User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2012, 11:29 PM   #1
JOKER650 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,533
So......Am I an A-Hole?

Traveling out in the grasslands along a gravel road , caught up to a JEEP, road wide enough to pass 2 trucks....but barley..
A man and his dog...dust billowing ...traveling about 60KPH (40mph).
I pull up behind on my Super Enduro, Patrick behind me on his Adventurer.
I stayed far to the left and he saw me in his side view mirror......moved to dead center out of the dust......he saw me in his center rear view mirror. He knew I was there and did not slow or slide over a little to let the pass happen..there was plenty of room but he decided to use the dead center of the road and block ( about 1 km or so for this section).
The SE has "more than enough " to make the pass ....but I didn't want to be a dick and so waited another 1 k or so cuz there was a fork in the road and figured that he would just pull off and away we go. I gave a short blip of the horn and he AGAIN looked at us behind him.......NOTHING

Ok...Pass the next fork in the road and he continues on.
This is about 3 K in all now and I had enough.
I hear that when the SE is opened up to the limiter in 3rd with a full knobie on a gravel/rocky road..it throws...um...er...HAVOC
I passed on the left and he seemed to pull towards me a little. Prety much in the limiter from behind him till about 100 feet ahead of him.

I stopped where we hit the trail and asked Patrick if the guy let him pass. The guy stopped him and asked him to relay a message to me that he was "VERY PISSED OFF BECAUSE OF ALL THE HUGE BOULDERS THAT WERE THROWN AT HIM"

SO after 3 K of blocking and me wanting to do a gental dust-free pass I figured it was time to move on.

AM I that bad of a guy?
I hope this doesn't go the way things usually go in Jo-Mumma

Over 2000 plated dirt riders...Digg'n up the dirt every other day, all over BC

http://www.dualsportbc.com/

JOKER650 screwed with this post 10-05-2012 at 11:40 PM
JOKER650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:32 PM   #2
Forde
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 640
the guy might not have felt safe riding the edge of the road to let you squeeze through.

your definition of "enough room" is probably different to his and making him move over would have been forcing him to do something he didnt feel comfortable with, whats the rush anyway lol
Old 10-06-2012, 05:41 PM   #3
PeterW
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forde View Post
the guy might not have felt safe riding the edge of the road to let you squeeze through.

your definition of "enough room" is probably different to his and making him move over would have been forcing him to do something he didnt feel comfortable with, whats the rush anyway lol
I disagree totally. We have those 1-1/2 lane roads here, WTF do you think happens if two cars come along in opposite directions ?. They just sit there until both drivers die of old age ?

You both ease to your side of the road and slow down. If you want to drive those roads you HAVE to know how to do that - that driver was lucky it wasn't a loaded truck and trailer unit or a cop behind him instead of a bike ;)

Not saying I'd do what happened here, I'm usually more patient - but the driver in front was being a dick - possibly not doing anything illegal, but on the other hand there's a "not driving with due care and attention" thing the cops use as a catch all for situations like that here.

And if it was a full two lanes wide, the driver was driving illegally anyway.

Pete
PeterW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:05 AM   #4
windmill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,084
On the street I won't do anything illegal or unsafe just because someone behind me is impatient, nor will I pressure or expect others to do so just because I'm faster.

On forest service and logging roads things are more subjective depending on the type of vehicle and the "rules" more informal. Unless a vehicles or drivers abilities are being challenged by conditions there is no real legitimate reason to not let someone pass.

IMO, it does sound like the guy was being a jerk, but being judgmental about another persons decisions off road is questionable as you don't really know their skill and comfort level off pavement.

In answer to the OP,
Roosting someone with rocks/gravel, especially someone you don't know in retribution for some supposed discourtesy is a total ass wipe maneuver, and if you have to ask, you still need adult supervision.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:30 AM   #5
JOKER650 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,533
haha...didn't roost him just to roost him...wanted to get past FAST.

Not an FSR ..but a farm road that was straight (100kph easy on the SE) and almost as wide as a 2-lane paved road, about 2/3rds the width and flat grasslands on each side.Full size trucks can pass in opposite directions.
Like I said, Gave him 3km to think about it.
I know myself that if I was in a truck I would pull over for ANYONE that caught up to me.
The JEEP was not just a pavement cruzer. It was moded for off road, muddy, over sized tires,cooler, fishing rod and gear in the back seat.

