ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > The perfect line and other riding myths
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-31-2012, 09:59 AM   #1
wiseblood OP
Hall Monitor
 
wiseblood's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: New York City
Oddometer: 11,966
rnickymouse failure Mulholland fest

Inspired by the "Killboy failure Dragon Fest" thread....




__________________
"Hard Work Often Pays Off After Time, but Laziness Always Pays Off Now."

Big Apple Tag-o-Rama Maps: Click Here!
wiseblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:05 AM   #2
Grainbelt
marginal adventurer
 
Grainbelt's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Minnyhappiness
Oddometer: 26,775
The compilations are the best.

Grainbelt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:25 AM   #3
LuciferMutt
Rides slow bike slow
 
LuciferMutt's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: New(er) Mexico
Oddometer: 10,929
did you see the guys head smack the top of the windscreen when the bike bounced up? How do you like them half helmets NOW?

That HAD to hurt down south too...
__________________
You couldn't hear a dump truck driving through a nitro glycerin plant!

Badasses might screw with another badass. Nobody screws with a nut job. -- Plaka
LuciferMutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:27 PM   #4
Zeke013
Village Idiot
 
Zeke013's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: PNW
Oddometer: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuciferMutt View Post
did you see the guys head smack the top of the windscreen when the bike bounced up? How do you like them half helmets NOW?

That HAD to hurt down south too...
But it was a modular that stayed closed!
Zeke013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:05 PM   #5
RobH
Don't tase me bro
 
RobH's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Houston
Oddometer: 5,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainbelt View Post
The compilations are the best.

That was the scariest thing I've ever seen. I don't think I could be persuaded to take my bike on that road after seeing all those cars all over that road.

edit: after watching a few more videos the motorcycles aren't much better.
__________________
2011 Triumph Sprint GT, 2011 Yamaha FZ8 (sold), 2006 BMW F650GS (sold); 2000 KTM LC4 640-e (sold)

RobH screwed with this post 07-31-2012 at 10:21 PM
RobH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:07 PM   #6
Falconx84
Lurker
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Oddometer: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainbelt View Post
The compilations are the best.

Is it wrong that I want to stand at the "lookout" and throw beer bottles at the jerks crossing the center line barely in control?


Never actually do it ... but damn those are some idiots
__________________
V-Strom DL1000k7
Falconx84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:36 AM   #7
helion42
Gnarly Adventurer
 
helion42's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Salt Lake City, Zion Curtain, UT
Oddometer: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconx84 View Post
Is it wrong that I want to stand at the "lookout" and throw beer bottles at the jerks crossing the center line barely in control?


Never actually do it ... but damn those are some idiots
I was thinking the same thing while watching it lol, "why is no one throwing gravel?"
helion42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:38 AM   #8
atomicalex
silly aluminum boxes
 
atomicalex's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Detroit & Düsseldorf
Oddometer: 2,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatpasta View Post
Angeles Crest is so dangerous I wont even go up there anymore.
Damn. My first post-license-exam ride was with a friend who lent me his SV650 so we could ride the ACH. He rode pillion. Aside from all of the rocks in the road, I thought it was awesome. I was going about 45mph for most of it - just wonderful. It was october and chilly, so maybe that was why so little traffic. We sure did confuse the 'stitch crowd at Newcomb's Ranch with both of us on that "little yellow thing", though.
__________________
Katherine, in words - F650GSa - CBR250R (sold) - Super Sherpa - Nine Days in the Alps
atomicalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:21 AM   #9
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target
 
eatpasta's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Santa Barbara, Ca
Oddometer: 10,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicalex View Post
Damn. My first post-license-exam ride was with a friend who lent me his SV650 so we could ride the ACH. He rode pillion. Aside from all of the rocks in the road, I thought it was awesome. I was going about 45mph for most of it - just wonderful. It was october and chilly, so maybe that was why so little traffic. We sure did confuse the 'stitch crowd at Newcomb's Ranch with both of us on that "little yellow thing", though.
its not that bad in the winter time..... in fact I can remember being up there all by myself a few times in the winter with snow etc. But man stay away from that place in the summer on the weekends.
One of our own was killed up there on a Friday
__________________
We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T. S. Eliot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnszilla
I was SO high, I could have hunted duck with a rake
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
MX stuff isn't my cup of tea, but falling down the side of a mountain is
eatpasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:38 PM   #10
Uncle Pollo
happy cachiporra
 
Uncle Pollo's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Albuquerque, Neue Messico
Oddometer: 47,395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainbelt View Post
The compilations are the best.

fucking assholes in mullholand cannot drive for fucking shit

and the ones on bikes cannot fathom parking away from the roadway
Uncle Pollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:07 PM   #11
khager
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Granbury, TX
Oddometer: 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Pollo View Post
fucking assholes in mullholand cannot drive for fucking shit

and the ones on bikes cannot fathom parking away from the roadway
I am just wondering, what is everybody's opinion on this.

It is generally accepted that cars can outcorner bikes right? Like on a racetrack where you have full use of the lane.

But what about on a public road, standard width lane? Do you think bikes especially sportbikes can take corners at higher speeds than cars, IF they both have to stay fully within their lane?

I see a lot of cars not just here, but also deals gap, and other places that cannot seem to take a corner at a decent speed, while maintaining proper lane position, and a lot of these are sport cars too, Miata's, Camaro's, 350Z's etc...

I think a bike can go faster in general since he can move around within his lane.
khager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:53 PM   #12
helion42
Gnarly Adventurer
 
helion42's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Salt Lake City, Zion Curtain, UT
Oddometer: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by khager View Post
I am just wondering, what is everybody's opinion on this.

It is generally accepted that cars can outcorner bikes right? Like on a racetrack where you have full use of the lane.

But what about on a public road, standard width lane? Do you think bikes especially sportbikes can take corners at higher speeds than cars, IF they both have to stay fully within their lane?

I see a lot of cars not just here, but also deals gap, and other places that cannot seem to take a corner at a decent speed, while maintaining proper lane position, and a lot of these are sport cars too, Miata's, Camaro's, 350Z's etc...

I think a bike can go faster in general since he can move around within his lane.


I would think that a lot of drivers cut over the line a bit because they're afraid of the intensity of pushing the limit in the set curve
helion42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:24 AM   #13
jrou111
Stair Climber
 
jrou111's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Birmingham, AL
Oddometer: 258
Is it all just video or are there some pics like on Killboy?
jrou111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:47 AM   #14
Wolfgang55
Beastly Adventurer
 
Wolfgang55's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Next to Rio Bravo
Oddometer: 3,318
so what happen to the VId
Wolfgang55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:51 AM   #15
ShardPhoenix
Наглый ублюдок
 
ShardPhoenix's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Grants Pass, Oregon
Oddometer: 789
Boliche!

__________________
I ride 652ccs of slug.
ShardPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014