User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2012, 09:56 PM   #1
RedDawnPcola OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
How old is the average Sidecarist?

I've been driving my hack around lately.. and I keep getting shit from my friends who ride two wheelers. They say there for old men. I personally find driving a hack a lot more fun. I have nothing against older guys most the people who have helped me on here are older than me and have way more wisdom and experience than I do. I'm just curious as to the age of most the sidecarist on here. I'll start it with 25.

RedDawnPcola screwed with this post 02-01-2012 at 01:07 PM
RedDawnPcola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:06 PM   #2
bokad
Difficult Child

Oddometer: 395
32 and I think I'm lower than the average. I think higher price and lower performance are what deter most younger people from hacks. Also when you are younger, hot this minute cool is more important than retro cool.
bokad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:26 PM   #3
windmill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,084
You should just tell them......
A sidecar takes more skill and effort to ride well, and separates the men from the boys.

I sure wish I knew about them when I was 25 and single, a puppy in a sidecar draws women like bees to a flower.
Youth is wasted on the young.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:46 PM   #4
3legs
Real men ride sidecars

Oddometer: 1,069
I'm 52 going on 21. Most sidecar owners that I know of are 40 plus with an average probably closer to 50. As to your mates just tell them that any sidecar rider can ride a solo but not every solo rider can ride a sidecar. That usually puts them in their place.

Hopefully when they try to prove you wrong they will finally realise why you now ride outfits and they will turn to the darkside.

3legs
3legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:15 PM   #5
TouringDave
Tri Moto Veritas

Oddometer: 6,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3legs View Post
I'm 52 going on 21. 3legs

I didn't they wanted our body age and mental age Alex.
TouringDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 04:56 AM   #6
Vagabond25
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by windmill View Post
I sure wish I knew about them when I was 25 and single, a puppy in a sidecar draws women like bees to a flower.
Youth is wasted on the young.
I wish I could've afforded a hack when I was that age. Ah well, I'm 34 now and I'll take delivery of my first hack as soon as I return from this deployment.

I tell ya, 9 months of combat pay and no taxes or living expenses really makes a lot of things within reach all of a sudden. Debt free and bought a rig to boot? HOOAH!
'08 R12GS/Hack
Vagabond25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 01:11 PM   #7
draperg1
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Been riding and racing since I was a teen. I now have 33years expierience at being 30years old (63). That being said I still like 2 wheels but rigs make me smile and the boss monkey likes them much better 'cause she can haul more stuff on trips so.........
Old 03-29-2014, 06:42 PM   #8
rudolf35
Warped & Twisted Mind

Oddometer: 792
57; have been riding motorbikes since I was 6, legally since I was 16. My first hack came in 2006, now on my second hack in 2014.

rudolf35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:34 PM   #9
DJ1
Chopper Jockey

Oddometer: 175
I'm 43, been riding on and off since I was a kid. I have been intrigued by sidecars forever but never been around them. I really wanted to build an ADV hack, after reading here for a year or two and halfheartedly looking for one I scored one from an inmate here. Within a month of putting the first hack on the road my bride and I started building the second one, I hope to have it finished by years end.

CTFR ride reports
-- 2013 http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=885931
--2014 http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=980991
DJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 05:33 PM   #10
johnwesley
wanta be

Oddometer: 1,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ1 View Post
I'm 43, been riding on and off since I was a kid. I have been intrigued by sidecars forever but never been around them. I really wanted to build an ADV hack, after reading here for a year or two and halfheartedly looking for one I scored one from an inmate here. Within a month of putting the first hack on the road my bride and I started building the second one, I hope to have it finished by years end.

I'm just looking into them and hope to have something by close of the year. I would be great to have one ready by summer, but that means a deal on a used one already installed on a bike.

I have 2.5 months left before I forever leave the 30's. So we're not far off from each other. I started looking because of the kids, but now that I have learned about them and driven a few. I think I'll have a lot of fun with one even with just me and my mini schnauzer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
johnwesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:29 PM   #11
Marine By Choice
Sergeant 0311

Oddometer: 183
My first two wheels was a 1947 Cushman motor scooter. That was in 1961 when I was 14. Had a Ural Patrol for two years. Ordered a sidecar from DMC for my R1200GS. Should have by mid May. I am now 67. (But feel about 17!)
Marine By Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:15 AM   #12
cpres
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 323
i am a youngster

38 here and I think I am a youngster in the bunch. Joined to get my wife back in the wind and found hacks to be a hoot. Once you go hack you don't go back.
cpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:37 AM   #13
smelick
Once you hack...

Oddometer: 76
I'd say the problem is with your friends not with your age. Any true motocyclist dosen't give a crap about what you ride nor would a true friend. I can ALLWAYS tell a true motorcyclist (especially the the wannabe Harley owners) You see I also owned a Vespa with a sidecar - '64 GS 160. I also own a Cushman with one too. Your wannabe motorcyclist who has maturity or self identity issues will poke fun at this. The true motorcyclist always asks how much cash I'll take for them seriously who the hell cares what you ride and how old you are?

-Scott

http://www.scooter-sidecars.com/
smelick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:40 AM   #14
Tarka
Doesn't wave back.

Oddometer: 1,952
Hmmm...it may have better to ask what the average age of a sidecar rider is rather than how old is the average sidecar rider as I doubt any of us could be called average in any way,shape or form.

I`m 45 now but I got my first combo when I was 22.

I'd only waste my money if I didn`t spend it on all my bikes......
Tarka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:39 AM   #15
kshansen
kshansen

Oddometer: 176
Come on, there must be some others here north of six-o like me! My main sidecar tug is 20 years old.
kshansen is offline   Reply With Quote