User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2012, 10:36 AM   #1
FatTirePlease OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 368
Let's help 'kerncountykid'

For those that are unaware, a fellow ADV'er was rear ended by a cage driver and is in need of some help.
Here is some info on the incident -
http://www.todaysthv.com/news/articl...ect-Nathan-Ray

and where you can help out -
https://www.everribbon.com/ribbon/view/8352
FatTirePlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:55 PM   #2
GypsyWriter
Sarah

Oddometer: 1,263
I just read about this over on Ride Reports, how tragic! I hope he pulls through!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FotoTEX View Post
Life is dangerous. Not doing what you love makes life even more dangerous...
GypsyWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:04 PM   #3
G-Mac
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 288
This is truley tragic. The article says he
2002 XR250R Dirty Girl so fun to ride
1997 KLR 650 miss the old girl. Never washed!
G-Mac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:12 PM   #4
G-Mac
Gnarly Adventurer

The Article says he was not wearing his helmet. People stop all the bravado and put your fucking helmet on we have no other defense from these stupid douche bags driving behind us. I truly hope they throw the book at this assbag. It appears he should have lost his driving privileges a while ago. Hopefully our boy pulls through this. Ride safely and wear your gear. It may be what makes the difference.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:08 PM   #5
hardwaregrrl
You talkin' to me?

Oddometer: 6,353
Go west young man...

Was the title of his RR found here. I know it was a big read for a lot of people here, and I'm certain it inspired many people. Yes he wasn't wearing a helmet, true....but not much fucking good mentioning that is going to do now. Help if you can, keep it to yourself if you want to judge. We all make mistakes.
hardwaregrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:26 PM   #6
RedRam
Adventurer

Oddometer: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwaregrrl View Post
Was the title of his RR found here. I know it was a big read for a lot of people here, and I'm certain it inspired many people. Yes he wasn't wearing a helmet, true....but not much fucking good mentioning that is going to do now. Help if you can, keep it to yourself if you want to judge. We all make mistakes.

Well said.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:36 PM   #7
It'sNotTheBike
Banned

Oddometer: 704
Quote:
Yes he wasn't wearing a helmet, true....but not much fucking good mentioning that is going to do now.

Mr. Ware himself cannot be helped by comments about not wearing a helmet, but there are
plenty of other people who choose to ride without a helmet, and maybe they can learn from this story.

And if only one other person can be spared a similar fate, that qualifies as good having been done.

You people who want to control what is written in these threads are way out of line. The main
value of these threads is not in expressing sympathy, the main value is that other riders can learn
valuable lessons and that might save lives. If you don't like what is written don't read it, but if you want to
control what other people say you'd better pack your things because you will need to move somewhere
other than the US, where we still have free speech. Try Russia, you will fit right in there.

I very much hope Mr. Ware pulls through and makes a complete recovery, and my thoughts are with
him and his family.

It'sNotTheBike screwed with this post 09-25-2012 at 12:31 AM
It'sNotTheBike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:29 AM   #8
hardwaregrrl
You talkin' to me?

Oddometer: 6,353
I'm with you man....I think it's a dumb choice...but it's a choice. This thread in particular is devoted to helping out someone who has already made a bad choice. I think all of us here want the best for him and our fellow riders. So there is certainly a lesson to be learned here. Sorry I was flippant....didn't mean to be an ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sNotTheBike View Post
Mr. Ware himself cannot be helped by comments about not wearing a helmet, but there are
plenty of other people who choose to ride without a helmet, and maybe they can learn from this story.

And if only one other person can be spared a similar fate, that qualifies as good having been done.

You people who want to control what is written in these threads are way out of line. The main
value of these threads is not in expressing sympathy, the main value is that other riders can learn
valuable lessons and that might save lives. If you don't like what is written don't read it, but if you want to
control what other people say you'd better pack your things because you will need to move somewhere
other than the US, where we still have free speech. Try Russia, you will fit right in there.

I very much hope Mr. Ware pulls through and makes a complete recovery, and my thoughts are with
him and his family.

hardwaregrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:41 AM   #9
xmonger
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 125
Quote:
I'm with you man....I think it's a dumb choice...but it's a choice. This thread in particular is devoted to helping out someone who has already made a bad choice. I think all of us here want the best for him and our fellow riders. So there is certainly a lesson to be learned here. Sorry I was flippant....didn't mean to be an ass.

I think you are on point. There is a young man that is seriously hurt as a result of some POS repeat drunk driver that decided to make a hood ornament out of a fellow rider.

If anyone can help out the family and Trevor, click the link below:

Help Trevor Ware - Click Here

xmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:41 AM   #10
scarysharkface
30-125

Oddometer: 12,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatTirePlease View Post
For those that are unaware, a fellow ADV'er was rear ended by a cage driver and is in need of some help.
Here is some info on the incident -
http://www.todaysthv.com/news/articl...ect-Nathan-Ray

and where you can help out -
https://www.everribbon.com/ribbon/view/8352
Hate to see this.

