|07-29-2012, 08:59 AM||#3|
Joined: Jul 2012
hi im frank of the hoadley atv group that went 137miles down the canol trail,unloaded at 222 than quaded to twitya river,very nice trail will do it again and would love to go farther BUT.weather is the problem let me tell you if it rains the river can rise 2feet in jest hours you can here the rocks rolling in the water ,and if it snows it realy snows,
this year is not good it has snowed and been rainy and cold
please understand this is not for poeple of limmited $$$$ if things go good you will get to the twitya in 4days if it rains it can take days per river crossing and them little streams 6 inchs deep turn into 3 foot rockrolling killers.
you also need to talk to normanwells Enviro Paul Rivard and tell him your not crazy jest that you want to carefully try to see it.
please understand im friends with horse outfiters up there and talk to them every week,
if you want to talk to me please go to hoadley atv site than clik contact,i than can phone
good luck ,beaverfrank
|08-15-2014, 07:25 PM||#4|
Frozen in the North
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Hay River NT
Just to let you know my son and I loaded up Quads and went to RWED game checkpoint at Mile 222. From Ross River the first 100 km north was pretty good, the last 140 km took 6 hours.
Then the RAIN started at KM 100.
The first crossing at the Airport was bad enough my son an I decided to go to the MacTung mine on quads and check river levels in 4 hours or so.
We met 2 locals up hunting, and we shared army rations and coffee and information.
They had a Chev blazer and were really concerned about being trapped behind the rising rivers.
We had crossed a small creek on the way to the MacTung mine and 2 hours later the creek had risen enough to push my 850 scrambler sideways.
We got back to the Check station and the river had risen at least 8 inches in 3 hours, and the rain had not slacked off.
The forcast was for 3 mm a day, but we were getting at least 3 mm an hour.
With mountain rivers taking 2 -3 days to return to old levels after the rain stops and no slacking off of the rain we decided to return another day.
It was incredible mountain rain, or we would still be up riding...
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|