ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-07-2012, 01:00 PM   #1
Jesse Luggage OP
Luggage Dude
 
Jesse Luggage's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Sunny Arizona
Oddometer: 306
New Things Happening At Jesse Luggage

We have lots of new stuff happening at Jesse Luggage.
• You can now buy direct from the Jesse Luggage factory
• We are working on a new website
• Increasing our dealer sales so you can go to your favorite shop to purchase Jesse products
• ADV discounts & specials
• Photo contest with fun prizes

Book mark this thread to keep up on all of the exciting new stuff we have going on.

Jesse Luggage screwed with this post 02-07-2012 at 01:14 PM
Jesse Luggage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:18 PM   #2
MotoBoss
Bad Influence
 
MotoBoss's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Mid South Indiana
Oddometer: 3,463
Sweet, direct buy
__________________
Adventure Before Dementia
MotoBossMotoBlog

AdventureRiderRadio
Donate To ADV



MotoBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:47 PM   #3
goinssr
Crazy S.O.B.
 
goinssr's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Arkansas
Oddometer: 286
I hope things have changed but if I understood correctly the past practice of selling factory direct had some negitive feedback in the customer service area. That is why I understood that Explorermoto took the retail end of the business. Explorermoto (Rick) is wonderful to deal with. Also, if the factory starts selling direct, will the price point drop since the middle man is going to be sliced from the equation?
__________________
Stephen
Cancer Sucks!
goinssr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:57 PM   #4
Jesse Luggage OP
Luggage Dude
 
Jesse Luggage's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Sunny Arizona
Oddometer: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by goinssr View Post
I hope things have changed but if I understood correctly the past practice of selling factory direct had some negitive feedback in the customer service area. That is why I understood that Explorermoto took the retail end of the business. Explorermoto (Rick) is wonderful to deal with. Also, if the factory starts selling direct, will the price point drop since the middle man is going to be sliced from the equation?

Rick is good people and did a great job, but it was time to bring everything back in house. There was a time as the manufacturer it was difficult to do both sales and build saddlebags so we have simplified they manufacturing processes and added many new items. With this said we don't want unhappy customers and there is now a great staff of customer service folks and plenty of stock. Pricing is tough as the cost of materiel has gone up a 100% in the past year so we will do our best to offer fair pricing and we are working on some specials.
Jesse Luggage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:16 PM   #5
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!
 
JimVonBaden's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Alexandria, VA
Oddometer: 49,333
Sounds interesting. Let me know if I can help.

Jim
JimVonBaden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:29 AM   #6
okiegtrider
Studly Adventurer
 
okiegtrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Oddometer: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Luggage View Post
...said we don't want unhappy customers and there is now a great staff of customer service folks and plenty of stock...
The last couple pages of this thread makes it seem that this isn't working out. I have been mentally outfitting my super tenere and Jesse was a big part of my fakles to come. Reading some of the stuff here makes me stop and reconsider.
okiegtrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:19 PM   #7
Mr. Canoehead
Taste Gunnels!
 
Mr. Canoehead's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Calgary, Too far to the mountains and too cold
Oddometer: 1,459
I had a great experience dealing direct. A few years ago, I wanted to get a full size left bag to replace the cutout one and ended up speaking to Al directly; he was very helpful and sold me a scratch and dent case at a great price (never did find the scratch or the dent). Nothing against Explorermoto, since I never dealt with them, but I was very impressed with Jesse.
__________________
___________________________________________
2006 FJR1300, 2005 GS1150 Adventure, 2002 DR650 SE, a fortune in Farkles.

"No matter how many [internet] opinions you line up, you can't vote nonsense into truth"- Kevin Cameron
Mr. Canoehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:21 AM   #8
FatChance
Road Captain
 
FatChance's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: Durango, Colorado, USA
Oddometer: 10,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canoehead View Post
I had a great experience dealing direct. A few years ago, I wanted to get a full size left bag to replace the cutout one and ended up speaking to Al directly; he was very helpful and sold me a scratch and dent case at a great price (never did find the scratch or the dent). Nothing against Explorermoto, since I never dealt with them, but I was very impressed with Jesse.
+1 We bought Jesse bags for our two 1150GSs back when it was factory direct and had no problems at all. We are very happy customers!
__________________
Pain in the Butte Ranch
Durango, Colorado

