User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2011, 10:38 PM   #1
damasovi OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,584
taking on BAJA with 7 hp!!!

HI all I am so happy!!! today I put a down payment on a new Honda Beat 100 cc 4 stroke that looks a little like this

this is my first scooter and I am so excited!!!, I have owned motorcycles since 2004 b
ut this is something else!

Tomorrow I will pay off the bike and maybe get to ride this weekend for the initial break in!!!

The price was very attractive, Honda Mexico just put a x-mas promotion and this not too expensive scooter was reduce $6,000 pesos, just over $430 usd !!!

I would like to copy the idea from another tread and keep a log of the stuff I will be doing with the Beat, and maybe some rides.

I have not even ridden the bike and already bought my first mod, it is a top case (a 29l) but I am thinking of just using it for going to work, city ridding and saving on gas.

Damasovi
damasovi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 03:01 AM   #2
TebKLR
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 584
Cool!
TebKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 05:45 AM   #3
Beltway
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Super cool!

Lots of pictures, please.
Beltway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 05:50 AM   #4
gogogordy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,866
Quote:
Originally Posted by damasovi View Post
HI all I am so happy!!! today I put a down payment on a new Honda Beat 100 cc 4 stroke that looks a little like this

this is my first scooter and I am so excited!!!, I have owned motorcycles since 2004 b
ut this is something else!

Tomorrow I will pay off the bike and maybe get to ride this weekend for the initial break in!!!

The price was very attractive, Honda Mexico just put a x-mas promotion and this not too expensive scooter was reduce $6,000 pesos, just over $430 usd !!!

I would like to copy the idea from another tread and keep a log of the stuff I will be doing with the Beat, and maybe some rides.

I have not even ridden the bike and already bought my first mod, it is a top case (a 29l) but I am thinking of just using it for going to work, city ridding and saving on gas.

Damasovi

You won't regret it.
And at that price....I'll take 2.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:12 AM   #5
Brooktown Geezer
scooter guy

Oddometer: 481
Very cool, I like how the rear end looks like a mini-Reflex.
Brooktown Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 10:29 AM   #6
bbishoppcm
It ain't a moped.

Oddometer: 666
So how does one get something like this into the US? I want one...
bbishoppcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 10:37 AM   #7
gogogordy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,866
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbishoppcm View Post
I didn't get the impression it does...
Old 12-15-2011, 11:35 AM   #8
damasovi OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbishoppcm View Post
why would you want this? when you have the Elite 110? any way maybe it is possible, since this bike is made in Mexico so NAFTA could help, the only concern would be emitions control, since you don't live in California I think it would be easier, but at the end I think it would cost you too much $$ But you can always try...

Damasovi
Old 01-22-2012, 01:46 AM   #9
Forde
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 639
ah i understand now i thought you meant that 430 usd was the price of the scooter, but actually you meant it was reduced by 430 usd

if you are interested to know, you can get those scooters here in the uk but they are called honda lead
Old 12-15-2011, 02:53 PM   #10
DaBinChe
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 787
so what's the law or requirement for an American to go to mexico and buy one? I was planning on riding my moped down there but that price is so low that it would be cheaper for me to just buy one while I'm down there.
DaBinChe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 05:25 PM   #11
damasovi OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBinChe View Post
so what's the law or requirement for an American to go to mexico and buy one? I was planning on riding my moped down there but that price is so low that it would be cheaper for me to just buy one while I'm down there.

I don't know the answer to this q how ever I will mention the OTD price and at today's exchange rate of $13.85 x 1 usd $1,430 usd or $19,800 mexican pesos, it is a sale price but the regular price will run you a total of $1,826 usd.

Today I paid it off!!! so tomorrow I will go and get it. The local dealer has to get approval from the main office in Tij
uana, so that takes like a couple of hours, so I will go tomorrow!!!

I will be posting pics and s
uch

Damasovi
Old 12-15-2011, 06:02 PM   #12
btcn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,880
Nice! Great deal!

Great little scoot, this is like the ones common in them there foreign countries where wholew faimlys ridded on em and they's made to take lots of abuse. Basically this is just a simple, plain standard Japanese Scooter. Nothing special, but solid, reliable as a F150 transportation with great gas milage.

Just don't be dissapointed at the power though. It'll have decent power, just perfect for all town riding and some slower backroad cruising [45 MPH fine just not 55 MPH zones]. But it won't be no rocket, acceleration you will find sufficient but not blazing, and top speed won't be too high. For I'd recon maybe 50 MPH? Maybe 55 MPH if you really push it but 52 MPH would be relistic maxed out. Good nuff for any town, and fine for crusing on 40-45 MPH roads. Hills will take you down a bit, but WAY better than a 50 cc, you should be able to hold 35-45 MPH up pretty steep hills. Wind may take you down a little too.

But overall, good solid reliable transportation as I said, and a fun little scoot! Can't wait to heer bout it!
Old 12-15-2011, 09:19 PM   #13
fullmetalscooter
Let me take this duck off

Oddometer: 2,436
Buying new in Mexico is easy but buying used you have to watch it from my reading because theres a yearly fee on the bike reg or something like that , that must be paid. Whom ever buys a used bike has to pay it if they haven't been paid before. You can buy scooters and cheap brand name bikes down there like honda 150 cargo for 1500.00 A nice little General purpose bike that does 55 MPH and 80 MPG. Dead simple and goes up to 80 000 k before dying. To import to he usa I m guessing you should google for that info or go to regional forums here to see what being written up on it.
Old 12-17-2011, 06:17 PM   #14
damasovi OP
Beastly Adventurer

well yesterday I took delivered of my brand new Beat!!!

That happy g uy is me... ok, the smile comes on when the helmet gets on!

as you can tell the pic was taken by the HOnda sales man, so the big Honda logo on the back. Since I was in a big hurry I only took a couple of pics of the bike.

a must have pic...

a front pic

tomorrow I will take about my first 10 km!

Damasovi
Old 12-18-2011, 04:50 PM   #15
windburn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,169
Congratulation!

A rolling report would be great. This will put a smile on your face and give you years of service. I hope your are able to bring it inside at night for security and so that you will keep that new look and feel. You can get a cheap cover at walmart to cover it from sun exposier during daylight. I'm looking forward to a ride report.
windburn is offline   Reply With Quote