User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2012, 01:00 PM   #1
Jesse Luggage OP
Luggage Dude

Oddometer: 306
New Things Happening At Jesse Luggage

We have lots of new stuff happening at Jesse Luggage.
• You can now buy direct from the Jesse Luggage factory
• We are working on a new website
• Increasing our dealer sales so you can go to your favorite shop to purchase Jesse products
• ADV discounts & specials
• Photo contest with fun prizes

Book mark this thread to keep up on all of the exciting new stuff we have going on.

Jesse Luggage screwed with this post 02-07-2012 at 01:14 PM
Jesse Luggage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:18 PM   #2
MotoBoss
Bad Influence

Oddometer: 3,463
Sweet, direct buy

AdventureRiderRadio
Donate To ADV

MotoBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:47 PM   #3
goinssr
Crazy S.O.B.

Oddometer: 286
I hope things have changed but if I understood correctly the past practice of selling factory direct had some negitive feedback in the customer service area. That is why I understood that Explorermoto took the retail end of the business. Explorermoto (Rick) is wonderful to deal with. Also, if the factory starts selling direct, will the price point drop since the middle man is going to be sliced from the equation?
Old 02-07-2012, 05:57 PM   #4
Jesse Luggage OP
Luggage Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by goinssr View Post
I hope things have changed but if I understood correctly the past practice of selling factory direct had some negitive feedback in the customer service area. That is why I understood that Explorermoto took the retail end of the business. Explorermoto (Rick) is wonderful to deal with. Also, if the factory starts selling direct, will the price point drop since the middle man is going to be sliced from the equation?

Rick is good people and did a great job, but it was time to bring everything back in house. There was a time as the manufacturer it was difficult to do both sales and build saddlebags so we have simplified they manufacturing processes and added many new items. With this said we don't want unhappy customers and there is now a great staff of customer service folks and plenty of stock. Pricing is tough as the cost of materiel has gone up a 100% in the past year so we will do our best to offer fair pricing and we are working on some specials.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:16 PM   #5
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 49,333
Sounds interesting. Let me know if I can help.

Jim
JimVonBaden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:29 AM   #6
okiegtrider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Luggage View Post
...said we don't want unhappy customers and there is now a great staff of customer service folks and plenty of stock...
The last couple pages of this thread makes it seem that this isn't working out. I have been mentally outfitting my super tenere and Jesse was a big part of my fakles to come. Reading some of the stuff here makes me stop and reconsider.
okiegtrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:19 PM   #7
Mr. Canoehead
Taste Gunnels!

Oddometer: 1,459
I had a great experience dealing direct. A few years ago, I wanted to get a full size left bag to replace the cutout one and ended up speaking to Al directly; he was very helpful and sold me a scratch and dent case at a great price (never did find the scratch or the dent). Nothing against Explorermoto, since I never dealt with them, but I was very impressed with Jesse.

"No matter how many [internet] opinions you line up, you can't vote nonsense into truth"- Kevin Cameron
Mr. Canoehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:21 AM   #8
FatChance
Road Captain

Oddometer: 10,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canoehead View Post
I had a great experience dealing direct. A few years ago, I wanted to get a full size left bag to replace the cutout one and ended up speaking to Al directly; he was very helpful and sold me a scratch and dent case at a great price (never did find the scratch or the dent). Nothing against Explorermoto, since I never dealt with them, but I was very impressed with Jesse.
+1 We bought Jesse bags for our two 1150GSs back when it was factory direct and had no problems at all. We are very happy customers!

- Calculated risk or forbidden fruit?
FatChance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:07 AM   #9
twinrider
pass the catnip

Oddometer: 9,069
Quote:
Good to know because your Japanese distributor is charging more than $2,000 for your Odyssey II cases
2006 Djebel 250XC
twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:35 AM   #10
Jesse Luggage OP
Luggage Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post
Sounds interesting. Let me know if I can help.

Jim
Thanks Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinrider View Post
Good to know because your Japanese distributor is charging more than $2,000 for your Odyssey II cases
The cost of shipping and the exchange rate might have something to do with that.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:22 AM   #11
twinrider
pass the catnip

Oddometer: 9,069
Quote:

The cost of shipping and the exchange rate might have something to do with that.
Unfortunately that's not the case. At 77 yen to the dollar, the exchange rate should make the actual cost to the importer considerably cheaper than the US retail price. $1000 is 77,000 yen, your Japanese importer is charging 159,000 yen for Odyssey cases!

And shipping was quite reasonable when I bought my Odyssey set directly from Al some years ago.

This kind of price hike is all too typical for Japanese importers, which is why they end up selling far fewer products — and ultimately making lower profits — than they could if they made the price more reasonable. I tour a lot in Japan and bikes with your luggage are almost as rare as hen's teeth.

So you might want to consider reverting back to a business model that allows folks in Japan to buy directly from you if they wish.
2006 Djebel 250XC
twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:01 AM   #12
Rick West
Function not Farkles

Oddometer: 1,222
Quote:
We have lots of new stuff happening at Jesse Luggage.
• We are working on a new website
• Increasing our dealer sales so you can go to your favorite shop to purchase Jesse products
• ADV discounts & specials
• Photo contest with fun prizes

Book mark this thread to keep up on all of the exciting new stuff we have going on.
Welcome. It's great to see Jesse Luggage here.

I've tried all the different panniers out there and have always found Jesse to be the best designed and toughest. Three of my bikes have them now and all have been perfect so far.

Great design and excellent value!
Old 02-08-2012, 10:02 PM   #13
evilmedic13
Sarcastic & Fantastic

Oddometer: 938
Outfuckinstanding!!!! I've been planning on ordering a set this year, now that you can have the bags set up for stock GSA attachments.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:46 AM   #14
okoyote
vigilant adventurer

Oddometer: 48
I just received my Jesse bags this week! Awesome product and I could not be happier!! I'll be looking for the new website to get some accessories!!
okoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:55 AM   #15
Jesse Luggage OP
Luggage Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinrider View Post
Unfortunately that's not the case. At 77 yen to the dollar, the exchange rate should make the actual cost to the importer considerably cheaper than the US retail price. $1000 is 77,000 yen, your Japanese importer is charging 159,000 yen for Odyssey cases!

And shipping was quite reasonable when I bought my Odyssey set directly from Al some years ago.

This kind of price hike is all too typical for Japanese importers, which is why they end up selling far fewer products — and ultimately making lower profits — than they could if they made the price more reasonable. I tour a lot in Japan and bikes with your luggage are almost as rare as hen's teeth.

So you might want to consider reverting back to a business model that allows folks in Japan to buy directly from you if they wish.
Sounds like you know what's truly going on in Japan. Please lest us know if you need anything from the states. I would rather sell to you direct than have you go away unhappy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okoyote View Post
I just received my Jesse bags this week! Awesome product and I could not be happier!! I'll be looking for the new website to get some accessories!!
Very cool. Lets see some pictures