User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2012, 04:33 PM   #1
claude OP
Sidecar Jockey

Oddometer: 3,509
C Stanley Motorsports GS Trail reducers

Wanted to let all of you here know that we are now offereing a CNC machined billet aluminum trail reducer for the R1200GS or GSA bikes here at C Stanley Motorsports Inc. This design is quite beefy and provides much easlier steering on these bikes. Stock brake lines etc can be used. The unit is provided with it's own bolts for the pinch blocks on the fork tubes and also for the front fender attachement. The design will not lose ground clearance like some others on the market have in the past. Introductory price is $800 which includes shipping with in the lower 48 states.
With that being said we are also thinking of doing a similar trail reducer for the 1150 series of GS machines.. $750.
If you are interested in the 1150 version let us know. Email : Claude@freedomsidecars.com

Founder: Internet Sidecar Owners Klub at SCT
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/SCT/

President: C Stanley Motorsports Inc.
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/...rsandTrailers/

http://freedomsidecars.com/
claude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 04:20 AM   #2
Boondox
Travels With Barley

Oddometer: 2,952
Assuming this is what you put on my rig (looks familiar!) I can already tell it's made a difference in steering effort. I haven't yet had a chance to try it on my favorite twisties, but in years past my shoulders were pretty sore during the first couple weeks of hacking. Very little stiffness this year. My wife, who likes it when my shoulders bulk up during riding season, will likely be disappointed this year.

I had heard from others that reducing the trail would bring the front end down a bit. I've not noticed that; my ergonomics are as good as ever!

Will give additional impressions once I have the rig out on the wicked twisties.
I got a sidecar to travel with my dog. He never complains, is delighted to be with me, approves of my dietary choices, is a social butterfly who helps me meet folks, appreciates a good beer, snuggles better than my wife, and hangs on my every word as if it's the most profound thing he's ever heard. TravelsWithBarley.com
Boondox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:20 AM   #3
AceRph
Affluenza Free!

Oddometer: 24,562
Got a pic of the finished product, Claude?

“We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer.” —”Extreme Behavior in Aspen,” February 3, 2003

"The State sees the spectre looming ahead of terrorism and anarchy, and this increases the risk of its over-reaction and a reduction in our freedom." - Stanley Kubrick
AceRph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:47 AM   #4
jaydmc
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 951
These pretty much look like exact copies of the ones you have been buying from us.
Jay G
DMC sidecars
www.dmcsidecars.com
866-638-1793
jay@dmcsidecars
jaydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:58 AM   #5
claude OP
Sidecar Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydmc View Post
These pretty much look like exact copies of the ones you have been buying from us.
Jay G
DMC sidecars
www.dmcsidecars.com
866-638-1793
jay@dmcsidecars
Hello Jay,
They are similar but quite different. It does have the raised rear that I suggested to you a while back that you did incorporate into yours.

Old 04-10-2012, 08:09 AM   #6
jaydmc
Studly Adventurer

Claude, I suspect that if we were to take messurments of all of the critical areas that your parts are an exact copy of ours as you simply copied our design using one of the units you purchased from us. I suspect that if you showed people photo's of both our parts and yours most people could not tell them apart.
I expected better of you then this. You have in essence stolen our design. Your ethics are at best questionalbe. You are no better then the companies that have taken my designs and are having them built in China
Jay G
DMC sidecars
www.dmcsidecars.com
866-638-1793
Old 04-26-2012, 03:04 PM   #7
OlyRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydmc View Post
Claude, I suspect that if we were to take messurments of all of the critical areas that your parts are an exact copy of ours as you simply copied our design using one of the units you purchased from us. I suspect that if you showed people photo's of both our parts and yours most people could not tell them apart.
I expected better of you then this. You have in essence stolen our design. Your ethics are at best questionalbe. You are no better then the companies that have taken my designs and are having them built in China
Jay G
DMC sidecars
www.dmcsidecars.com
866-638-1793
Old 04-26-2012, 04:18 PM   #8
Ritalin Boy
Petroconsumptivitius

Oddometer: 5,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlyRider View Post
vindictive are we?
Ritalin Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:52 PM   #9
OlyRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritalin Boy View Post
vindictive are we?
In this case...yes.

Jay insulted an honest and ethical businessman (and "gentleman") in the worst possible way in a public forum. Claude is too good a person to stoop to Jay's level by responding as he no doubt could.

Then Jay decided to misrepresent "our" dealings in a less harsh fashion. I truly believe there is a night & day difference in the way Jay and Claude operate their respective businesses. I have had enough discussions with them both, and followed their contributions to the Hacks Forum to have an informed opinion. One is respectful towards the customers and the industry, and the other is...Jay's.

I left his diatribe against Claude up so that he can have it removed by publicly apologizing. Its not as simple as just "deleting it" after it's been posted and read by so many.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:25 PM   #10
Ritalin Boy
Petroconsumptivitius

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlyRider View Post
In this case...yes.

Jay insulted an honest and ethical businessman (and "gentleman") in the worst possible way in a public forum. Claude is too good a person to stoop to Jay's level by responding as he no doubt could.

Then Jay decided to misrepresent "our" dealings in a less harsh fashion. I truly believe there is a night & day difference in the way Jay and Claude operate their respective businesses. I have had enough discussions with them both, and followed their contributions to the Hacks Forum to have an informed opinion. One is respectful towards the customers and the industry, and the other is...Jay's.

I left his diatribe against Claude up so that he can have it removed by publicly apologizing. Its not as simple as just "deleting it" after it's been posted and read by so many.
Good point.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:03 AM   #11
claude OP
Sidecar Jockey

Well I am sorry you feel that way.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:19 AM   #12
Ritalin Boy
Petroconsumptivitius

My question is which one of you can offer me a steering dampner for my 1150 GS?
Old 04-10-2012, 12:25 PM   #13
jaydmc
Studly Adventurer

Claude, "you are sorry I feel that way" So you do not deny copying our design which is in essence stealing from me and my company. At one time you asked me for specifications so you could make one for your own use. I declined telling you that I did not want our designes copied.
You have to live with your self, if you want to be a thief so be it but you could at least own up to steeling from me and my company.
Are you also going to be steeling the design for the trail reducer that we make for the R1150GS? I see you plan on offering it.
Jay G
DMC sidecars
www.dmcsidecars.com
866-638-1793
Old 04-10-2012, 12:27 PM   #14
Ritalin Boy
Petroconsumptivitius

Imagine my excitement when I saw a reply!

My little head shake be gone!

But alas it was more vendors bashing vendors.

So.... a steering dampner for my 1150... Anyone?
Old 04-10-2012, 12:50 PM   #15
jaydmc
Studly Adventurer

This is not vendor bashing, C stanley Motorsports has stolen my companies design.
As to a damper, we have never found that the R1150GS needs a damper. We can design one however most of the time when we add dampers to sidecar bikes we attach the damper to the upper front strut. In the case of the R1150GS our upper front strut comes in from behind the head and as such will not work. We can provide you with a damper (VW type) and the mount for it for the fork side once we have another R1150GS in the shop, right now all we have are R1200GS's and one R1100GS in the shop. You would be on your own as to how to hook it up to the bike side of things.
Jay G
DMC sidecars
www.dmcsidecars.com
866-638-1793