The road to Hell is paved...
Save $5 on a Smugmug subscription when you use my coupon:
yBr7OofIPuOP6
KLR takes a circular route to Big Bend '13 http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=887449
scarysharkface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:35 PM   #11
G-Mac
Gnarly Adventurer

helmet

I too apologise if it came across as a slight, it defintely was not I wish nothing but the best for our brother. I am not with out my mistakes but as was said lets think twice when it comes to our gear. Its the only thing that has a chance of helping.
I hound the guys I ride with about their 1/2 helmets.
Is there a paypal account set up?
Cheers
Old 09-27-2012, 06:54 PM   #12
woofer2609
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Mac View Post
I too apologise if it came across as a slight, it defintely was not I wish nothing but the best for our brother. I am not with out my mistakes but as was said lets think twice when it comes to our gear. Its the only thing that has a chance of helping.
I hound the guys I ride with about their 1/2 helmets.
Is there a paypal account set up?
Cheers
Agreed! I can't donate through the Everribbon site wit a Canadian CC
woofer2609 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:07 AM   #13
swann
Just practicing...

Oddometer: 273
Cry

I tried to find some updates on Trevor's condition.

http://www.behindbarsmotorcycle.com/...-by-drunk.html
Felicia FoxSeptember 14, 2012 7:31 PM
Hello,
I'm Trevor's girlfriend; I wanted to thank you for taking time out to write about Trevor and thanks to everyone for all the prayers and positive vibes sent his way. Trevor defiantly lives life to the fullest. You're right he wasn't wearing a helmet or gear. He will argue the pros, cons, and statistics for hours. He did wear it more so on his trips, but as long as he is happy so am I. He absolutely loved riding. He was planning on doing the East Coast here in just a few weeks. An update on his progress is that he is making baby steps, which is all that I ask of him. He got the okay from the docs today to be moved to a step down room from this part of the ICU. I can't wait for the moment where our son (dog), Kaibab, gets excited at the door because he hears Trevor's motorcycle then Trevor asks me to take his final picture at the house and starts telling me all about another great adventure.
-Felicia

http://arkansasmatters.com/sportsful...?nxd_id=586212
Family Says Discharge Comes Too Soon for Man in Coma
By: Jocelyn Tovar, KARK 4 NEWS
Updated: September 16, 2012
It was at the Levy exit of I-40 in North Little Rock earlier this month that Trevor Ware, 28 -- an avid motorcyclist -- was struck by an alleged drunk driver, dragged under his car and left on the side of the road. Trevor's mother, Pamela Ware, has been by her son's side ever since. This Friday she finally got some good news: Trevor was being moved out of the intensive care unit. His mother said far from stable, they anticipated him being in his new standard hospital room for an extended period -- until she got some surprising news Sunday. "Let us know there were discharge orders for him," she said. Doctors had told her Trevor was suffering from complications from the accident like pneuomnia and possibly menengitis, so she never expected these discharge orders so soon. "I'm not a doctor, but just what I see visually -- the level of care he needs -- I'm very concerned," said Pamela. Adding to the stress, she said, because it's a weekend, there's no one around to answer her questions. "It's just very upsetting," she said. They've been relying on friends and family -- even strangers for support. Since Trevor doesn't have insurance, a website for donations has been set up and a charity concert planned for October 5th. "I have a lot of faith that Trevor's fighting hard. He's very strong," she said. "We're asking for prayers." We reached out to UAMS, but like the Ware family, we were told we have to wait until Monday for any comment. The man charged in this accident, Nathan Ray, is out on bond for charges of aggravated assault and leaving the scene. If you would like to leave a donation for Trevor Ware: click here

http://arkansasmatters.com/fulltext?nxd_id=588712
Small Signs Of Improvement From Motorcyclist Left In Coma
By: Jocelyn Tovar, KARK 4 NEWS
Updated: September 23, 2012
Trevor Ware's longtime girlfriend, Felicia Fox, said he's largely overcome the pneumonia and road rash he suffered during the accident. Originally, Ware was being discharged from the hospital, his family said much too soon. While he's been able to stay longer, his family said they are still struggling with where he will go to recover in the long run. "It's exhausting having to worry about things I shouldn't have to worry about," said Fox. "My main focus should be on Trevor and encouraging him to get better." Making the situation even more upsetting, Ware's father died when he was four from a head injury after an accident while he was working.

Believe you can and you're halfway there. ~ Theodore Roosevelt
swann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:54 PM   #14
GSF1200S
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 975
Any more news on Trevor? Im really hoping he makes a full recovery- I swear its safer riding in the dirt with all its madness than riding on the streets with these drivers!
GSF1200S is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:04 PM   #15
AustinJake
TE450-KLE-FXDWG

Oddometer: 3,532