User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2012, 11:07 PM   #1
davidji OP
bike curious

Oddometer: 965
Helmet that fits Arai Profile wearer?

What current model, available in the USA full-face street helmet fits the rider who fits in the Arai Profile?

As far as I can tell manufacturers are going to more neutral helmet shapes. I wear a Profile now, and I wonder what current models I could replace it with. Without pounding out some of the EPS in the front.

I've looked at the helmet shape information on webbikeworld. But I'm curious what works for other Profile wearers.
davidji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:59 AM   #2
Droptarotter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,186
I have a Profile.........in a new Arai, the Signet Q is the one that fits best.
The Schuberth C-3 fits........but left a dent in my forehead.

I did purchase a Shoei Neotec this year as I wanted a flip up helmet.........so there are three helmets that fit your needs.

Cheers
Old 11-25-2012, 06:07 AM   #3
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 7,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droptarotter View Post

I did purchase a Shoei Neotec this year as I wanted a flip up helmet.........so there are three helmets that fit your needs.

Cheers
Same size Neotec as profile?
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:10 PM   #4
Droptarotter
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by levain View Post
Same size Neotec as profile?
Yes........
Old 11-25-2012, 10:27 AM   #5
davidji OP
bike curious

Oddometer: 965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droptarotter View Post
I have a Profile.........in a new Arai, the Signet Q is the one that fits best.
The Schuberth C-3 fits........but left a dent in my forehead.
Thanks. Dent in the forehead means doesn't fit to me. Which rules out all of current Arai line. Yeah I could wear them if I'd modify the EPS liner. Hopefully when I need a new helmet it won't come to that.
davidji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:12 PM   #6
Droptarotter
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidji View Post
Thanks. Dent in the forehead means doesn't fit to me. Which rules out all of current Arai line. Yeah I could wear them if I'd modify the EPS liner. Hopefully when I need a new helmet it won't come to that.
Just to be clear.............The Signet Q fit perfectly.......if I was to replace my Profile with an Arai, I would buy the Signet Q.

Your head may vary
Old 11-25-2012, 06:20 AM   #7
atgatt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
I have a Profile... it has been discontinued but as the previous poster said, the Signet-Q has replaced it.

Here is a good list:

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...met-shapes.htm

"Narrow" helmets are listed right at the top.

Atgatt
atgatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:01 PM   #8
pgh
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
I replaced a large Profile with a large Signet-Q. Fit great. Actually, I found the fit better for my head.
pgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:09 AM   #9
AKjitsu
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 117
I've had a few Profiles and find the fit of the Shoei RF 1100 to be almost identical
AKjitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:47 AM   #10
outsidein
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKjitsu View Post
I've had a few Profiles and find the fit of the Shoei RF 1100 to be almost identical
I own a Profile and and have tried the Shoei RF-1100 and highly disagree with this statement. The Profile is made for those with a long and narrow head (long oval). Most Shoei's have a rounder shape and fit those with round heads optimally - the opposite of long oval. When I tried on a Shoei RF1100 I had a pressure points on my forehead and back of head and all kinds of room at the sides. These two helmets are on the opposite ends of the fitment spectrum.

Arai now makes the Signet-Q for long oval heads. The Bell RS-1 fits like an intermediate oval helmet and may work on a LO head. Shark make some helmets for a narrower head. Check WebBikeWorld helmet shape guide.
outsidein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:38 PM   #11
AKjitsu
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by outsidein View Post
I own a Profile and and have tried the Shoei RF-1100 and highly disagree with this statement. The Profile is made for those with a long and narrow head (long oval). Most Shoei's have a rounder shape and fit those with round heads optimally - the opposite of long oval. When I tried on a Shoei RF1100 I had a pressure points on my forehead and back of head and all kinds of room at the sides. These two helmets are on the opposite ends of the fitment spectrum.

Arai now makes the Signet-Q for long oval heads. The Bell RS-1 fits like an intermediate oval helmet and may work on a LO head. Shark make some helmets for a narrower head. Check WebBikeWorld helmet shape guide.

First off, you have nothing to disagree with. I simply stated my own experience. And since you have no damned way to know what my experience has been, what exactly are you disagreeing with? I donít know what RF 1100 you tried but it sure as hell wasnít the one I have.

Iím becoming very suspicious of the quality control/consistency of the helmet liners out there; including the premium brands. A lot of guys have successfully switched from the Profile to Signet Q. But when my GF and I (both long time Profile users) bought a couple (to take advantage of the wider eye port, which is substantial) we found that size-for-size our foreheads were being crushed. Sent them back.

I had a Shark RSI, which fit my long narrow noggin splendidly, for many years. When the interior became so stinky I couldnít stand it any longer I ordered a new set of guts in the same size. Which made the very same helmet fit all caddywampus on my head.

I generally respect the guys at Webbikeworld but Iím being forced to the conclusion that the opinions theyíre stating regarding helmet shapes are a function just exactly which helmet example they got their hands on.

From now on, when itís new helmet time Iím going to a retailer, trying on what they have and, if I find one I like, Iíll take that one home. Not one ďjust like itĒ. Not the same model ordered in a different color. The one I just had on my head and no other.
AKjitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:55 AM   #12
Ape76
NB

Oddometer: 168
The AGV line specifically the T2 seem to fit your profile so check them out...
Ape76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:00 PM   #13
fast4d
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,197
check out a signet-q yesterday. the exterior/vents are exactly the same as the profile.

what is the improvement in the signet-q other than the $150 price increase?
2000 Kawasaki ZRX1100
2013 KTM SMT 990
fast4d is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:46 AM   #14
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 7,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by outsidein View Post
+1. I tried on an RF-1100 last year at some point to replace my Profile and got an instant forehead head ache.
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:20 PM   #15
ADVMAC
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
Same with me rf1100 & x12 Shoei are round oval like the Arai rxq . I went with the signet Q .Love it