- Calculated risk or forbidden fruit?
FatChance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:07 AM   #9
twinrider
pass the catnip
 
twinrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: 日本
Oddometer: 9,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Luggage View Post
• You can now buy direct from the Jesse Luggage factory
Good to know because your Japanese distributor is charging more than $2,000 for your Odyssey II cases
__________________
2014 350 EXC-F
2011 XT1200Z
2009 FLHR
2006 Djebel 250XC
twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:35 AM   #10
Jesse Luggage OP
Luggage Dude
 
Jesse Luggage's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Sunny Arizona
Oddometer: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post
Sounds interesting. Let me know if I can help.

Jim
Thanks Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinrider View Post
Good to know because your Japanese distributor is charging more than $2,000 for your Odyssey II cases
The cost of shipping and the exchange rate might have something to do with that.
Jesse Luggage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:22 AM   #11
twinrider
pass the catnip
 
twinrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: 日本
Oddometer: 9,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Luggage View Post


The cost of shipping and the exchange rate might have something to do with that.
Unfortunately that's not the case. At 77 yen to the dollar, the exchange rate should make the actual cost to the importer considerably cheaper than the US retail price. $1000 is 77,000 yen, your Japanese importer is charging 159,000 yen for Odyssey cases!

And shipping was quite reasonable when I bought my Odyssey set directly from Al some years ago.

This kind of price hike is all too typical for Japanese importers, which is why they end up selling far fewer products — and ultimately making lower profits — than they could if they made the price more reasonable. I tour a lot in Japan and bikes with your luggage are almost as rare as hen's teeth.

So you might want to consider reverting back to a business model that allows folks in Japan to buy directly from you if they wish.
__________________
2014 350 EXC-F
2011 XT1200Z
2009 FLHR
2006 Djebel 250XC
twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:01 AM   #12
Rick West
Function not Farkles
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Out West For Awhile
Oddometer: 1,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Luggage View Post
We have lots of new stuff happening at Jesse Luggage.
• You can now buy direct from the Jesse Luggage factory
• We are working on a new website
• Increasing our dealer sales so you can go to your favorite shop to purchase Jesse products
• ADV discounts & specials
• Photo contest with fun prizes

Book mark this thread to keep up on all of the exciting new stuff we have going on.
Welcome. It's great to see Jesse Luggage here.

I've tried all the different panniers out there and have always found Jesse to be the best designed and toughest. Three of my bikes have them now and all have been perfect so far.

Great design and excellent value!
__________________
KTM 990 - The only real "dual" sport in the big Adventure bike class
Rick West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:02 PM   #13
evilmedic13
Sarcastic & Fantastic
 
evilmedic13's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago, Ill
Oddometer: 938
Outfuckinstanding!!!! I've been planning on ordering a set this year, now that you can have the bags set up for stock GSA attachments.
__________________
Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure.
evilmedic13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:46 AM   #14
okoyote
vigilant adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: NE SD
Oddometer: 48
I just received my Jesse bags this week! Awesome product and I could not be happier!! I'll be looking for the new website to get some accessories!!
okoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:55 AM   #15
Jesse Luggage OP
Luggage Dude
 
Jesse Luggage's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Sunny Arizona
Oddometer: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinrider View Post
Unfortunately that's not the case. At 77 yen to the dollar, the exchange rate should make the actual cost to the importer considerably cheaper than the US retail price. $1000 is 77,000 yen, your Japanese importer is charging 159,000 yen for Odyssey cases!

And shipping was quite reasonable when I bought my Odyssey set directly from Al some years ago.

This kind of price hike is all too typical for Japanese importers, which is why they end up selling far fewer products — and ultimately making lower profits — than they could if they made the price more reasonable. I tour a lot in Japan and bikes with your luggage are almost as rare as hen's teeth.

So you might want to consider reverting back to a business model that allows folks in Japan to buy directly from you if they wish.
Sounds like you know what's truly going on in Japan. Please lest us know if you need anything from the states. I would rather sell to you direct than have you go away unhappy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okoyote View Post
I just received my Jesse bags this week! Awesome product and I could not be happier!! I'll be looking for the new website to get some accessories!!
Very cool. Lets see some pictures
Jesse Luggage is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014