by the gender feminist movement to believe that men are guilty of whatever a woman claims, that the truth doesnít matter anymore. Men are guilty until proven innocent. It has been an incredible education. Even more disheartening, is seeing some people who I thought were my friends drop our friendship like a hot potato. I guess when the poo hits the fan you find out who your true friends are.

Anyway, enough of my soap box rant. I found myself unemployed with lots of time available. So, what to do? I decided itís time to work on the bucket list. In the summer of 2010, I rode 7000 miles across Europe. Since then, Iíve continued working on my goal of seeing 100+ national parks and monuments. I am currently on #86. Starting December 1, 2011, Iím going to ride a KLR650 through Mexico, central america, and south america to the end of the road in Ushuaia, Argentina. Next summer, Iíll ride to the end of the road north to Prudhoe, Alaska. Iíll also take my daughter on a long motorcycle trip next summer. We are going to go see the tallest, largest and oldest trees in the world. They all happen to be in California. Then, Iíll be out of money, and desperately seeking to rejoin the workforce.
The best thing that has happened in this time off is being able to spend quality time with my daughters. When Iím not travelling, I have been doing something with them. I got to volunteer almost every week in my youngest daughterís class last year. How many divorced dads can say that? The bond with my daughters, especially my youngest daughter, has been strengthened by the time I have been able to spend with them. i don't think i would have the time otherwise while working full time. For this alone, the forced time away from work has been worth it.

i have also had time to spend with family and close friends strengthening our bonds. I've also had the opportunity to work through the remaining issues that I was still carrying around post-divorce. Altogether, it's been an incredibly positive life changing experience.

So, off to South America I go. I am as prepared as Iíll ever be for this adventure. I know enough Spanish to ask where the bathroom or the doctor is. For bike prep, I put a fuel filter on the KLR, mounted some old Givi bags (thank you Dave!) and a Rubbermaid top box, and changed the oil. Iíll fix whatever pops up with a combination of JB weld, zip ties, gorilla tape and luck along the way. i also learned how to change my own tires...what a pain in the *ss that was. I hope i don't have to do that again!!
Attached Images

kramnamhoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:10 AM   #2
kramnamhoh OP
Gnarly Adventurer

where i lay my head is home

where I lay my head is home

...a roadside camp in the Italian Alps....
Attached Images

kramnamhoh screwed with this post 11-23-2011 at 11:32 AM
Old 11-14-2011, 11:19 AM   #3
kramnamhoh OP
Gnarly Adventurer

#81 vermillion cliffs national monument

Yes...sand washes and overloaded Vstroms do not mix!!
Attached Images

Old 11-22-2011, 04:23 AM   #4
Parcero
Mundial

Oddometer: 520
Have fun, ride safe, and kudos for seeing the silver lining and taking advantage of it. I will also be heading south, departing Chicago on November 28 and riding into Mexico and on to Central America. Let me know what route you're taking, perhaps we'll run into each other.

Light Dual Sport Fun in Michigan

R1200GS / KLR650 / XR400 / XR250 / 1950 Panhead
Parcero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:24 AM   #5
poolman
Gnarly Poolside Adv.

Oddometer: 702
Welcome to Adv. Have a safe journey and post lots of pictures!

Sacred Valley of the Incas
Costa Rica Solo
poolman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:43 PM   #6
Manolito
Patagonia guide

Oddometer: 237
I'm in
Manolito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:54 PM   #7
TurkeyChicken
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 186
Sorry to hear about the false claims, but you sure look like you've made the best of it with your rides!
TurkeyChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 03:36 PM   #8
Groomez
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 514
subscribed! sorry about the job loss and gender bs. Stay strong man!
RIP #58
Current:
2010 Ducati Streetfighter
Groomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 04:00 PM   #9
Speedo66
Transient

Oddometer: 6,130
Perv.

When my daughter went to an Ivy undergraduate, the official line was if a woman felt she'd been sexually harassed, she had been. No guidelines, etc. Can you get any more subjective than that? For real, that was the official line. She said it, and the male was gone.

Hope you have a great trip.

Speedo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 05:43 AM   #10
basketcase
lifelong reject fixer

Oddometer: 1,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by kramnamhoh View Post
Iíve had some amazing experiences over the last couple of years. It all started when I lost my job in the beginning of 2010. A woman claimed I had said and done something, and before I knew it I was fired. It didnít matter that what she had claimed was easily proved to be a fabrication of her imagination. It only mattered that she had said it had happened. We are so societally conditioned by the gender feminist movement to believe that men are guilty of whatever a woman claims, that the truth doesnít matter anymore. Men are guilty until proven innocent. It has been an incredible education. Even more disheartening, is seeing some people who I thought were my friends drop our friendship like a hot potato. I guess when the poo hits the fan you find out who your true friends are.
Been there too, bro. Lost a huge training opportunity years back because a female said she "felt uncomfortable when I walked by." It was a perfect example of "damned if you do, damned if you don't." I had not even noticed her neurotic personage occupying space in the room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedo66 View Post
Perv.

When my daughter went to an Ivy undergraduate, the official line was if a woman felt she'd been sexually harassed, she had been. No guidelines, etc. Can you get any more subjective than that? For real, that was the official line. She said it, and the male was gone.

(snipped a few words)
+1. I have two grown daughters, one of which works in big corporate environments. That same thinking has extended into the workplace -- at least at one place she worked for a while.

Back to the main story, kramnamhoh bring it on. Winter is coming and I'm ready for some vicarious travel!

basketcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:51 PM   #11
vagueout
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,467
The best revenge is to live a good life, that puts you well in the frame.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:05 AM   #12
allonsye
("lets go!")

Oddometer: 862
Taking the High Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagueout View Post
The best revenge is to live a good life, that puts you well in the frame.
Well said. Whilst the near do wells lower themselves on the rung of humanity; you sir have brought yourself a rung or more higher.
06' 650 Vstrom
allonsye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 04:34 PM   #13
ArizonaSunsets
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
Good Luck

Good Luck I am happy to catch a good RR while it is just starting.

PS. It is so scary the laws back in The States. When they explained the laws to me in health class I just about decided to never talk to a girl again hot or not!
ArizonaSunsets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 04:38 PM   #14
TheYeti
Hard to be Humble

Oddometer: 1,063
I try in tough situations to be a silver lining kind of person, It's sounds like you've found the silver lining.

Good luck on the trip of a lifetime, It's good you did something instead of being depressed,and angry.

Ride safe It's a report I'll watch.
Unknown Marine Recon Instructor
TheYeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 04:55 PM   #15
Wolfgang55
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,286
Ride smart.
Wolfgang55 is online now   Reply With Quote