Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-16-2012, 03:21 PM   #1
KneeKicker OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,625
Mapsource track delete

I made a track with Mapsource and after prerunning it I need to delete a couple sections.

I used the erase tool with the little pencil icon,but it seems to only delete the waypoints and not the segment of the track I want to delete.

It is deleting the waypoint but the track just connects to the next waypoint,I need to delete it totally and add in a new part to the existing track.

"I got so drunk last night I woke this morning and someone had shit my pants" Ron White
KneeKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:45 PM   #2
250senuf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,211
Try splitting the track first. Then erase the unwanted part. Rejoin or draw track and join.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:09 PM   #3
MJS
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,801
In Mapsource zoom out so you can see the whole track. Open the track properties. Select the first track point (or one in the middle if that is where you want to edit). You should see that point highlighted on your track. Now use the down arrow on your keyboard to scroll through the track. When you get near the point you want to edit, take note of the track point number.

Now go back to the map screen and zoom in on the area / section you want to edit. Go back to the properties tab and select the track point number noted above. Using the up or down arrows scroll to the point where you want to start your edit. Hold down the shift key and use the arrow key to select all of the track points you want to delete. The track points should be highlighted in the properties box as you select them. When you get through selecting all of the track points hit the delete key. That section of your track will be gone and the track will be continuous.

Hint: I always start / end my edit before my actual desired points. Then I zoom way in and select and delete the points a few at a time. And CTRL-Z will restore you points if you find you made a mistake. Hint 2: I always save to a different track name so I have the original file.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:49 AM   #4
9Dave
Bazinga!

Oddometer: 12,754
Be sure you have the track edit tool bar turned on - right click on the tool bar area and check Track Edit.

You can use the tools to split and join tracks, erase points, draw new points.

It is a little tricky some times. Be sure to save a copy of your file before making major changes so you have something to go back to if you need.

dunno.....
9Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:22 AM   #5
wbbnm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJS View Post
In Mapsource zoom out so you can see the whole track. Open the track properties. Select the first track point (or one in the middle if that is where you want to edit). You should see that point highlighted on your track. Now use the down arrow on your keyboard to scroll through the track. When you get near the point you want to edit, take note of the track point number.

Now go back to the map screen and zoom in on the area / section you want to edit. Go back to the properties tab and select the track point number noted above. Using the up or down arrows scroll to the point where you want to start your edit. Hold down the shift key and use the arrow key to select all of the track points you want to delete. The track points should be highlighted in the properties box as you select them. When you get through selecting all of the track points hit the delete key. That section of your track will be gone and the track will be continuous.

Hint: I always start / end my edit before my actual desired points. Then I zoom way in and select and delete the points a few at a time. And CTRL-Z will restore you points if you find you made a mistake. Hint 2: I always save to a different track name so I have the original file.
+1. This is what I almost always do. To summarize editing the track points is a lot like editing a text document.
I also use this method to create new tracks by cutting and pasting from old ones.

I do kind of like some of the track editing tools in BaseCamp, but I never got very good at using them in Mapsource.
wbbnm is offline   Reply With Quote