Over 2000 plated dirt riders...Digg'n up the dirt every other day, all over BC

http://www.dualsportbc.com/
JOKER650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:01 PM   #6
windmill
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOKER650 View Post

Not an FSR ..but a farm road that was straight (100kph easy on the SE) and almost as wide as a 2-lane paved road, about 2/3rds the width and flat grasslands on each side.Full size trucks can pass in opposite directions.
I know myself that if I was in a truck I would pull over for ANYONE that caught up to me.
The JEEP was not just a pavement cruzer. It was moded for off road, muddy, over sized tires,cooler, fishing rod and gear in the back seat.

So the guy was being a totally inexcusable prick, unfortunately there are people in this world like that.

You decided to press the pass in an unsafe condition.
You say the roost was unintentional, then you obviously lacked the skill to not do it, or the judgment to know it. You left your friend behind to take the heat, and ended up pulling over anyway to wait for him, so in reality your effort was wasted.

This and some of the responses illustrate why riders get no respect form drivers, lack of self control.

Yes I know, 2 wrongs don't make a right is a difficult concept for some to grasp.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:29 PM   #7
Human Ills
Useful Idiom

Oddometer: 23,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by windmill View Post

Yes I know, 2 wrongs don't make a right is a difficult concept for some to grasp.
Maybe go find the jeep driver and lecture him.
Human Ills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:01 AM   #8
dbuzz
Citizen of the world

Oddometer: 1,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Ills View Post
lecture?? what kind of pussy are ya?

Whip out that CCW and blast out his tyres then pistol whip the douche ... you will make the news then

Disclaimer: sarcasm / humour in use in this post
dbuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:25 AM   #9
PSYCHO II
Crusty Demon

Oddometer: 532
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuzz View Post
lecture?? what kind of pussy are ya?

Whip out that CCW and blast out his tyres then pistol whip the douche ... you will make the news then

Disclaimer: sarcasm / humour in use in this post
How about the Harley...
PSYCHO II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:36 AM   #10
windmill
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Ills View Post
Lectures and revenge are equally wasted on selfish closed minds, they lack the basic understanding that there is an entire world outside their personal desires.
They are like speed bumps, you don't like them, you try to avoid them if possible, you may voice your opinions about them if they become a matter of discussion, but you don't stop to educate them or stomp on them, they're just a brainless bump on the ground.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:20 AM   #11
Human Ills
Useful Idiom

Oddometer: 23,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by windmill View Post
Lectures and revenge are equally wasted on selfish closed minds, they lack the basic understanding that there is an entire world outside their personal desires.
They are like speed bumps, you don't like them, you try to avoid them if possible, you may voice your opinions about them if they become a matter of discussion, but you don't stop to educate them or stomp on them, they're just a brainless bump on the ground.
You fail to realize your mind is as closed as those whom you presume to enlighten.

You've made your position known. It's not gaining traction.
Human Ills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:32 AM   #12
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOKER650 View Post

Roosting SOME people with rocks can lead to them yanking their deer rifle out from under the seats,who knows what they might do next.
Its personal discretion.
Just my 530 can throw rocks very far and easily through a windshield,a 990? Your using your bike like a weapon to demonstrate your petty little temper.

Why be so stupid? A fast pass can be done with out wheelspin.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:45 AM   #13
AZbiker
Crunkin' with crackers

Oddometer: 6,949
You did fine.

If he "didn't feel comfortable" maybe he should sell his Jeep and buy a Prius...

derek

http://azbiker.smugmug.com

Got SmugMug? If not, save some cash and use my code: McYdbycdcvM5Q
AZbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:43 AM   #14
Toto
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZbiker View Post
You did fine.

If he "didn't feel comfortable" maybe he should sell his Jeep and buy a Prius...
Yep...
Toto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:49 AM   #15
fhowell55
poser

Oddometer: 148
no you're not at fault

Sir,
The guy in the truck is THE DICK.
you had far more patience than I would've had.
Fuck him, and forget it.
and congrats for pelting the prick with gravel.
fhowell55 is offline   Reply With Quote